Hello everyone, I'm buying used for a practice Amp and I'm having a hard time deciding. I hear alot of good about both of them and I would like some opinions

Thank you for your time!!
What ...(Insert Gear?)... Threads

(what you should include to get good advice)

Budget? - What is practical for you and what is your limit?

Genres? - What style do you play mostly, fav guitarists, do you need cleans, etc?

New or Used? - Lots of great amps out there used, especially in a down economy.

Home or Gig? - Also important. Maybe you do both. Jamming with a drummer can be considered 'gigging' but you won't have a PA etc.

Closest City? - We aren't here to stalk you but we need to know where you are in the world roughly and we can help further if we know what city you are in (ie craigslist, local shops, Guitar Center used section, etc)

Current Gear? - Also good for us to know.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Budget- under 100

Condituon- used

Genre- little bit of everything but mostly metal

Home or gig- home

Location - USA

Gear- ESP Ltd ax 260, ibanez s570 with evolution pickups and amp is some cheap Peavy amp (not able to look at the moment)

I just want something for bedroom jamming nothing special, just want something that's OK at relatively low volume
Oh and as for location guitar center is the closest and that's 45 minutes away no local music shops, and I'm not a fan of Craigslist
then grab the vyper. the line 6 spider is complete garbage.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Yeah I would say the Vypyr would be the better choice. Also, if you're thinking that the 75 watter will be better because it has more wattage then you will be disappointed. More wattage doesn't make it better. It will simply amplify garbage louder.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Vypyr is probably the best bet. To be honest if you can even find a Peavey Bandit that'd be even better.
You Dont Know Me

I have 10 Anarchy Points - I also have 8 Mythology points!

Peavey Generation EXP Custom White
Yamaha 120S Black
Korg AX5G
Digitech Whammy
Zvex Fuzz Factory
Boss OS2

Quote by mrfinkle213
This man has brains.

Quote by CoreysMonster
Banned for indirect reference.
Vypyr 30. That thing is loud as shit for a bedroom setting. Dial back the post gain dial on all of the factory presets so the Master is usable.
Guitars:
Jackson Kelly KE3 - MIJ (Distortion/Jazz)
Jackson DKMGT Dinky (EMG 81/85)
ESP E-II Eclipse Custom (JB/'59)
ESP LTD EC-1001FR (EMG 81/60)
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster 212
Laney IronHeart IRT-Studio
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
TOOOO many T.C. Electronic Pedals. . .
And how about a third option: Roland Cube. Even the 20-watt version is more than loud enough for home practise, but in the same time sounds very nice at low volumes. I had the Cube 20 as my very first guitar amp, before I went tube, and I really loved it. Reliable, built like a tank, sounding really cool for the money, with tons of gain for metal - and in the same price range as the Spider or Vypyr....
B.C. Rich, Cort, Engl, Engl, Engl, Epiphone, Epiphone, Fender, Fender, Gallien-Krueger, Gallien-Krueger, Ibanez, Ibanez, Ibanez, KRK, KRK, KRK, Laney, Line6, Michael Kelly, Schecter, VHT, Yamaha....
Last edited by Airfish at Apr 9, 2016,
Quote by Airfish
And how about a third option: Roland Cube. Even the 20-watt version is more than loud enough for home practise, but in the same time sounds very nice at low volumes. I had the Cube 20 as my very first guitar amp, before I went tube, and I really loved it. Reliable, built like a tank, sounding really cool for the money, with tons of gain for metal - and in the same price range as the Spider or Vypyr....

Yeah this is a good post. That Roland Cube is actually used world round by pretty big artists as well, it's got a great reputation.
You Dont Know Me

I have 10 Anarchy Points - I also have 8 Mythology points!

Peavey Generation EXP Custom White
Yamaha 120S Black
Korg AX5G
Digitech Whammy
Zvex Fuzz Factory
Boss OS2

Quote by mrfinkle213
This man has brains.

Quote by CoreysMonster
Banned for indirect reference.
I like the Cube more than the Vypyr.

So sue me.
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
Vyper 30
Spyder III
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

Vypyr or Cube depending on your style of music. I suffer every Spider I have ever used or heard.
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY