I have a kinsman k50gfx and it has a footswitch port in the back. i did some research online but i don't know what footswitch to buy, there doesn't seem to be an official one.

So does anyone know of a footswitch that will work and allow me to change the rhythm/lead and the effects or if anyone owns this amp with the right footswitch and could tell me what it's called.

A youtube video says a dual stereo footswitch can be used to switch rhythm/lead and the effects, will any generic one do?

Thanks
Last edited by WhammyBarAbuser at Apr 9, 2016,
Quote by WhammyBarAbuser
I have a kinsman k50gfx and it has a footswitch port in the back. i did some research online but i don't know what footswitch to buy, there doesn't seem to be an official one.

So does anyone know of a footswitch that will work and allow me to change the rhythm/lead and the effects or if anyone owns this amp with the right footswitch and could tell me what it's called.

A youtube video says a dual stereo footswitch can be used to switch rhythm/lead and the effects, will any generic one do?

Thanks

Yes, many generic dual footswitches with a "stereo" (TRS type jack) connection should do. Such as the Boss FS6 - just remember to switch it to the "latch" mode. Or if you find something else, look for a "latch" type of footswitch (as the opposite to "momentary").
B.C. Rich, Cort, Engl, Engl, Engl, Epiphone, Epiphone, Fender, Fender, Gallien-Krueger, Gallien-Krueger, Ibanez, Ibanez, Ibanez, KRK, KRK, KRK, Laney, Line6, Michael Kelly, Schecter, VHT, Yamaha....
Last edited by Airfish at Apr 10, 2016,
That's the same as a standard two button Marshall. They use a stereo TRS plug too.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification