I love the title for this

I started a concept inspired by the fender TBX tone control and as we may know it's a pick and choose situation where you got to keep it at 5. So then you dig a little deeper and there are potentiometers out there that will actually go 10-0 on both portions called concentric or stacked pots. I ordered two from ebay and since there was little to go by online I whipped out my multimeter and photoshop and did a few images to help everyone out.

They are made by CTS to Alpha to name a few companies
no push pull options sadly but I wouldn't be against it
the best kind to me have what is called a center detent meaning it tells you when you are at 50% (250k vicinity for a 500k pot)

the Alpha shaft diameter is a little wider than the diameter of an import pot so I had to widen the hole on my guitar. approximately that of a CTS pot so no big deal you can't see a difference.

I went with B500k/B500k myself as I'm using two different types of tone controls that aren't commonly found in guitars but here's how to use them. These are for guys who don't want to drill into a guitar. Brownie points to those who use 4 of these in a les paul , sg or anything along those lines

firstly what they look like in "real life" I've had this one in my guitar for about a month or so and never had any issues like one pot bumping into the other or interfering with one portion of the pot.

Last edited by Tallwood13 at Apr 6, 2016,
Quote by Tallwood13
I love the title for this

I started a concept inspired by the fender TBX tone control and as we may know it's a pick and choose situation where you got to keep it at 5. So then you dig a little deeper and there are potentiometers out there that will actually go 10-0 on both portions called concentric or stacked pots.

You "started a concept?"

These things have been around for decades and available on guitars since at least the early '70's. Carvin has used them for years on its MIDI-capable guitars and on its basses, and Alembic had them on some of their guitars waaaaay back when.

Nothing new here.
Yeah, those have been on J-basses for a good few decades.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
I have one of these pots kicking around, my original plans for it were to put it into my BC Rich ASM Pro as an independent volume control for both pickups but never actually got around to buying the knobs for it.
..I was watching my death.
Quote by timbit2006
I have one of these pots kicking around, my original plans for it were to put it into my BC Rich ASM Pro as an independent volume control for both pickups but never actually got around to buying the knobs for it.
nice
well how i meant concept was how i used it in my guitar fusing two of my favorite mods , i wrote this fast and didn't proof read this post.

these seemed a good idea for someones post I suggested one of these today and figured I'd shed a bit more light on them doing a whole thread about them to kind of get the word out more about these.
Last edited by Tallwood13 at Apr 7, 2016,
hmm these pots open up many more possibilities! i got a guitar i gotta paint this summer, think i might use one of these
Very Orange CARVIN DC 700
PRS SE Custom - crunch lab&PAF pro
Ibanez GRX40 - modified
Peavey Valveking 112 w/ 2x12 cab

Originally Posted by Shirate
The guitar, the only beautiful female that looks better with the top ON haha

Transformice
That's fair - certainly I could be tempted to stick these on my Tele to get a Les Paul control layout while keeping the general look. I think I probably value the S-1 switch too much, but it's a cool idea.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one