Page 1 of 3
Talk about millennials.

I think if you are old enough to remember 9/11, then you are a millennial, but if you are not old enough to rememeber 9/11, then you are a part of the post-millennial generation.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Millennials

In 2006, Australian McCrindle Research Center, used 1982 to 2000 as birth dates in a document titled "Report on the Attitudes and Views of Generations X and Y on Superannuation".[21][22] Separately, McCrindle has also defined Generation Y as those born between 1980 to 1994.[23]

In 2013, a global generational study conducted by PricewaterhouseCoopers with the University of Southern California and the London Business School defined Millennials as those born between 1980 and 1995.[24]

In May 2013, a Time magazine cover story identified Millennials as those born from 1980 or 1981 to 2000.[25]

In 2014, the Pew Research Center, an American think tank organization, defined "adult Millennials" as those who were 18 to 33 years old, born 1981–1996.[26] And according to them, the youngest Millennials are still "in their teens" with "no chronological end point set for them yet".[26]

Also, in 2014, a comparative study from Dale Carnegie Training and MSW Research was released which studies Millennials compared to other generations in the workplace. This study described "Millennial" birth years between 1980–1996.[27] Gallup Inc. which is a large company that does polling, also tends to use 1980-1996 as birth years.[28][29][30]

Various other sources put the births of Millennials between 1983 and 2000, particularly in the United States and Canada.[31][32][33]

---

According to a 2013 article in The Economist, surveys of political attitudes among Millennials in the United Kingdom suggest increasingly liberal attitudes with regard to social and cultural issues, as well as higher overall support for classical liberal economic policies than preceding generations. They are more likely to support same-sex marriage and the legalization of drugs.[48]

The Economist parallels this with Millennials in the United States, whose attitudes are more supportive of social liberal policies and same-sex marriage relative to other demographics, though less supportive of abortion than Gen X were in the early 1990s.[48] They are also more likely to oppose animal testing for medical purposes.[49]

A 2014 poll for the libertarian Reason magazine suggested that US Millennials more often were social liberals and fiscal centrists than their peers. The magazine predicted that millennials would become more conservative on fiscal issues once they started paying taxes.[50]
> 2.5 billion worldwide

please don't associate my generation with your generation

^also that

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
If I say I don't remember 9/11 can I not be associated with millennials?
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
#feelthebern on my snapchat it's lit fam 😂 😂 💯
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Last edited by ErikLensherr at Apr 10, 2016,
I'm a millenial? Fuck that.

/wrists
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Quote by Dreadnought
Can't relate to this at all tbh

that's bc you're old

- chrismendiola (2015)
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Why are people so obsessed all of a sudden with finding a generational label for current young people

Were people this feverish about deciding on which young people they were going to call "generation X" and where the cutoff date for it was and all that shit
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 3-3
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 52-39
Most of the millennials I know are under achieving shitheads. Kids that expect to get everything without putting any work in.

Not all of them are that way. My guitar teacher is a great kid (27) who knows exactly what he wants and works for it.
Last edited by TobusRex at Apr 10, 2016,
We are a terrible generation

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Quote by TobusRex
Most of the millennials I know are under achieving shitheads. Kids that expect to get everything without putting any work in.

Not all of them are that way. My guitar teacher is a great kid (27) who knows exactly what he wants and works for it.

They're lazy, they expect everything for free and some, Tobus assumes, are good people.
Quote by MasterStohner
I was born in early '97. I don't remember 9/11 really, but I seem to remember extremely little from before I was about 9. I was only 4 then, so.
I did grow up with a SNES and an original Game Boy though, and used Win2000 for years. Make of that what you will.

being a 90s kid is the same as being a poor 00's kid
Quote by TheChaz
They're lazy, they expect everything for free and some, Tobus assumes, are good people.

Quote by TobusRex

This generation is worse though

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Quote by necrosis1193
Why are people so obsessed all of a sudden with finding a generational label for current young people

Were people this feverish about deciding on which young people they were going to call "generation X" and where the cutoff date for it was and all that shit

it's yet another abstract/vague concept to blame instead of finding legitimate solutions
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by necrosis1193 at #33920395

Iunno, marketing. Youth-obsessed culture goes back like 50 years when young people started buying a bunch of stuff.

Before that no one gaf what we were gonna call the current crop of teenagers or 20 somethings.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Quote by TobusRex

so said other old people about slightly less old people since time immemorial

of course there are some meaningful things you can say about 'this generation' but 'lazy' or 'entitled' or whatever are just verbal arthritis
"grew up alongside technology"

you do realize that every "generation" could say this right
ggg1 ggg3

I don't remember 9/11 because I was seven years old and lived in Southeast Asia, so am I not a millenial?
Free Ali
Free Lard
Quote by Eastwinn

of course there are some meaningful things you can say about 'this generation' but 'lazy' or 'entitled' or whatever are just verbal arthritis

From my experience of my generation some people work very hard, others less hard, and others a happy medium

It's just that the cultural and political landscape has changed

So old farts like Tobus see it as the majority being lazy and entitled because a lot of young people have different end goals and routes to those aspirations that others don't understand

Quote by Eastwinn

Real talk.
Free Ali
Free Lard
Quote by chrismendiola
I don't remember 9/11 because I was seven years old and lived in Southeast Asia, so am I not a millenial?

i was 7 as well, cant remember shit

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
Quote by EndTheRapture51
From my experience of my generation some people work very hard, others less hard, and others a happy medium

I'd say mines a medium har- wait ... yeah medium hard.
Quote by Mr E Meat
this is your brain

this is your brain on RT

Quote by Standard_A440
Given that you reside in the shade of the natural light of reason, I will defer doing your homework to you.
Quote by JamSessionFreak
i was 7 as well, cant remember shit

just Brad with his American centric world view

Correction: I was six. I got the year of 9/11 wrong
Shows how detached I am from it lol.
Free Ali
Free Lard
People take this generation whatever shit too seriously.

I was 6 or 7 when 911 happened and I still remember it pretty well despite my shitty memory.
Last edited by MeTallIcA313 at Apr 10, 2016,
Quote by chrismendiola
Correction: I was six. I got the year of 9/11 wrong
Shows how detached I am from it lol.

wait i thought you were older than me

edit: oh wait i was 6 as well

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
Quote by behind_you
"grew up alongside technology"

you do realize that every "generation" could say this right

im doing a paper right now about how language and culture could be viewed as tools/technology so we've basically always been cyborg things.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
As in if you had known about it you were old enough where you would remember it. 9/11 was just an example. Most people over the age of 5-7 probably would have some memory of it so you count.

Cuz 9/11 gave the earth a new enemy that has defined our existence since, and people born after it don't get how things changed.
does anyone else think millennials are too sensitive? fascist political correctness thought police 1984 orwell was right muslim cuck hitler was a leftist gone mad jenner is a man
Quote by JamSessionFreak
wait i thought you were older than me

edit: oh wait i was 6 as well

I'll be 21 on 9 Sept.
Free Ali
Free Lard
Quote by Eastwinn
does anyone else think millennials are too sensitive? fascist political correctness thought police 1984 orwell was right muslim cuck hitler was a leftist gone mad jenner is a man

agre

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
Quote by chrismendiola
I'll be 21 on 9 Sept.

well shit, i'll be 22 on Nov 15

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,