Hey UG!

How are you fellas?

There is a TDLR at the bottom

Basically I graduated over two years ago. Since I graduated I have been working in Sales, i essentially went along with it as I was desperate job.

Anyway, around 3 weeks ago I practically submitted my CV to hunders of jobs that were advertising for HR/PR roles which I could find on reed/indeed/monster (all decent job websites).

To my surprise, 2 weeks ago I had an email saying: (Note, I have replaced certain things with xxxx)

'Dear xxxxxxxxxx (My name)

We want to thank you for having applied for the full time role of HR Assistant. Compensation for this role is xxxxx , and the role is based in the xxxxxx.

After reviewing your CV we hereby confirm a job interview appointment for you as follows:-

Day:
Friday
Date:
April, 2016
Time:
11 AM

Please confirm your attendance and walk with a paper copy of your CV to the interview.

Regards
xxxxxxxxx (Her name)
For and on behalf of
Union Global Management ltd.
xxxxxxxxx (Her number)
www.unionglobal.co.uk'

Now ofcourse, this sounded a bit dodgy. With all interviews that I have had I have always got an email or a phone call which initially looks into what I am doing or try to set up a date and time for us to speak. This rang my first alarm bell.

Anyway, I tried calling them up because I couldn't make the time, so long story short I did manage to get it re-arranged for last Monday.

When they did re-arrange for Monday they actually changed the address of the building. Which was my second alarm bell.

When I went to the interview place, it was not really in a conventional office, like it did not really have any signs or logo outside their office. And the interview lasted no more than 3 minutes. In which the woman just asked what do I do and if I have any business experiences. She also said that I would have to pay for a test if I do pass (£200) Which was my third alarm bell.

Anyway, last Friday I got this email:

'Dear xxxxxxxx (My name)

We are pleased to inform you that after a thorough review of your CV, our selection panel has agreed to make you a full time job offer as an Human Resource Assistant.

Be advised that someone from our HR department will contact you soon to review the terms of our offer prior to us sending it to you in writing.

We recommend at this point that you prepare (2) references for use so that we may complete our authentication process as we will be requiring them when we speak with you next.

We look forward to speaking with you soon.

Regards
xxxxxxxxxx (Her name)
Union Global Management Ltd.
xxxx-xxx-xxxx (Landline)
xxxx-xxx-xxxx (Mob Phone)
www.unionglobal.co.uk

She actually then called me later on asking me to come to the office where she can hand me the contract and was asking for 2 references.

I am not sure whether I should go and take this job as it does sound too good to be true. And most interviews which i have had I normally am invited back for a second round interview.

TDLR: I went into a job interview which lasted 3 mins and got the job. There is nothing online about the company.

Please let me know what you guys think?
HASHTAG YOLO
A company that asks you for money as an interviewee? Get right the fuck away from it, m8.
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
I didn't read the whole thing but I have learnt the hard way that if you think you're getting scammed, you probably are.
My old signature was too long. Have a daisy.

100% guarantee it is a scam. No reputable employer would demand hundreds of dollars from potential employees for "testing".
Quote by RAB11 at #33920929
I didn't read the whole thing but I have learnt the hard way that if you think you're getting scammed, you probably are.

^^

trust your gut
Eat your pheasant
Drink your wine
Your days are numbered, bourgeois swine!
Yea if it was an actual company they would definitely pay for whatever test you had to take. Although this lady is going through quite the trouble to get 200 bucks. But if you can't find any trade of them online then that's weird
Quote by TobusRex
100% guarantee it is a scam. No reputable employer would demand hundreds of dollars from potential employees for "testing".

Unless you are working in public education
Quote by bradulator
where do they do that? or am missing an inside joke?
If you have to ask the question then chances are, yes. This is a scam.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Quote by Rebel Scum
Report it to the police.

Yeah, that's the best move.
"The definition of a gentleman is someone who can play the bagpipes, and doesn't."
I was gonna compare this to another situation where if you have to ask, you've got your answer. But it'd offend certain UGers

But that sounds like a scam.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Yes that is a scam my friend,

I however am the Real Nigerian Prince and if you send me the dollars $200 you will get $1000000 (One Million Dollars cash) This is urgent tomorrow please

Dear,
Nigerian Prince
WHAT A
HORRIBLE
NIGHT TO
HAVE A
CURSE.
Allow me to impart some wisdom:

As a rule of thumb, any company with the word "union" in it is a scam.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by mattedbird
where do they do that? or am missing an inside joke?

Teachers typically have to take 2 or 3 certification tests. In Oklahoma, 3 of them are required, and each costs about $150. No refund if you fail.
By the way, you should probably do the world a favor and report this to the police. If it wasn't clear enough, yes this is 110% a scam.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by bradulator
Teachers typically have to take 2 or 3 certification tests. In Oklahoma, 3 of them are required, and each costs about $150. No refund if you fail.

From a certain perspective, that seems fair. Spending money on a failed candidate would be a waste of money, and would allow candidates to potentially waste as much of the state's money as they want, unless you have to be approved for the cert test or something.
Quote by TobusRex

This. Full Stop!

Quote by bradulator

Nope. There's a (huge) difference between requiring a certification/license prior to employment, and some nebulous "testing fee" after a cursory interview.
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Last edited by Arby911 at Apr 11, 2016,
I do quite a bit of interviewing and hiring for our department. Once I qualify someone I pass them back to our HR department for additional drug testing (required in our industry) and a few standardized test that the company requires. There are no charges to the applicant ever.

Sounds like a total scam.
Yes I am guitarded also, nice to meet you.
Quote by Rickholly74
I do quite a bit of interviewing and hiring for our department. Once I qualify someone I pass them back to our HR department for additional drug testing (required in our industry) and a few standardized test that the company requires. There are no charges to the applicant ever.

Sounds like a total scam.

Actually come to think of it when I did security I had to pay for my guard's license thing, and my uniform. But I would only have had to pay for the other testing if I had failed, so I agree that this is scammy.
did the interview room look like this?

You who build these altars now

To sacrifice these children
You must not do it anymore
Walk away or change your name to Ben Dover
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge