Poll: would you live in a muslim country?
Poll Options
View poll results: would you live in a muslim country?
hell no
41 76%
probably not
13 24%
Voters: 54.
Page 1 of 6
http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2016/04/07/473347159/atheist-law-student-hacked-to-death-in-bangladesh?utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=npr&utm_term=nprnews&utm_content=20160407

Nah jk, it's the other way around, obviously.

A 28-year-old atheist law student has been killed in Bangladesh. The attack follows a string of murders last year targeting outspoken advocates of secularism.

Nazimuddin Samad, a student at Jagannath University, was hacked and shot on Wednesday night while he was walking in Bangladesh's capital, Dhaka, The Associated Press reports. Multiple attackers, who were reportedly riding on a motorcycle, have not been identified. They escaped while praising Allah, according to the news service.

So glad I live in a country where I can be an atheist and only face social prejudice instead of straight up murder.
Check out my band Disturbed
Yah, saw this yesterday. It really adds to the idea of the psychology behind these attacks, where looking for even the most obscure of people deviating becomes an obsession.
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
well if we banned atheism maybe they wouldn't get killed
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
well maybe if we banned flags they wouldn't be false
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
Quote by Baby Joel
well maybe if we banned flags they wouldn't be false

Yea, we should ban flag making, and burn all the flags that currently exist.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Quote by TobusRex
Good thing it's a "religion of peace", huh?

It has nothing to do with Islam. It's a Middle-Eastern African South Asian cultural problem.
does this make him a hacktivist
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Quote by Trowzaa
does this make him a hacktivist

nice
That sucks.

Hopefully one day well be able to not murder people when they don't feel the same way we do.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by ElMaco

'93 Gibson LP Studio (498T/490R)-Ebony
'14 Gibson LP Standard (JB/Jazz)-Ocean Water Perimeter
Epi MKH LP Custom-7 (SD Custom Shop JB-7)-Ebony
+More

Maxon od808|Boss NS-2|Boss CE-5|
Line6 G55|Korg Pitchblack Pro

JVM 210h|1960a(V30/G12t-75)
Quote by TobusRex
Good thing it's a "religion of peace", huh?

I'm sure they hacked and shot in an extremely peaceful manner
I have nothing important to say
I was gonna make this thread and call it "religion of peace strikes again" 😒
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
yeah there is a big problem in Bangladesh rn w extremists attacking people. usually atheist bloggers. really unfortunate, as Bangladesh is a progressive country, so there are lots of targets for extremists. that's why I haven't visited in the past few years. very scared for my family (they're all Muslim but they're all also part of the normal population/progressive)
Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Quote by StewieSwan
It has nothing to do with Islam. It's a Middle-Eastern African South Asian cultural problem.

yeah totally we should just get rid of all the muslims, right?? that'll solve extremism!!
Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

No religions are fit for human consumption, for the record. It amazes me there is so much bloodshed and horror inflicted in the name of make believe.
Quote by TobusRex
No religions are fit for human consumption, for the record. It amazes me there is so much bloodshed and horror inflicted in the name of make believe.

What would you prefer it be inflicted in the name of?

Exactly...
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Quote by Arby911

Exactly...

Uncontrolled, juvenile rage, vengeance, and resentment?

Were these "real Muslims" or "extremists" who actually have nothing to do with Islam?

"Every day I wonder how many things I am dead wrong about."
Absolutely done with western masochistic cowards defending this fucked up religion with straw man moralizing. They're crossing into the realm of culpability.
Quote by Arby911

Reality
Quote by TobusRex
Reality

Odd, I'd prefer it not be inflicted at all if possible.

Perhaps we hold different values...
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Quote by Rossenrot
Absolutely done with western masochistic cowards defending this fucked up religion with straw man moralizing. They're crossing into the realm of culpability.

you know that most of the victims of ISIS are Muslim, right??

idk how some americans can think that guns don't kill people but Islam kills people. extremists use both and those extremists need to be stopped

there are over 5000 Muslims in the US military currently working to help stop terrorism.
Quote by Arthur Curry

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Last edited by vintage x metal at Apr 8, 2016,
Yeah we've all heard it a thousand times. You know that the women treated like chattel in Islam are Islamic, right???? You get that, don't you?????
Quote by vintage x metal
yeah totally we should just get rid of all the muslims, right?? that'll solve extremism!!

nah, the people can stay, but the religion can disappear into history as far as I'm concerned.
Quote by Rossenrot
Yeah we've all heard it a thousand times. You know that the women treated like chattel in Islam are Islamic, right???? You get that, don't you?????

I grew up Muslim. I was not treated like chattel. My Muslim family and cousins are more progressive than my American agnostic family members.
Quote by Arthur Curry

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Quote by StewieSwan
nah, the people can stay, but the religion can disappear into history as far as I'm concerned.

and how exactly does that work??
Quote by Arthur Curry

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Quote by Arby911
Odd, I'd prefer it not be inflicted at all if possible.

Perhaps we hold different values...

For the record I'm generally a pacifist. Generally.

If people are going to be slaughtering each other I'd prefer it to be over something REAL, as opposed to make believe.

Probably our values aren't as different as you think.
Spent years living in a muslim country, these dudes are most likely just deluded and mental.
Quote by lespaul#1
Dr_Shred wins the thread

LEAVE THE PASTRIES ALONE!!!
You're making a lot of threads that Vintage can have closed with a snap of her anecdotal fingers
Quote by Overlord
It's not hard to be nice, but it's nice to be hard
Quote by vintage x metal
and how exactly does that work??

criticism&education

We're not at all afraid to call out Christianity for its generally shitty stance on gay, trans, and women's rights, and rightfully so. It's definitely a huge root cause of problems. Yet when it comes to Muslims, we make all these excuses about 'their culture' and #notallmuslims and how that's not real islam and all that other deflective bullshit.

Quote by dr_shred
Spent years living in a muslim country, these dudes are most likely just deluded and mental.

yeah, religious fundamentalists tend to be that way
Last edited by StewieSwan at Apr 8, 2016,
Quote by vintage x metal
I grew up Muslim. I was not treated like chattel. My Muslim family and cousins are more progressive than my American agnostic family members.

And with a single anecdote, all the data and dubious experts were banished from ever speaking honestly about Islam again, exiled in their disgrace to live out their petulant lives in self-loathing incredulity. So passes the twilight of the infidel, God willing.
Quote by Carnivean
You're making a lot of threads that Vintage can have closed with a snap of her anecdotal fingers

still like her way more than I like you
who is making excuses here about culture??

what are you guys even arguing about? all I'm saying is that extremism really sucks. Islam didn't tell those fucked up crazy people to kill that atheist, and if you think somehow "getting rid of a religion" (good luck) is going to solve it, then please, be my guest.

there are a lot of issues in different predominantly Muslim countries and I agree that those need to be solved. you guys fighting on an internet forum about how dumb Islam is helps no one so stop acting righteous about it.
Quote by Arthur Curry

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Quote by StewieSwan

Oh shit Stewie because I was really hoping you liked me
Quote by Overlord
It's not hard to be nice, but it's nice to be hard
Quote by StewieSwan

tbh tho carny has turned around into a pretty good Pit citizen imo
Quote by Arthur Curry

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

tell you what tho I'll go have a talk with Islam and try and sort it out. he needs to stop forcing people to murder folks and oppress women.
Quote by Arthur Curry

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja