Page 1 of 3
Hi, I'm new here. Used to be on different forum on off, GTU on/off for 14 years, but it's only about 3 people now.

My main guitar is a Jaguar with split coils, I love writing songs, I'm a better rhythm guitarist than lead and while I'm not a fan of metal I'm currently playing in a metal cover band.

I'm from England, I live in Chicago. I'm 31.

That should be enough info. So, what's going on?
|
'....even the President of the United States sometimes must have to stand naked...."

Do me a favour, pop into Songwriting & Lyrics and add a comment to one thread, any thread, but contribute.

----

www.soundcloud.com/christobaldo
These subforums are where you'll find the guitar-related stuff, if you're into that.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
I get that - but at the same time guitar is the reason everybody joined, right?
|
'....even the President of the United States sometimes must have to stand naked...."

Do me a favour, pop into Songwriting & Lyrics and add a comment to one thread, any thread, but contribute.

----

I was abducted by an agency that's totally not the KGB and forced to join, and now I have to maintain a certain posting rate or the explosive charge they packed into my butt explodes.
what you need is a new amp
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

Quote by slapsymcdougal
Damn right

assuming TS is a fedora and vape
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

Quote by Herr Rararr
I get that - but at the same time guitar is the reason everybody joined, right?

yeah but it's not necessarily the reason people are still here

Quote by k.lainad

ha ha good one
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
hi we're all crazy
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
Quote by slapsymcdougal
I was abducted by an agency that's totally not the KGB and forced to join, and now I have to maintain a certain posting rate or the explosive charge they packed into my butt explodes.

You mean the creampie? sissy boy.
Quote by roger
You mean the creampie? sissy boy.

There was only one hand on my shoulder when the charge was inserted, so i know fine well it wasn't another creampie.
Quote by k.lainad

Ain't that the double truth, Ruth.

GTU is from an old site, guitartabs.cc, which then became guitarzone, but they lost all of the tabs due to copyright. Who knew the Russians would save the day?
|

----

guitartabs.cc was the bomb back in the day. Way better than Olga, mxtabs, Harmony Central and UG.
Quote by slapsymcdougal
There was only one hand on my shoulder when the charge was inserted, so i know fine well it wasn't another creampie.

Oh man.
Quote by Rebel Scum
guitartabs.cc was the bomb back in the day. Way better than Olga, mxtabs, Harmony Central and UG.

It's actually sad - the Discussion forum there used to be like this one - loads of members, loads of posts (plenty of arguments) and then when the tabs went, the numbers stopped, to the point where two pages of threads covers the past year. It's where I learned guitar and how to internet. That is, get really, really angry irrationally and then resort to using Hitler to win arguments.

Anyway, I'm here now, lucky you....
|

----

Quote by Herr Rararr

It is the truth

Ruth
Quote by Nelsean
Lil B, the young based god, has the ability to create music so profound, that others around him cannot even comprehend his magnificent verbal progressive nature.

Quote by The_Blode
^ oh hey y'all females...welcome !
Quote by jimihendrix6699
It is the truth

Ruth

Strewth

Also welcome to the pit, may you not be dragged into the cesspool of hate and stick to the semi-nice thoughts
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
Quote by Pastafarian96
Strewth

Sleuth

Ruth
Quote by Nelsean
Lil B, the young based god, has the ability to create music so profound, that others around him cannot even comprehend his magnificent verbal progressive nature.

Quote by The_Blode
^ oh hey y'all females...welcome !
You need to see 'Do The Right Thing'

Now think 'That's the double truth, Ruth' in Samuel L Jackson's voice. Amazing movie.
|

----

Quote by Herr Rararr
It's actually sad - the Discussion forum there used to be like this one - loads of members, loads of posts (plenty of arguments) and then when the tabs went, the numbers stopped, to the point where two pages of threads covers the past year. It's where I learned guitar and how to internet. That is, get really, really angry irrationally and then resort to using Hitler to win arguments.

Wow.... so this is how The Pit will end.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
I remember the Great Immigration of 200X when mxtabs kicked the bucket and their users came here
My God, it's full of stars!
Quote by Xiaoxi
Wow.... so this is how The Pit will end.

with a whimper ~~~
My God, it's full of stars!
Quote by Herr Rararr

Anyway, I'm here now, lucky you....

I was just talking about tabs, not the forums. ICQ was still a thing back then lol.
You're making me feel old...
|

----

Quote by slapsymcdougal

So like Speed, but without all the speed and stuff?

Would you say you're more like Sandra Bullock or more like Keanu Reeves?
Quote by ultimate-slash
So like Speed, but without all the speed and stuff?

Would you say you're more like Sandra Bullock or more like Keanu Reeves?

Well, I can't act, so Keanu Reeves.
herr rarrar you cheat POS hahaha

yeah fuck you UG (JUST KIDDING).

The whole story goes something like GTU had the best tabs, the MPAA tried to shut us down, because we were based in US that worked like a charm, then we sold all our tabs to you guys!!

GTU was member based reviews of uploads, so a lot of spent a lot of time making sure tabs were correct and building our database. it was really shit when it went downhill.

We once had a spam war with UG.

Should GTU refugees come here?
the pit welcomes all
it's all coming back

yes if you could make a thread containing the details and a formal apology, screenshots if possible, that would be very appreciated
it's all coming back

Quote by Baby Joel
yes if you could make a thread containing the details and a formal apology, screenshots if possible, that would be very appreciated

did we have screenshots back in 2002? was that a thing?
Quote by sixgunsound
did we have screenshots back in 2002? was that a thing?

No, the printscreen button was only added to keyboards in 2012.....
Quote by Herr Rararr

GTU is from an old site, guitartabs.cc, which then became guitarzone, but they lost all of the tabs due to copyright. Who knew the Russians would save the day?

Wait, so what does the U in the acronym stand for?
Page 1 of 3