Hey everyone

As mentioned in the title I am looking for a way to control my guitar amp and effect pedal parameters (on/off, volume, channels ect) using midi or something like that. Ideally I would like to control these things from a computer (not foot switching), is there potentially a program I could use, and If so what else (hardware, software) do I need to achieve what I am wanting to do.
Last edited by Benniboy246 at Apr 7, 2016,
If this isn't a live application, you should just look into virtual signal processors and amp simulation on the computer in a DAW, which will have all parameters mappable to midi CC. The MIDI data itself can come from anywhere, including programming in the DAW itself or real time using a midi controller such as a midi keyboard, beatpad, etc.

If this is a live application you should just use NI Guitar Rig hooked up to a laptop or rack computer on stage.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
I currently use guitar rig 5 but it doesn't provide me with what I am looking for, I just use it for looking for sounds to use on a real amp with my pedal collection

I would like to control everything with midi from my computer but I want to be able to use real hardware (controled by software)
I recently ran across a pretty cool product for controlling the pots on your pedals, throught MIDI. Here is the link.

http://www.thegigrig.com/thegigrig-autopot-c2x19427686

There are a ton of products for placing pedals in and removing them from the chain via MIDI. Same with controlling your amps.
Guitar - Ibanaz GAX70
Amp - Marshall Vintage Modern 2266 Combo
Pedals - Maxon OD9, Ibanez AD9, MXR Phase 90, MXR Analog Chorus
That is pretty cool

Do you know how many of those little dials come with it or whether you could control it from a pc

Thanks for that
Quote by Benniboy246
That is pretty cool

Do you know how many of those little dials come with it or whether you could control it from a pc

Thanks for that

I believe you can control 3 pots. These units are MIDI controlled so you should be able to control them from any MIDI controller, including PC based ones.

I have never used these so I cannot give you any first hand information. There are some demos on YouTube that may be able to provide you with more specifics.
Guitar - Ibanaz GAX70
Amp - Marshall Vintage Modern 2266 Combo
Pedals - Maxon OD9, Ibanez AD9, MXR Phase 90, MXR Analog Chorus
I discovered the Liquid Foot+ mini pedal controller, and I think it is going to be perfect for my uses, thankyou for your help