Hey there folks,
It's my first post here, so I think that saying hi is a good idea. My name is Chris, I'm 19 and I live in Poland. Been playing the guitar since I was 12. Feels good to finally be the part of the community.

I'm looking for a new rig to jam with. I really like Laiho's signature guitars, but since I cannot afford a 4000$ ESP, had to look for some LTDs, and the Alexi 600 serie seems about right. I saw that there's a couple of models to choose from, but the only diffrence seems to be the painting. I really like the black one with yellow stripes on it, -> http://i.ebayimg.com/images/i/121629748507-0-1/s-l1000.jpg

Is there any other diffrence between this and other Alexi 600s? For example the Greeny? Or the Scythe?

Thanks in advance.
rock on
What exactly is your budget?

Is there a decent used market for guitar near you?

Are you willing to buy used? You can get a higher quality instrument used for the price of a cheaper new one, although the Alexi 600s are really nice!

What amp are you playing through?

What types of music do you play? I am assuming given your choice you play metal.

The Alexi 600 is a one trick pony are you willing to paint yourself into a corner?

Don't get me wrong a have a vintage Kramer with one pickup and I love it but I have 14 guitars if this is going to be your main axe you may want to think about getting something a bit more versitile with two pickups.

If not then the Alexi 600 is definately a nice guitar, I nearly bought one from my old bandmate but opted to purchase his Ibanez Xiphos XPT700 instead.
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

Hey there, and thanks for feedback!

Quote by Evilnine
What exactly is your budget?

Not much, actually, around 660$.

The thing is, that the Scythe's (http://guitarcenter.pl/catalog/gitara/gitary/gitary-elektryczne/esp-ltd-alexi-600-scythe) price in Poland is 1300$, equals to 4799 polish zloty. I didn't really like it's paint design, so I searched for an used Black/yellow thing. and voila, I actually found one. The orginal EMG HZ was replaced with the Seymour Duncan Blackout active pickup. As for the two-humbucker guitar, I actually own an Epiphone Sg custom Ex with EMG 81/85 set and a Gibson Les Paul Studio. I saw a bunch of high quality photos, and the guitar is in a perfect shape and condition. I was looking for a war axe with Floyd Rose, and it seemed like I actually found one. What do you think?
Last edited by Oximus at Apr 8, 2016,