I have been playing for around 15 years and consider myself a good player and play around 100 plus shows a year. I do everything from originals to 90's, classic rock, country etc. My influences are everyone from John Mayer, Derek Trucks, Warren Haynes, Brad Paisley, Keith Urban etc..

I have always been a purist and have a great system. I have been thinking about getting a Fractal AX8 or multi effect possibly but I am very worried about tone being sucked, ease of use especially with live shows and is it possible to use both my board and one of these ? Also does it sound real or are they very processed ?

The band I play with keeps talking about them and I am needing something that can give me that huge sound you hear from everyone and will make me more versatile but still sound real and hopefully improve tone. I am not able to turn my amp up on stage really past 3.5 because of venues we play. I am not opposed to getting a multi effect but I don't want to spend a ton of money and not have it not do what I need it to also or have to tweak it the whole show.

Current rig
Guitars- Strats & Teles
Amp- Fender Deluxe Reverb
Pedal Board- wireless, compressor and boost, Overdrives, Tremelo, Reverb, Delay
Last edited by msmith886 at Apr 11, 2016,