I played metal for a long time since I started playing guitar but I still can't play rythm with continuously fast down strokes without my wrist or my arm tried because I heard peoples saying if you play rhythm downstrokes it will sound heavier idk if that's real or not. I don't know if other player feels like that but is there any tricks or particular practice for these downstroking rhythm?
Quote by joseph24
I played metal for a long time since I started playing guitar but I still can't play rythm with continuously fast down strokes without my wrist or my arm tried because I heard peoples saying if you play rhythm downstrokes it will sound heavier idk if that's real or not. I don't know if other player feels like that but is there any tricks or particular practice for these downstroking rhythm?

This is definitely true - not only does it sound heavier, but it will make your rhythm playing tighter, which is really important. Unfortunately the only trick to getting better is to practice downstrokes specifically. I would try starting with some rhythms you already know, and do them using only downstrokes. Be sure to incorporate palm muting and some different rhythmic figures into your practice. Luckily, if you've been playing metal for a while, this is something that should improve fairly quickly for you.
you want to practice your downstroke rhythm try to learn master of puppet from Metallica maybe one of the best song i know to practice this skill
-Esp Ltd Ec-1000 blk (EMG 60/81)
-Peavey vypyr vip 1