So I have a Vox AC15 and I was wondering if there were any AC15 owners/modders on here that might be able to tell me if I could connect any head to the speaker in my AC15.
I saw on the back of a friends Marshall combo that the speaker (which was connected via a 1/4 jack) could be disconnected from the amplifier, however, my AC15 doesn't have anything of the sort on the back.

I thought I would ask on here before opening the back of mine up to see if anyone knew if this was possible. The speaker is a Celestion greenback which is 25W, and I am planning to get a 15W head, so I know the power isn't an issue. Any help would be appreciated.
if the speaker is connected with spade connectors, you can get speaker cables with a jack on one end and spades on the other that would allow you to connect it to another head. that's going to be a pain, though, and pretty much unfeasible if you have to take the back off every time you want to do it.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
if the speaker is connected with spade connectors, you can get speaker cables with a jack on one end and spades on the other that would allow you to connect it to another head. that's going to be a pain, though, and pretty much unfeasible if you have to take the back off every time you want to do it.

Thanks, this might work if I leave the back off
You could always drill two holes in the back plate and mount and wire two jacks and connect it with a regular 1/4 cable like a head and cab. If you can solder it should be easy.
Make sure and check the ohms of both head and amp. I've seen many cooked amplifiers because of incompatible speakers making the amp work too hard.
Be careful here.

If you have a 16 ohm speaker, you're probably fine. But if you use this speaker in line with another, you will radically change (likely lower) the combined resistance. If the total speaker load is lower than the rating for the amp, you can cook the amp.

Most amps anticipate an 8 or 16 ohm load; some allow for a 4 ohm load. Never ask an amp to drive a speaker load presenting a lower resistance than its rating.
early Taylor 815C cannon
'59 Gibson LG2
Washburn J4 jazzbox, ebony tailpiece
Cort 335 black beauty clone
banjers, dulcimers, other noismakers, PA gear and back trouble
building The Revelator at the moment