Hi All,

This is my first post to the forums, and i'm looking for a little advice on a few things

Basically i'm looking to get a setup but i have no idea on whats good gear with so many brands etc out there after been out of the scene for about 10 years

I've got the guitars but i'm looking at pedals, such as a loop pedal, amps on so on

1 a quality amp. nothing to expensive, Everyone seems like the "Orange" gear

What amp and head do you guys recommend that will make some decent noise, to get that old silverchair frogstomp sound

a loop pedal so i can put a bunch of loops together and a few effects like flanger, metal pedal etc, maybe a basic drum pad and a mixer board to plug everything into and record, any other advice and tips would be awesome on a setup..

Also how the fuck do you get your fingers to move more freely & faster on the guitar Everytime i bend my fingers they seem to cross over one another

anyway cheers for the help in advance

Lodgie
Give us a budget, style (name more favourite artists etc.), current gear, and any other specific requirements; otherwise any decent suggestions you'll get will be largely incidental.

Quote by lodgie
Also how the fuck do you get your fingers to move more freely & faster on the guitar Everytime i bend my fingers they seem to cross over one another

I'm not sure there's a much better answer to be had than practice.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 
Last edited by K33nbl4d3 at Apr 8, 2016,
If you want silverchair frogstomp... that's Marshall JCM 900. If you're on a very tight budget and willing to gamble... gulp... A Bugera 1990 is a cheap clone of the JCM 900. The Bugera's have a bit of a reputation for unreliability though. I don't know if that has changed or not. Used JCM 900 amps weren't too badly priced for a while, but since being reissued, suddenly people think they are more valuable than they should be. They are still semi-affordable.

Of course, you might not need a 100 watt halfstack, or even a 50 watt combo amp. Might be a bit much if you aren't planning on gigging. I can't think of any other amps that sound like a JCM 900 though that would fall into the low wattage realm. Maybe someone else will have an idea.

I can't help you on loops and effects set ups as that isn't a strong point for me. I'm sure someone else will chime in on that.
Gear: Gibson Les Paul Studio, Gibson SG Special, Fender Stratocaster, Fender Telecaster, Fender Jazzmaster, Gretsch Pro Jet, Carvin C350, Epiphone ES-339 P90, Epiphone ES-335 Pro. Peavey 6505, Sovtek MIG-100, Vox AC30, Peavey XXX.
Hi,

i'd be up for spending a few thousand but i'm just not sure what these blokes are trying to sell me in the store, so i want value for money. i wouldn't mind doing gigs in the near future or getting involved with band so some noise would be good, but i don't want someone selling me something for $5k that's a piece of shit,

orange or marshall? what head and amp? lets go with a 2k -3k budget on that area,

as for bands i'm getting back to my old school days, a few aussie bands as silverchair, superheist, sunk loto, then others would be sevendust, bring me the horizon, old school metallica nirvana etc i own a ESP JH2 Explorer

and as for the effect and loop pedals its just to get creative and loop a bunch of sounds with a fender and acoustic . i had a look at some loop effects but there's a fair few of them so whats good? again i'll pay for good quality and something that will last but i don't need the best of the best

Cheers Lodgie
as for bands i'm getting back to my old school days, a few aussie bands as silverchair, superheist, sunk loto, then others would be sevendust, bring me the horizon, old school metallica nirvana etc i own a ESP JH2 Explorer and a nice acoustic but no amp or anything else budget 2-5k
Quote by ThunderPunk
If you want silverchair frogstomp... that's Marshall JCM 900. If you're on a very tight budget and willing to gamble... gulp... A Bugera 1990 is a cheap clone of the JCM 900. The Bugera's have a bit of a reputation for unreliability though. I don't know if that has changed or not. Used JCM 900 amps weren't too badly priced for a while, but since being reissued, suddenly people think they are more valuable than they should be. They are still semi-affordable.

Of course, you might not need a 100 watt halfstack, or even a 50 watt combo amp. Might be a bit much if you aren't planning on gigging. I can't think of any other amps that sound like a JCM 900 though that would fall into the low wattage realm. Maybe someone else will have an idea.

I can't help you on loops and effects set ups as that isn't a strong point for me. I'm sure someone else will chime in on that.

cheers for the help ma! appreciate it!
Quote by K33nbl4d3
Give us a budget, style (name more favourite artists etc.), current gear, and any other specific requirements; otherwise any decent suggestions you'll get will be largely incidental.

I'm not sure there's a much better answer to be had than practice.

as for bands i'm getting back to my old school days, a few aussie bands as silverchair, superheist, sunk loto, then others would be sevendust, bring me the horizon, old school metallica nirvana etc i own a ESP JH2 Explorer and a nice acoustic but no amp or anything else budget 2-5k

cheers Lodgie