I guess Guitar aquisition, have numerous guitars and basses, amps, and pedals.
I have Washburn guitars 'Maverick Series' and bass 'Bantam Series' and a few pedals and amps, but man I wish to have more patience and drive practicing my playing, if it's equal to the modding itch, then I'm golden.
[In response to your comment on a different thread]

I use round wounds.
Seriously though - About 3 years ago I nearly cut off the index finger on my left (fretting) hand with a chain saw (long story). After surgery, 2 months of physical therapy and almost a year of wood-shedding, I was able to regain about 90% use of the finger.

Since then I've had to adapt my fretting technique a little. For example, if you label fretting fingers as: index = 1, middle = 2, ring = 3 and pinky = 4, I have trouble now when I play notes moving between fingers 1 (bad finger) and 3, so in many cases I have to use 4 instead of 3. It's related to the stretching or reaching for notes. It's only a minor adjustment, and I don't use it in all cases - I just mix it up so that my bad finger doesn't get sore.
Quote by smtp4me
Seriously though - About 3 years ago I nearly cut off the index finger on my left (fretting) hand with a chain saw (long story). After surgery, 2 months of physical therapy and almost a year of wood-shedding, I was able to regain about 90% use of the finger.

Since then I've had to adapt my fretting technique a little. For example, if you label fretting fingers as: index = 1, middle = 2, ring = 3 and pinky = 4, I have trouble now when I play notes moving between fingers 1 (bad finger) and 3, so in many cases I have to use 4 instead of 3. It's related to the stretching or reaching for notes. It's only a minor adjustment, and I don't use it in all cases - I just mix it up so that my bad finger doesn't get sore.

Sounds like you had a Tony Iommi experience.
Quote by smb
Could be technique, gear, whatever. What's your unusual thing?

Looks like you've got a T-rex problem. Try using garlic to get rid of those pesky dinosaurs. Since I've implemented garlic into my diet, I have yet to see one.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Capos.

Others may consider my... enthusiasm... for Warwicks as a weird thing. But it isn't, because they are phenomenal. You're weird. Shut up!

The fact I don't own an amp at all anymore. The joy of only ever playing places with a decent FOH.

All impressively weird

Warwicks though...I always hated Warwicks, then I found one I needed to own...then I had to sell it to get by and now I really really need another Warwick despite still really hating them
Quote by smtp4me
I use round wounds.

consider yourself appropriately shunned
Quote by smb
consider yourself appropriately shunned

Forget about strings - how does a T-Rex play with those short arms?
Quote by bar2271
Sounds like you had a Tony Iommi experience.

Basically. When I started PT, the therapist asked what my goal was, which I promptly answered: "To play my guitar again". Sounds corny, but still true.
Quote by smb
All impressively weird

Warwicks though...I always hated Warwicks, then I found one I needed to own...then I had to sell it to get by and now I really really need another Warwick despite still really hating them

They wouldn't show me how they make their obviously crystal meth based glue when I was at the factory.
unfortunately, warwicks have brand recognition so i've never been able to find a used thumb within my price range. lesser known custom brands tend to go a lot lower second hand. i got my sage in pristine condition for $1300 with a hard case and an extra set of strings with a little haggling

OT: i play with my thumb more than my other fingers, to the point where i only use regular fingerpicking when i feel it totally necessary for the tone.

i also slap perpendicular to the strings (straight down rather than a hard pluck). i can do either, but for whatever reason i can pretty reliably slap that way faster and more concisely than i can double thump. it also helps me get a sharp, cutting sound for when i'm playing punk and metal since i don't like using a pick if i can help it.
modes are a social construct
Last edited by Hail at Apr 11, 2016,
"Doctor, Doctor, will he be able to play bass after the surgery?"

"Why, well of course he'll be able to play bass!"

"Gosh, he never could before..."
I tend to "hook" while playing fingerstyle if I don't watch myself. (playing with just the index finger)

And yes, my fretting style changed a bit after cutting off part of the tip of my fretting index finger.
Quote by anarkee
I tend to "hook" while playing fingerstyle if I don't watch myself. (playing with just the index finger)

And yes, my fretting style changed a bit after cutting off part of the tip of my fretting index finger.

ME TOO!!!

Quote by anarkee

I hook and rake a LOT. keeps things a tad funkier.
i have a knack for playing bass like a guitar. I mean, it kind of is a guitar... whether it be my metal band, or a simple jazz/funk tune. I'm constantly overplaying. I make it work for the most part, but its got its downsides
Quote by slap-a-bass
i have a knack for playing bass like a guitar. I mean, it kind of is a guitar... whether it be my metal band, or a simple jazz/funk tune. I'm constantly overplaying. I make it work for the most part, but its got its downsides

it's not overplaying if you have 0-1 guitarists
modes are a social construct
Quote by Deliriumbassist
I hook and rake a LOT. keeps things a tad funkier.

Yeah. Tend to use my middle finger though? I don't know if that's weird.
Quote by smtp4me
Forget about strings - how does a T-Rex play with those short arms?

badly