Poll: Do you have a guitar-related disability?
Poll Options
View poll results: Do you have a guitar-related disability?
Yes, hearing.
1 10%
Yes, vision.
0 0%
Yes, other.
1 10%
No.
4 40%
Arguable/I don't know.
4 40%
Voters: 10.
Do you have hearing damage or something else that gets in the way of your guitar playing ability? Post below and discuss.

I'll start: My hearing is moderately damaged by extensive unprotected exposure to gunshots, including an accidental discharge inside a vehicle with the windows up. It doesn't get in the way for the most part, but I do think I have a hard time hearing some notes without the amp and/or headphones being turned up beyond what I (as a non-doctor) think I should need.
Last edited by MasterStohner at Apr 10, 2016,
My hearing is probably messed up from sleeping with earphones on. I don't do it often though, and it doesn't affect my guitar playing at all.
Quote by DisarmGoliath
Facesitting is a violation of freedom of speech, because how can you speak when you have an ass covering your face?
My ears are too valuable to listen to music loud, and thankfully despite living in a country town with many shooters for friends, I haven't been around enough gunshots to make any major ear damage.

Never working with another really loud drummer though

Also my left hand little finger is slightly crooked so I can't play with it well
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
Last edited by Pastafarian96 at Apr 10, 2016,
Surprises me that a lot of rock stars aren't dead after years of playing in a band and hearing all those loud noises while rehearsing. recently heard about that AC/DC guy..
Quote by MasterStohner
Yeah... I always sort of wondered about that. Haven't noticed any wearing ear protection, though I can't say none do.

Eeyup.
have you noticed how hearing loss is one disability that people get pissed at you for having?

yeah my ears have given me problems since I was a kid.
I don't do much to help it by wearing earbuds 9 hours a day plus being around power tools.

it's funny you bring this up cause I've been noticing that my rig setup can sound different day to day without adjusting anything.
Last edited by mattedbird at Apr 10, 2016,