I wonder if there is a way to calculate how much money say? Eddie Van Halen has made per note played?

(studio recordings only)
Quote by sam b
about tree fiddy

N it wus bout dat time i realized that girl scout was bout 8 stories tall.....it wus dat gawdamn lochness monstah!!
Quote by Dick Savage
N it wus bout dat time i realized that girl scout was bout 8 stories tall.....it wus dat gawdamn lochness monstah!!

u wot
Quote by Dick Savage at #33914551

i says dammit monstah!!!! get off my lawn!!!!!
yeah, assuming you know how much money he's off van halen recordings and the total number of notes played in every recorded van halen song and how division works.
Quote by Dick Savage

Still my favourite ep just for the loch Ness monster stories
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
Quote by Pastafarian96

I love it also lol
It wouldn't be impossible, or even hard...but time consuming nonetheless.

I'd rather be more interested in the meaningful practice hours he took to develop his craft. I remember reading something in Guitar World that he spent quite a lot. I'm sure people like him and Vai have clocked well above 10,000.
The amount paid for playing a note for a concert vs. studio album would never reach a fixed average amount since the studio album release depends entirely on the sale of the album nationwide.

One album could mean 50 concerts and vise versa.
Quote by snipelfritz
You lost me at "Lubricate."

I'm raw, like nature. Nature boy. Big jungle leaves are my cum rags.

Sometimes I fuck a bamboo shoot.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Quote by Fat Lard
It wouldn't be impossible, or even hard...but time consuming nonetheless.

I'd rather be more interested in the meaningful practice hours he took to develop his craft. I remember reading something in Guitar World that he spent quite a lot. I'm sure people like him and Vai have clocked well above 10,000.

Actually 10,000 hours is considered the average time to achieve virtuosity, so yea you are spot on.

I am actually interested in a cash per note figure though.
Quote by Joshua Garcia
The amount paid for playing a note for a concert vs. studio album would never reach a fixed average amount since the studio album release depends entirely on the sale of the album nationwide.

One album could mean 50 concerts and vise versa.

Thats why i specified studio recordings only.
Quote by Dick Savage
Thats why i specified studio recordings only.
I missed that.

I guess you'd start with how much he makes per each song (which is already tricky considering the cost for distribution). You would have to count every note in that song (which doesn't even cover how to calculate bends and whammys) and work out a figure for all those notes that adds up to that number. Do the same for all the songs on the album, then do the same for the rest of the albums, total them all up and you're left with every note he's ever played and how much he's earned for every song made. Then you would do the same and work out a figure for each note that adds up to the total earnings (I imagine it would be an exponent figure) and there you go, I guess. I wouldn't know how to solve for x though. And even then, that figure can change very easily with another album release, so my answer is still pretty much the same.

Disclaimer in case I'm wrong: I'm dumb, don't listen to me.
Quote by snipelfritz
You lost me at "Lubricate."

I'm raw, like nature. Nature boy. Big jungle leaves are my cum rags.

Sometimes I fuck a bamboo shoot.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Last edited by Joshua Garcia at Apr 7, 2016,
Quote by Joshua Garcia
I missed that.

I guess you'd start with how much he makes per each song (which is already tricky considering the cost for distribution). You would have to count every note in that song (which doesn't even cover how to calculate bends and whammys) and work out a figure for all those notes that adds up to that number. Do the same for all the songs on the album, then do the same for the rest of the albums, total them all up and you're left with every note he's ever played and how much he's earned for every song made. Then you would do the same and work out a figure for each note that adds up to the total earnings (I imagine it would be an exponent figure) and there you go, I guess. I wouldn't know how to solve for x though. And even then, that figure can change very easily with another album release, so my answer is still pretty much the same.

Disclaimer in case I'm wrong: I'm dumb, don't listen to me.

Not true.

I do plan on figuring this out one day......i will post results when i finish.
The problem isn't in the calculations, which are relatively straightforward, the problem is in acquiring the necessary data.
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Quote by Arby911
The problem isn't in the calculations, which are relatively straightforward, the problem is in acquiring the necessary data.

That will definitely be the bitch of it.
Quote by Pastafarian96

which episode is this?

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
Quote by JamSessionFreak
which episode is this?

"The Succubus"