With the recent induction of rap music in the Rock n roll hof. That made me wonder...do musicians like Suicide, Silver Apples, Daft Punk, and Deadmou5 deserve to be there one day? And if people are debating if rap/hip hop is rock. Then what about Electronic music? Can it be classified as rock?
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who cares

yep
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
‘Cause there's nothing here for you my dear
And everything must pass
The rock and roll hof is stupid and always has been so having rap in it means nothing

Electronic music is only rock if it's mixed with rock. e.g. industrial rock is rock because it has rock in it.
I have nothing important to say
Does it matter?
Although, I guess that's technically your question.
No, it doesn't matter.
None of it matters.
There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Quote by PinoyMetalNerd
recent

it's been nearly 10 years since they first did that

Quote by PinoyMetalNerd
That made me wonder...do musicians like Suicide, Silver Apples, Daft Punk, and Deadmou5 deserve to be there one day?

if they do anything anywhere near as significant as run dmc, public enemy etc.

Quote by PinoyMetalNerd
And if people are debating if rap/hip hop is rock.

no, but it's often better

Quote by PinoyMetalNerd
Then what about Electronic music? Can it be classified as rock?

if it's rock, then yes, it can
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 
Full story here: http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-36010422

Singer Steve Miller was also inducted, but after he performed a medley of hits including The Joker with his band, he criticised the rock hall backstage, calling the ceremony a "lazy" night with "a bunch of fat cats".
"I don't know why I was nominated for this," the 72-year-old musician said in an interview. "I said this for 30 years - I don't get along with the people running it.

The singer even questioned the purpose of the rock hall adding: "You tell me what the hell is the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, and what does it do besides talk about itself and sell postcards?"
|
'....even the President of the United States sometimes must have to stand naked...."

Do me a favour, pop into Songwriting & Lyrics and add a comment to one thread, any thread, but contribute.

----

www.soundcloud.com/christobaldo
Rock n Roll hall of fame has as much credibility as the WWE hall of Fame when inducting Snoop Dogg this year.
Quote by PinoyMetalNerd
With the recent induction of rap music in the Rock n roll hof. That made me wonder...do musicians like Suicide, Silver Apples, Daft Punk, and Deadmou5 deserve to be there one day? And if people are debating if rap/hip hop is rock. Then what about Electronic music? Can it be classified as rock?

If rap can be considered "rock and roll" then anything can.

The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame is a laughing stock.
Quote by Pastafarian96
Rnrhof is dumb, like every other awards ceremony or Hall of fame

+1. I hate those things. The Heisman Trophy, the Oscars, Grammys, you name it. All self congratulatory crap.
Calling them rock is an insult to EDM and rap tbh. Those genres are still alive.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
That's why I quite like record classifications (e.g. gold, platinum) - they are quanitfiable, purely by sales. They don't pretend to determine the quality - they also are the truth behind these awards, who has made the most money.

Now gold, frankincense and myrrh records....that's a different story...
|
'....even the President of the United States sometimes must have to stand naked...."

Do me a favour, pop into Songwriting & Lyrics and add a comment to one thread, any thread, but contribute.

----

www.soundcloud.com/christobaldo