Page 1 of 2
Hey everybody!

If you're a regular browser of the forum you probably know that we don't allow people to create threads simply promote their own videos. The reasoning behind this is pretty simply, there's an absolute shedload of guitar instructors out there, all pumping out content on a regular basis. That means the competition for views is insane, so logically you want to get your videos out there in as many places as possible.

That means if we allowed people to post threads for videos in GT, pretty soon it would be full of nothing BUT video threads, and the regular forum posts would get lost in the noise.

Now it's not the most popular of policies, particularly with people who have YouTube channels - however the forum isn't here to serve as an advertising/publicity channel. And whilst we know there's a lot of good content out there, there's also a lot of low-rent stuff being spammed around. However the mods don't have the time to dedicate to screening content.

So, by way of a compromise we've started this sticky thread - whether you're a new user or an old one, if you have an instructional video that you wish to share with the community please share it in this thread.

Just a few rules

Hoepfully this'll work and everybody will get something useful out of it - if you spot any spammy behaviour, or indeed if somebody's videos are just plain shit please feel free to report it and one of the mods will check it out.

Mark
    Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
    People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
    i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
    Hey everyone,

I just started a new youtube channel which is comprised of short guitar tutorial videos. This video is about using phrasing to spice up your solos, check it out and don't forget to subscribe! <-----mod edit WHAT DID I SAY ABOUT BEGGING FOR SUBSCRIBERS????

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7DlBX7FfzQ
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90QGDYuoNJc

Hi, everyone! This is a link to my Video Lesson about the G Major scale on Guitar. This is my first video lesson regarding scales, I think I will do some more in the future to cover the different modes.

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask! I hope this video is helpful.

Likewise if you have any advice to pass on about how YOU have learnt your scales then share that here, too.
    Hi, please post instructional videos in the sticky thread in future
    Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qjgx2-4-nwE

The idea is not to just learn strumming patterns, but learn to divide the beat into smaller unit and practice them in isolation. This way, when you start building up your strumming patterns, with a strong solid foundation, you have a lot more flexibility. Now you can pick up patterns very quickly, or change the patterns through out the song to add variety or to respond to other players in the band.

P.S. Questions are welcomed
    Last edited by donfully at May 2, 2016,
    Please post instructional videos in the sticky thread in future, thanks.
    Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

Intermediate level for improvising in all genres, but can be seen as an introductory lesson to improvising jazz. This lesson deals concepts, some practical examples, as well as effective practicing approach. I've always wanted to do this lesson series since I don't see a lot of introduction to jazz improvisation (applicable to rock as well) that is friendly and relatable to blues players who are used more to pentatonic licks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQDm9BFJPLE
    Hey everyone!

I'm a long time user of Ultimate Guitar but i've never used the forum before. Seems like a really great community!

I regularly upload guitar lessons and Lick of the Week videos to my YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCk08DViXKWnjYrHa0Hn8gfg

If your into either Blues, Fusion, Jazz or Rock i'm sure there will be something of interest. There are free PDF's for all lessons and links to backing tracks used.

Hope to see some of you over there!

Chris
    Nice lessons.I subbed.Those licks of the week are right up my street.
    Hello guys!

I'm Miguel Kriston, a guitarist/guitar teacher from Brazil.

I have recorded a video lesson and I have subtitled in english.

If i have a nice feedback from here, I will do this a time at a week. If I have a lot of feedback, I will record videos on english audio.

Please, like, share and comment my video. It helps a lot!

Thanks!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHMV-92dz9o
    Please post videos in the stickied thread, and don't beg for subscribers. If the content is good people will subscribe of their own accord.
    Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

Maplebaby that guitar sounds fantastic! What kind is it?

Oh yeah, nice playing
    This really should be in the stickied video thread at the top of the forum.

*reported*
    R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
    “A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
    Legion.
    Yes please post tutorial videos in the sticky thread in future.

Thanks
    Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

Hey guys. I am an experienced player and teacher and have recently started online teaching. My biggest specialities are fretboard technique, blues and improvisation.

I feel my best strength is a teacher is precise attention to detail. Though my lessons can be long, they are detailed and informative.

Here is my bending masterclass:

And here is a fun and simple finger independence which all my students get hooked on:
    A beginners approach to Jazz soloing

Hi everybody.
    I would just like to share something that has helped me a ton and I thought it was time to share it. I just finished a new website explaining a different way to think about soloing over standards. I explain 5 standards all for free.

I think it is an easier way for beginners to get their feet wet without crippling levels of theory. I hope it is something that can help you or your students. The site is new, so I would love some feedback.

Thanks in advance.

Jazz Hack | Learn to solo in weeks not years

Intro

Crash course explanation for the more advanced.

I learn to divide the beat into smaller unit and practice them in isolation. This way, when you start building up your strumming patterns, with a strong solid foundation, you have a lot more flexibility.
    New Year means new free weekly guitar series at Jake Quincey Guitar! Guitar Vlog is my new weekly guitar video blog where I share my thoughts, philosophies and expertise on the world of guitar.

My debut Guitar Vlog topic is '5 Ways To Improve Your Playing In 2017'.

5 great easy to apply tips that will help you to significantly improve your guitar playing this year!

Check it out, give me your feedback and please do subscribe to my channel.

http://www.jakequinceyguitar.com/
    Page 1 of 2