Does anyone know where to get the binding?

StewMac has body binding in whit, black, cream, but just the solid colour, not like some Gibsons have where it's white/cream with the black pinstripe running through.

Found the perfect neck for a kit that has the white/black binding around the headstock, but can't find body binding to match.
Quote by THRobinson
Does anyone know where to get the binding?

StewMac has body binding in whit, black, cream, but just the solid colour, not like some Gibsons have where it's white/cream with the black pinstripe running through.

Found the perfect neck for a kit that has the white/black binding around the headstock, but can't find body binding to match.

that's because you have to laminate it yourself. real gibson custom binding is white outer, followed by b/w/b/w/b

the lam pattern you are describing around your headstock is not les paul custom binding.

go here and choose your strips:
http://www.lmii.com/products/mostly-not-wood/bindings-purflings/plastic-binding/black/white-abs

you'll need adhesive and a draw-thru type laminating fixture to do it right. binding tape, a scraper, etc.. and the ability to work cleanly and quickly with smelly solvents and dissolving plastic. I suspect that since you didn't know this, it might not be the task for you -multilam plastic binding is not a job for a casual diy-er
Last edited by ad_works at Apr 8, 2016,
Oy... I've never binded before and sounds like I'm picking something a bit hard to start with... maybe white and a sharpie will work. j/k