Hi guys,

Can someone help me? Someone's selling this stratocaster, based on the serial number I was able to find out that it was probably made in 2005/2006. Tried to search for the specs of American Fenders made in 2005 but they don't really seem to match this guitar. For starters, the tuners are suppose to be Schaller (according to a post on the Fender forum), but I thought these were Ping tuners? Might be wrong though...

Anyway, what do you guys think? Is this a legit American strat? And can anyone add extra info about American strats made in 2005 or this particular guitar?

Thanks!

(Invalid img)

(Invalid img)

(Invalid img)
As far as I can tell, it appears to be legit, from the info you've provided. The serial number does indeed date it to 2005/2006.

All, or at least most USA-made Fender guitars will have 22-fret necks, whereas the Mexican-built strats will have 21-fret necks. You can see that this one has 22.

The tuner question, I'm not sure about. Someone else might chime in there!
- Gibson Flying V 120 #1 (White)
- Gibson Flying V 120 #2 (Cherry)
- Gibson SG Standard ('61 style)
- Jackson DK2M

- ENGL Fireball 60

- Many pedals, plus other stuff
Looks legit. I have a 2000 USA Strat and I think the tuners are the same.
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
All, or at least most USA-made Fender guitars will have 22-fret necks, whereas the Mexican-built strats will have 21-fret necks. You can see that this one has 22.

Ah yes! I forgot about this! You are right, thanks!!

Looks legit. I have a 2000 USA Strat and I think the tuners are the same.

Thanks for the info! I assume your 2000 strat also starts with serial number Z? If so, they should have the same specs (American standards from 2000-2008 all have the same specs, according to a forum on Fender).