Page 1 of 2
First they are pop punkers. What more needs to be said. They play Blink 182, green day stuff like that they wear pop punk clothes and act all cool. They never talk to me (maybe cause am a little shy?) and when I tell them a song I'd like to play they don't learn it probably. The drummer has no sense of dynamics and he says he's playing since he was 8, yet I've been learning drums for 8 months and he's only a bit better than me.
The rhythm guitarist is two faced and a full show off, like when am playing a solo he acts like he plays it! The singer if meh and the bassist is ok.
They want me to write some songs but am afraid they will ruin them like before, they only listen to pop punk so everything sounds the same. They are just gain on 10 and play some power chords.

Just felt like I need to get this off my chest. I would leave them but it's hard finding someone else where I live.
🍗🎹🎶🎼🎧🎤🎮👾🎸🎨🎷⚽️🎱🏁🎺🎻🍮🍰🍪📱👻🐔🐣🐥🐤🐽🐷💀👽💩💸🚽👻
Quote by Guitar137335
First they are pop punkers. What more needs to be said. They play Blink 182, green day stuff like that they wear pop punk clothes and act all cool. They never talk to me (maybe cause am a little shy?) and when I tell them a song I'd like to play they don't learn it probably. The drummer has no sense of dynamics and he says he's playing since he was 8, yet I've been learning drums for 8 months and he's only a bit better than me.
The rhythm guitarist is two faced and a full show off, like when am playing a solo he acts like he plays it! The singer if meh and the bassist is ok.
They want me to write some songs but am afraid they will ruin them like before, they only listen to pop punk so everything sounds the same. They are just gain on 10 and play some power chords.

Just felt like I need to get this off my chest. I would leave them but it's hard finding someone else where I live.

Just hang in there until you find something better. Maybe beat the crap out of the rhythm player to show him who is boss.
Quote by TobusRex
Just hang in there until you find something better. Maybe beat the crap out of the rhythm player to show him who is boss.

Seriously he doesn't know what a E chord is, can't tell when he's out of tune, jumps up and down playing guitar behide he's back like a jackass. god I hate him.
Only thing he's good at is singing backing.
Last edited by Guitar137335 at Apr 10, 2016,
maybe don't bitch about them on forums for no good reason

if you don't like the music then either write something interesting (and yes there's plenty of scope for that within the pop punk framework) or leave

if you don't like them personally, leave

if your rhythm guitarist shows off while you're playing a solo, show off more since you're playing the solo and that's literally your job

stand in front of him if you have to

nobody's forcing you to be in a band you don't want to be in
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
Quote by K33nbl4d3
maybe don't bitch about them on forums for no good reason

if you don't like the music then either write something interesting (and yes there's plenty of scope for that within the pop punk framework) or leave

if you don't like them personally, leave

if your rhythm guitarist shows off while you're playing a solo, show off more since you're playing the solo and that's literally your job

stand in front of him if you have to

nobody's forcing you to be in a band you don't want to be in

I would leave right now if I could, but then am in no band and theirs hardly any other musicians where I live. So right now am still with them (just about)for the experience of gigging etc
Quote by Guitar137335
Seriously he doesn't know what a E chord is, can't tell when he's out of tune, jumps up and down playing guitar behide he's back like a jackass. god I hate him.
Only thing he's good at is singing backing.

Stay outta E!!
Quote by TobusRex
Stay outta E!!

He doesn't know any chords by their name. Like if I told him play D he just stare at me like am talking French!
Quote by Guitar137335
First they are pop punkers. What more needs to be said.

Pop punk bands are great... elitist!

They never talk to me (maybe cause am a little shy?)

Maybe cuz you're always talking shit about them

and when I tell them a song I'd like to play they don't learn it probably.

Yeah, that's probably what would happen, if you ever got the balls to share a song with them and be passionately like "WE'RE LEARNING THIS", probably

The drummer has no sense of dynamics and he says he's playing since he was 8, yet I've been learning drums for 8 months and he's only a bit better than me.

Dynamics are for chumps, it's all about the energy

The rhythm guitarist is two faced and a full show off, like when am playing a solo he acts like he plays it!

Maybe he's trying to help hype it up since you're lame and not emphasizing enough for the stage prez?

The singer if meh and the bassist is ok.

You don't need to be a good singer/bassist for pop punk.

Just don't give them your 'greatest' works, and contribute with some progressions. Jesus what the hell is with lead guitarists

yeah right dork
Quote by Fat Lard
Pop punk bands are great... elitist!

Maybe cuz you're always talking shit about them

Yeah, that's probably what would happen, if you ever got the balls to share a song with them and be passionately like "WE'RE LEARNING THIS", probably

Dynamics are for chumps, it's all about the energy

Maybe he's trying to help hype it up since you're lame and not emphasizing enough for the stage prez?

You don't need to be a good singer/bassist for pop punk.

Just don't give them your 'greatest' works, and contribute with some progressions. Jesus what the hell is with lead guitarists

yeah right dork

They also never pay for rehearsals and the rhythm guitar takes he's guitar to the gig
, puts it away when he's done and never helps move all the monitors amps etc

And what ever music you play I think dynamics are important and the drummer plays a fill every two bars.
And am not the kind of lead guitarist who wants a shred solo on every song.
Last edited by Guitar137335 at Apr 10, 2016,
Quote by Guitar137335
They also never pay for rehearsals and the rhythm guitar takes he's guitar to the gig

That's just good budgeting.

Rehearsals are like stretching before going in for the kill. Do you ever see a lion stretch before it takes down a gazelle?

And what ever music you play I think dynamics are important and the drummer plays a fill every two bars.

Obviously dynamics are important, but not until the sophomore release. Need to be primal during your first demos and EP, then mellow out and get more progressive to piss off your fan base.

And I saw that! Yes, I like pop punk:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvclhKMgzSI
Quote by Guitar137335

They sound like little bitches, do you want to be in a band full of little bitches? Man up and leave.
Quote by Fat Lard
That's just good budgeting.

Rehearsals are like stretching before going in for the kill. Do you ever see a lion stretch before it takes down a gazelle?

Obviously dynamics are important, but not until the sophomore release. Need to be primal during your first demos and EP, then mellow out and get more progressive to piss off your fan base.

And I saw that! Yes, I like pop punk:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvclhKMgzSI

But did you ever see a lion invent a GOD DAMN TWINKIE?
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
instead of being pop punk or soft punk, try being heavy and metal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLXEj4UowF8
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

Just quit if you can't stand them. No ones forcing you to be in a mediocre band that clearly isn't going anywhere.
I write music alone.

When I was in a band, I wrote all the lyrics and music also.

Nothing changed.

Isn't fucking green day and blink 182 old peoples music by now?
Last edited by stratkat at Apr 10, 2016,
My roommate in college was like this sort of preppy kid, he grew up fairly upper class and strict, he wasn't exposed to much regular ppl shit so he was in college ready to rebel and cut loose.

He was really into Blink 182 because that was his idea of being badass and hardcore. My whole freshman year was him getting way too into Blink 182 and him as a beginning guitar player learning all their shitty songs
OH and the worst part he met other kids into Blink 182 and they would always refer to it as "some Blink"

As in "I'm just listening to some Blink" or "Let's play some Blink"
and "I got tickets to some Blink"
Last edited by EyeNon15 at Apr 10, 2016,
imagine caring that much about hating blink 182
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Quote by StewieSwan

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
Quote by K33nbl4d3
imagine caring that much about hating blink 182

I'm guessing his roomie got more sex than he did.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Yeh it took a ton of effort to type an anecdote from 20 years ago. Or maybe some people should reevaluate what they consider "effort" and "caring too much"
Quote by stratkat at #33920721
Isn't fucking green day and blink 182 old peoples music by now?

Dad pop-punk?
Quote by EyeNon15
Yeh it took a ton of effort to type an anecdote from 20 years ago. Or maybe some people should reevaluate what they consider "effort" and "caring too much"

i didn't say anything about effort you were just getting pretty worked up over it is all
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Quote by StewieSwan

Quote by Bladez22
What are you some kind of lazy Sloth that considers remembering a funny story from your youth getting worked up?
It was hilarious, people made fun of them for thinking Blink 182 was some counterculture shit.
Im still friends with him and he cringes at how awful he was.
What the fuk are you talking about getting worked up.
I'm supposed to be the old guy here but you are calling that getting worked up?
yeah
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Quote by StewieSwan

Quote by Bladez22
Quote by MeTallIcA313
Dad pop-punk?
I remember when we used to go down the dairy queen on Saturday and get a cone while playing the green day
Blink are great when you're beginning to learn guitar and they're good pop songs. Just the word 'punk' can't really be used about them.

Look at why you're in the band - if it's for the learning experience, then learn, don't bitch about the people your'e doing it with. If there's hardly any other musicians in your area, find them, start a side project.

Also, play The MisFits, great suggestion. If you really want to freak them out, play Last Caress. And if you want upset them, play it like Metallica.
|
'....even the President of the United States sometimes must have to stand naked...."

Do me a favour, pop into Songwriting & Lyrics and add a comment to one thread, any thread, but contribute.

----

www.soundcloud.com/christobaldo
Quote by Herr Rararr
Blink are great when you're beginning to learn guitar and they're good pop songs. Just the word 'punk' can't really be used about them.

Look at why you're in the band - if it's for the learning experience, then learn, don't bitch about the people your'e doing it with. If there's hardly any other musicians in your area, find them, start a side project.

Also, play The MisFits, great suggestion. If you really want to freak them out, play Last Caress. And if you want upset them, play it like Metallica.

The best thing about Blink is playing All The Small Things live and dedicating it to the bass player's junk.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Quote by Herr Rararr

I asked them if we could play master of puppets still waiting
Quote by Guitar137335
I asked them if we could play master of puppets still waiting

Nice
|
'....even the President of the United States sometimes must have to stand naked...."

Do me a favour, pop into Songwriting & Lyrics and add a comment to one thread, any thread, but contribute.

----

www.soundcloud.com/christobaldo
Quote by slapsymcdougal
Set them on fire at your next gig.

Why are Celts so damned violent? You guys make Germans seem like sweethearts
Quote by mattedbird
I remember when we used to go down the dairy queen on Saturday and get a cone while playing the green day

What the hell is wrong with Green Day? I think they are great, I don't get all the hate directed at them. Since you apparently like (or liked) them...what gives?
Quote by TobusRex
Why are Celts so damned violent? You guys make Germans seem like sweethearts

Yea, but we're cartoons, so it's mischievous violence, not malevolent.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Quote by TobusRex
What the hell is wrong with Green Day? I think they are great, I don't get all the hate directed at them. Since you apparently like (or liked) them...what gives?

Dookie was great when it came out, but after that they didn't do much for me. I didn't say I didn't like 'em. Metallica313 called it dad pop-rock. It just brought back memories.
Page 1 of 2