Just like the tread name I got not very much money and I want a tube amp because i'm using an SS amp and every people saying tube amp is always better than SS amp so
My budget are not sure yet but im saving up and now I can buy
-Kustom Defender Head 5W which i think its all tube not hybrid (right now its goes for 119.5$ these prices are not US price btw its just my country price converted to USD)

but then i see 2 more amp that are affordable but a bit more expensive because im not in any hurry so i just gonna save up some more money fora better one

-Kustom Defender Head 15W (im not sure why would i got for more wattage)(163.5 $)
-Orange Micro Terror Head 20W its a hybrid (115 $)
now I know hybrid is not all tube but is it worth it to buy a hybrid amp or i just gonna go all tube
and last thing my local shop got a promotion which is if I buy A Kustom defender 5W head(119.5 $)+Kustom Defender 1x12 Cab 30W (119.5 $) I will get a discount for both price to 190.99 which is ridiculously cheap
So now im left with
-Orange Micro Terror Head 20W(115 $)
--Kustom Defender Head 5W+30W Cab(119.5 $)
which one should i get?
thank you for all of your answers
Quote by joseph24 at #33915142

-Kustom Defender Head 15W (im not sure why would i got for more wattage)(163.5 $)
-Orange Micro Terror Head 20W its a hybrid (115 $)

If you want a tube amp, why do you have a hybrid on your list and another amp that is questionably "all tube"? The Micro Terror isn't tube. The Kustom Defender might have a tube power section BUT the fact that it's a high gain amp and only has a single 12AX7 in the preamp leads me to believe that there is obviously something else going on to produce gain without a bunch of extra tubes in the front end (I.E: Diodes)

If you want a tube amp, save up for an actual tube amp. Don't settle for something like that cause it's cheaper. That would be a waste of money.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
If you want a tube amp, why do you have a hybrid on your list and another amp that is questionably "all tube"? The Micro Terror isn't tube. The Kustom Defender might have a tube power section BUT the fact that it's a high gain amp and only has a single 12AX7 in the preamp leads me to believe that there is obviously something else going on to produce gain without a bunch of extra tubes in the front end (I.E: Diodes)

If you want a tube amp, save up for an actual tube amp. Don't settle for something like that cause it's cheaper. That would be a waste of money.

I did not expect Hatebreeder to reply to this lol but is there any real tube amp
around that price maybe at higher price like 200-300$ possibly new?
if not the cheapest all tube amp then how much is it? any wattage (new)
Last edited by joseph24 at Apr 7, 2016,
Quote by joseph24 at #33915273
I did not expect Hatebreeder to reply to this lol but is there any real tube amp
around that price maybe at higher price like 200-300$ possibly new?
if not the cheapest all tube amp then how much is it? any wattage (new)

Why not? I answer a lot of questions.

You need to provide your location, what kind of music you play, if you're willing to buy new or used and if you're gigging if you want that question answered. What I will say though is you really should consider saving up more cash if you actually want something nice. Especially if you won't buy used. 500 bucks might be able to get you something nice. 300 bucks most likely wont.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
i'm in asia
I play wide varieties of musics mostly Hard rock up to All metal
I mainly willing to go for new rather than used but I gotta admit it in asia you can't easily find used stuff on a market.
I'm currently looking at
-Blackstar HT-5RH head Still I am not sure is this true tube or not (357.85 $)
-Peavey ValveKing II Micro 20W head (383.5 $)
-Laney IRONHEART IRT15H Head (by far the best on this list i think) (363.5 $)
These are the cheap new tube amps around my local area
Quote by joseph24 at #33915313
i'm in asia
I play wide varieties of musics mostly Hard rock up to All metal
I mainly willing to go for new rather than used but I gotta admit it in asia you can't easily find used stuff on a market.
I'm currently looking at
-Blackstar HT-5RH head Still I am not sure is this true tube or not (357.85 $)
-Peavey ValveKing II Micro 20W head (383.5 $)
-Laney IRONHEART IRT15H Head (by far the best on this list i think) (363.5 $)
These are the cheap new tube amps around my local area

I would think used stuff is hard to find there, sure. Also forget the Blackstar, that isn't all tube (no matter what they advertise)

Are you able to try them out? If so, the Valveking and the Ironheart are good choices. The Valveking IMO sits more for hard rock but can get into metal territory with a nice boost in the front. The Ironheart is moreso an amp for metal IIRC. Tons of gain on tap and a voicing more suited for modern metal etc...
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Do you have any pedals? If yes, do you want your heavier distortion to come from your pedals or your amp?
Quote by JD Close
Piano dick had some good parts, but should have said "As the business man slowly gets boned", would have accented the whole dick feeling of the album
the only correct answer for you is,
forget about tubes for a second

Step 1:
If you are on a budget go to the guitar store with that budget

Step 2:
Tell the people working there i have ... $ to spend on an amp

Step 3:
Play the amps the tell is within your budget

Step 4: buy the one you like the most

Tube is not better then SS its different, if you can't afford a good tube amp maybe a good SS will be in your budget. Or you can buy second hand.
Mow lawns, wash dishes, sweep floors, and come up with some more cash for a decent tube amp. Peavy valve king or Vypyr tube 60 should be on your short list along with Laney. They make the noises you want and are reasonable.
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
I would be considering getting the laney because I do think I play more metal than rock-hard rock
I really appreciate your help hatebreeder! btw what amp are you running?
Quote by joseph24 at #33915361
I would be considering getting the laney because I do think I play more metal than rock-hard rock
I really appreciate your help hatebreeder! btw what amp are you running?

No problem. Hopefully you find an amp that works for you.

Right now I've downsized a bit. I got rid of a Fender combo a few months ago and I play through a Mesa/Boogie Rectoverb combo now. I'll be grabbing another amp soon to satisfy my classic rock tones as well so that will be fun.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
No problem. Hopefully you find an amp that works for you.

Right now I've downsized a bit. I got rid of a Fender combo a few months ago and I play through a Mesa/Boogie Rectoverb combo now. I'll be grabbing another amp soon to satisfy my classic rock tones as well so that will be fun.

Nice! keep flying high buddy!
Quote by joseph24 at #33915378
Nice! keep flying high buddy!

You too
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster