Just started getting really into my playing again after a years without running my hands over any frets and just trying to freshen up with new equipment, anything from capos to paint/varnish and cleaner to the silly gear we all love?

Any and all suggestions appreciated!
Sarcasm is beautiful, think about it.
It's been my experience that while Amazon does very good for accessories, you can generally beat their prices on more expensive gear at the online dedicated musical instrument retailers like Sweetwater, Guitar Center/Musicians Friend etc.
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Sure, Amazon is good for accessories and related stuff, still I first check Ebay anyway. For cheap stuff, Amazon has you buy a certain amount of something before you can add the little things, if you want free shipping, which takes quite a while to get to you. No such issue with Ebay sellers. For things that cost the same everywhere I go with Sweetwater or Zzounds and use their payment plans if applicable.
Quote by dthmtl3
Sure, Amazon is good for accessories and related stuff, still I first check Ebay anyway. For cheap stuff, Amazon has you buy a certain amount of something before you can add the little things, if you want free shipping, which takes quite a while to get to you. No such issue with Ebay sellers. For things that cost the same everywhere I go with Sweetwater or Zzounds and use their payment plans if applicable.

Amazon Prime.

"Free" 2 Day shipping on damn near everything. $99/annually and absolutely worth it!

Not to mention the movies, music etc. that also come with it.
Charles Darwin
Ebay can be fantastic for pedals. Some moderately smart bidding can get you pedals for well below the going price. I got an Ibanez GE9 in really nice condition for £25 last month in an auction (which a cursory search would tell you would normally cost you £50 or more), and just today I made a £130 winning bid on a delay that would have cost me £200 new. Generally, good but moderately obscure gear is easiest to save a significant amount on, if it's put up for auction, as there's not enough competition to push it up to the usual price.

Amazon has rarely been so impressive price-wise, but ultimately the best thing you can do is shop around. Reverb.com (especially in the US) may be a good option for some things, while dedicated music retailers, as Arby pointed out, can often be the cheapest option for certain things. The key thing is to search around. If you want a specific item, 10 minutes searching different sites may well save you a good 20% of the first price you saw.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
Last edited by K33nbl4d3 at Apr 11, 2016,
Quote by Arby911
Amazon Prime.

"Free" 2 Day shipping on damn near everything. $99/annually and absolutely worth it!

do they still offer half priced Prime for students? I thought you can also buy a permanent prime status for a discounted rate through that too
Splawn Street Rod
H&K Tubemeister 5
Line 6 G90 System

Gibson SG Standard
Godin Radiator
Dillion 653 GA/3CT
Seagull Coastline s6
New Music on Spotify
Quote by Katsock
do they still offer half priced Prime for students? I thought you can also buy a permanent prime status for a discounted rate through that too

Yes, and a 6 month free trial period. I don't know about a permanent prime status, I've never heard of it.
Charles Darwin
I like Guitar Center online, for one because the prices are usually competitive but the best part for me is that if I am unhappy with the purchase I don't have to fool with contacting the vendor for a return authorization and then pay for return shipping, I can simply take the product and receipt to my local GC and get a refund.
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

EBay is my go to for gear and stuff.

Got a me 70 for £100 last month and 3 packs of rotosound strings for £10.Just search regularly and set a budget and most times you will find a good deal
Always check Thomann's on-line first. Their service is excellent and prices take some beating.
Adding to the list:

Music Go Round can be a good place to find used gear- though I prefer to visit their stores in-person.

Elderly Instruments
Wild West Guitars
GuitarsandEffects.com

If you're a lefty or you know one:
http://leftyfretz.com/
http://www.southpawguitars.com/
http://www.adirondackguitar.com/lefty/LHMenu.htm
http://www.jerrysleftyguitars.com/
http://leftyguitarsonly.com/
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Last edited by dannyalcatraz at Apr 11, 2016,
Quote by Katsock
do they still offer half priced Prime for students?

It's a little slower. I think one student claimed it was half-fast.
Quote by Arby911
Amazon Prime.

It isn't quite "free" if you're paying for it some other way. I'm very much against paying monthly or annually for something that I may not even use. Plus I'm trying to wean off Amazon--there's a lot I don't like about that company--and give others my money.
Quote by dthmtl3
It isn't quite "free" if you're paying for it some other way. I'm very much against paying monthly or annually for something that I may not even use. Plus I'm trying to wean off Amazon--there's a lot I don't like about that company--and give others my money.

Hence the quotes...

Personal choice. I spend the $99, probably saves me $500-600 annually.
Charles Darwin
Quote by Arby911
Hence the quotes...

Personal choice. I spend the $99, probably saves me $500-600 annually.

+3.1415

You also get prime music and tv.

Seriously worth it. I have things coming every few days. lol. And the free shipping includes Sunday.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
No joke: sometimes you can find good stuff on Best Buy's site. They mostly stopped selling gear in their brick & mortar stores, but they still do have the occasional good deal on a guitar or amp on their website.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!