We move on, into the car
his last few steps of this turning world
Ignorant of what is to come
there is sweetness in your eyes.
I'll always remember you as young.

Cradle your head I will be here for this moment.
Thought I saw you walk past my door
That unmistakable graceful trait

You are my good boy.
I will be waiting for you to leave that kiss on my cheek.
<3 <3 <3

I love this for reasons you can probably guess.

But it also fairly well written.
マリ「しあわっせはーあるいってこないだーからあるいってゆっくんだねーん 
いっちにっちいっぽみーかでさんぽ
 さーんぽすすんでにっほさっがるー 
じーんせいはっわんつー!ぱんち・・・

"Success is as dangerous as failure. Hope is as hollow as fear." - from Tao Te Ching

What I like is the intrigue of who this is referring to. I've read it a few times now and while it is about passing, it also feels like it could be about birth to (specifically the cradling of the head part).

The only part I'm not so sure about is 'his' and then 'your', are you talking to the person that this is about, or describing it? Great writing though, succinct and says a lot.
|
'....even the President of the United States sometimes must have to stand naked...."

Do me a favour, pop into Songwriting & Lyrics and add a comment to one thread, any thread, but contribute.

----

www.soundcloud.com/christobaldo
I guessed that, but I really didn't want to presume it - I figured if I went right with it I'd be wrong and then end up insulting some horrifically tragic incident with an elder family member or something like that.
|
'....even the President of the United States sometimes must have to stand naked...."

Do me a favour, pop into Songwriting & Lyrics and add a comment to one thread, any thread, but contribute.

----

www.soundcloud.com/christobaldo
No need to worry, I'm no crazed feminist. I don't get offended easily