If there's another one I couldn't find it

Any other enthusiasts here? Discussions, recommendations, reviews welcomed. If there is another thread someone point me that way
I gave up drinking 3 years ago (f-ing boo), but I adored whisky.

My everyday tipple was Johnnie Walker Red (a perfect blend, simple, easy, not spoiled by ice), whereas my weekend whisky was either Talisker or 18yo Glenmorangie. Special occasions I liked Laguvelan - peaty, violent, a beautiful drink.

Great, now I want a drink....
|
'....even the President of the United States sometimes must have to stand naked...."

Do me a favour, pop into Songwriting & Lyrics and add a comment to one thread, any thread, but contribute.

----

www.soundcloud.com/christobaldo
Quote by Herr Rararr
I gave up drinking 3 years ago (f-ing boo), but I adored whisky.

My everyday tipple was Johnnie Walker Red (a perfect blend, simple, easy, not spoiled by ice), whereas my weekend whisky was either Talisker or 18yo Glenmorangie. Special occasions I liked Laguvelan - peaty, violent, a beautiful drink.

Great, now I want a drink....

Talisker 10 year is a constant in my cabinet. I'm working my way through the Bruichladdich Rocks. It's supposedly meant to be iced, though i can't say I enjoy it more with the ice. Can't figure what is added to the drink by adding the ice. Room temp for me. It's nice though, a bit peppery I think, but smooth. Would recommend for something a bit different.
Quote by mastodon1919
Talisker 10 year is a constant in my cabinet. I'm working my way through the Bruichladdich Rocks. It's supposedly meant to be iced, though i can't say I enjoy it more with the ice. Can't figure what is added to the drink by adding the ice. Room temp for me. It's nice though, a bit peppery I think, but smooth. Would recommend for something a bit different.

That's an organic whisky - we used to sell it at River Cottage. It wasn't a favourite of mine, but more than drinkable.l

I'm a pleb - or used to be - I loved ice in my whisky, I prefer it cold and I actually like the flavour mellowing with the water. A colleague used to go nuts at me - he used re-usable ice cubes - the plastic blocks. Meh.
|
'....even the President of the United States sometimes must have to stand naked...."

Do me a favour, pop into Songwriting & Lyrics and add a comment to one thread, any thread, but contribute.

----

I'm definitely a pleb too. I do take ice sometimes, just meant that it didn't seem to add anything to this one as it seemed was intended. I wouldn't have this one again i don't think, but it's an interesting idea.
Quote by Herr Rararr
That's an organic whisky - we used to sell it at River Cottage. It wasn't a favourite of mine, but more than drinkable.l

I'm a pleb - or used to be - I loved ice in my whisky, I prefer it cold and I actually like the flavour mellowing with the water. A colleague used to go nuts at me - he used re-usable ice cubes - the plastic blocks. Meh.

Some are created to be enjoyed exactly as you were doing. Tell your friend he doesn't know as much as he thinks he does...
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
I used to drink crap whisky (see Jack Daniels) then I drank WAY too much on a night out and can no longer stomach the taste of any whisky.
I worked in catering for 13 years - owned my own restaurant / cocktail bar and the one thing I can guarantee you is *everyone* knows better....!

What whisky cocktails do you go for? I never got into Old Fashioned's but loved a Rob Roy. This is like living vicariously. Mmmm.
|

----

For cocktails I've only ever done Old Fashioned's and Manhattan's. Somehow have never had a Rob Roy.
Current favourite is Lagavulin. Nothing like the sweetest, smoothest whiskey you could ever taste. With a cigarette dipped in it.

I wanna try this though
they're coming to take me away
ha-haaa
Quote by Dreadnought
I've got some fantastic local whiskey open right now:

It was the first rye I've had, and I dig it. Usually I buy scotch, but I don't buy whiskey very often.

Also, here is the Whiskey thread:
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1247365

Ah shit sorry man. Didn't look hard enough. But yeah ryes are nice, Id love if I had a local one to try.
I have recently being trying whiskey as I was fed up feeling bloated knocking back beers.

A few I've tried

Stewart's cream of the barley

Monkey Shoulder

Ardmore single malt

Out of three of them the monkey shoulder was my favourite close ran by the Stewart's.Neither were too expensive either.

Any recommendations what to try next?
Quote by Herr Rararr

The correct way to drink whisky is however you enjoy it.

However, anyone who takes a good single malt they've never tried before and drowns it with Coke is a see you next Thursday.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Try the different varieties to get familiar with them. Canadian whiskey, bourbon, rye, single malt scotch, Irish whiskey, etc
My God, it's full of stars!
This is one of my favorite Canadians. Pike Creek - double barrel 10 year

I find it unbelievably smooth. Some vanilla, some fruitiness. I've read some reviews comparing the finish to a port and I agree with that. If any of you guys like port I would highly recommend. Not expensive either, probably $30 or a little more.
Quote by mastodon1919
If there's another one I couldn't find it

Any other enthusiasts here? Discussions, recommendations, reviews welcomed. If there is another thread someone point me that way

yeah there is a thread: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1247365&highlight=whiskey

current bottles anyway:
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
One of my friends turned me onto this during spring break:

+

(that's^ lemonade)

So good... You. Don't. Even. Know
Really into Laphroaig Select at the moment. I think it's the perfect whisky for my taste. I've had far more expensive/exclusive whiskies but I think it is my current favourite.

Anyone tried Johnnie Walker Double Black? I never see it in shops but I got a bottle at the airport last year. Very nice.

If anyone is looking for a nice but cheap blended whisky I'd recommend you give Grant's Signature a try.
RPD - Finger Pickin' Good