Hey guys,

I know I'm a little late on this but I wanted to post my tribute to Merle Haggard here. He was one of my favorite country artists and it's kind of hard to believe he's gone now. This was always one of my favorite tracks by him so hopefully I did it justice. If anyone wants to do a C4C I'd be happy to check out one of your tracks. I've posted the link to the track below!

R.I.P Merle

soundcloud.com/smittyscovers
Didn't expect a multi-track, the sound quality is good

You have an "old" voice xD If you're the guy on the picture you look like... I don't know, 25? Without seeing your picture I would have said you're 40 ^^'
Otherwise it sounds really good ^^

I also like old tunes, check out my cover of Neil Young, "Flying On The Ground is Wrong", firstly released in 1966 for the album "Buffalo Springfield" ^^
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QpBmzmxteY
Thanks for listening man! I was starting to think there weren't any Merle fans left on here anymore. I never thought of my voice as an 'old voice" but hell so long as it sounds good it doesn't bug me any!

Nice choice for a cover song! Since I'm Canadian it pretty well goes without saying that I'm a big fan of Neil and his work with Buffalo Springfield. I liked how you handled that cover. Definitely wasn't expecting to hear a multi-track there either, so well done on that one! The audio quality is quite nice, and your voice suits the song pretty well. You also managed to keep the song feeling relaxed which is important on a tune like this. For some reason the track actually reminds me of something the Kinks would've done. And I mean that in a good way. The only tip I could give you is to maybe tone down some of the tracks on your multi-track. There were a few points in the tune that you had vocals, background vocals, rhythm guitar, and lead guitar all set at similar volumes and the mix kind of got lost there. Outside of that though you did a solid job man. Keep up the good work and thanks again for listening!
Great job man, you've captured the vibe perfectly, the production value is very good and your vocals suit, you've got the southern drawl nailed. I really enjoyed it, can't really fault it too much, the vocals are a bit weaker in parts but overall it's a solid performance and a great tribute

You can check out my recent cover here: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1700546