I am still in the beginning phase of learning electric guitar, and I feel a little boost. I am learning some scales and easy songs, but I have recently been looking at the software called yousician?

Have anyone here tried it before? It is a little pricy, but it seems good for a beginner like me.
Don't they offer a free trial? Why don't you try it out and see if it's for you.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
They do, but I was wondering if there are other adequate ways of learning to play guitar. A private tutor is too expensive for me, but I think I might give yousician a try.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Don't they offer a free trial? Why don't you try it out and see if it's for you.
The trial seems quite limited, and doesn't seem to actually teach any songs.
I do agree though, try it.
Quote by Andyy5
They do, but I was wondering if there are other adequate ways of learning to play guitar. A private tutor is too expensive for me, but I think I might give yousician a try.
Currently I'm just learning chords, tabs, picking techniques, and music theory from various online articles, including several on Ultimate Guitar's resources.
Quote by MasterStohner at #33922059
The trial seems quite limited, and doesn't seem to actually teach any songs.
I do agree though, try it.

The point isn't to show off the full features, the point is so you can test out the basic features and see if the format is right for you. They don't need to offer everything in the demo.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
The point isn't to show off the full features, the point is so you can test out the basic features and see if the format is right for you. They don't need to offer everything in the demo.
I know that. I was just saying that if you want a resource to learn songs from and don't care about the other lessons, a demo that contains 0 song lessons will give you no indication there and is therefore a bad demo for your purposes.
Looks kinda like that Rocksmith game. I tried that at my friend's house, it was ok. Would have been nice to have when starting out, but not something essential. You can learn fine on your own as long as you are motivated.

1 hot tip, I remember when I was teaching myself I was doing pull offs wrong. I was just lifting my finger off, you have to "pull" off. As in, yank it to the side a little before you let go, in order for the note to wring out.
i suggest to get some books you can teach yourself with. start with single notes, move on to chords, then start learning genre-specific stuff you want to know. always have some technique workouts.
Quote by Weaponized
Looks kinda like that Rocksmith game. I tried that at my friend's house, it was ok. Would have been nice to have when starting out, but not something essential. You can learn fine on your own as long as you are motivated.

1 hot tip, I remember when I was teaching myself I was doing pull offs wrong. I was just lifting my finger off, you have to "pull" off. As in, yank it to the side a little before you let go, in order for the note to wring out.
I'll have to try that. I think I've been doing the same thing you did, because my pull-offs sound like ghost notes.
Like other people have said, read up some articles on here and other resources, stick to the very basics until you're sick to death of them. I'd also suggest learning fun songs to play, helps break up what can be a frustrating experiencing.
Yousician is an interesting learning tool and I do feel it's a valuable one. The main thing with Yousician is that it immediately gets you playing the song both correctly and in time, and gives you feedback if you're doing it with a good amount of accuracy or not. You can't really get that without having a guitar tutor/player listening to you directly and giving you feedback on that.

I've only used it because I was entering a Rob Scallon competition, so I didn't really use it more than a few times, but I could easily see how useful it would be for beginners. I can quite easily see how much faster progress would be using it, but I can't really comment on how exhaustive its song list is etc.

If anything I would say try Yousician for like 3 months learning songs you're interested in, then move onto like Guitar Pro/Tab Pro and see how you handle that transition. That way you're not paying for Yousician anymore and have shifted to something that has a larger user base and waaaayyyy more songs.
You Dont Know Me

I have 10 Anarchy Points - I also have 8 Mythology points!

Peavey Generation EXP Custom White
Yamaha 120S Black
Korg AX5G
Digitech Whammy
Zvex Fuzz Factory
Boss OS2

Quote by mrfinkle213
This man has brains.

Quote by CoreysMonster
Banned for indirect reference.
I have never heard of the software called "Yousician". Sounds helpful.
Quote by MasterStohner

Jokes aside, I noticed that Yousician lets you upload songs. Wouldn't that actually cover more than Tab Pro if it works the way I think it does?

Don't really get the image I didn't know you could upload songs, I'm assuming that means similar to guitar pro/tab pro that someone wrote the music out then made it work the Yousician software? For me that raises licensing issues immediately, hell UG is fighting an on going battle to even get plain tab up for some bands (remember the days when you couldn't even look at fucking Zeppelin tabs?) And don't forget Yousician is a subscription service, UG had a lot more ground to stand on in comparison since they weren't actively selling tabs/sheet music.

To be honest tab pro is free to use right here, and it's fine. I prefer guitar pro, but then that's what over 10 years of use does
You Dont Know Me

Yamaha 120S Black
Korg AX5G
Digitech Whammy
Zvex Fuzz Factory
Boss OS2

Quote by mrfinkle213
This man has brains.

Quote by CoreysMonster
Quote by MasterStohner
The image is a 'Shameless Plug'.

Ah fair enough. Tab Pro is fine to use though, sure it doesn't have the interactivity Guitar Pro does but it's better than plain tabs, especially for new people. Being able to see what frets make the sound goes a long way to helping people pick it up
You Dont Know Me

Yamaha 120S Black
Korg AX5G
Digitech Whammy
Zvex Fuzz Factory
Boss OS2

Quote by mrfinkle213
This man has brains.

Quote by CoreysMonster
Quote by Anthony1991
Ah fair enough. Tab Pro is fine to use though, sure it doesn't have the interactivity Guitar Pro does but it's better than plain tabs, especially for new people. Being able to see what frets make the sound goes a long way to helping people pick it up
Actually, I didn't even know it was free before this thread. I was just using the plain text tabs, which seemed fine. So, thanks for that, I'll check out Tab Pro.
Shameless plug has connected successfully.
Quote by MasterStohner
Actually, I didn't even know it was free before this thread. I was just using the plain text tabs, which seemed fine. So, thanks for that, I'll check out Tab Pro.
Shameless plug has connected successfully.

Haha I was the same until like maybe a month ago? I've used the site regularly for about a decade and at no point was I ever informed it was free to use, go figure UG. It's not bad by any means
You Dont Know Me

Yamaha 120S Black
Korg AX5G
Digitech Whammy
Zvex Fuzz Factory
Boss OS2

Quote by mrfinkle213
This man has brains.

Quote by CoreysMonster