I've got Boss me80 mfx (a cut down version of the gt 100).
1. I was thinking - if the fx were really top quality then people wouldn't buy their stomp boxes any more as they could get dozens and dozens of fx for not much money. So isn't it in their interest to make the effects ok - but not too good ? Do you think that's what they do ?

2. Take the BluesDriver effect. It's supposed to be a copy of the Boss Bluesdriver pedal which is a copy of 1960s valve amp. So isn't this in effect a dsp copy of a transistor copy of a valve amp ? Sounds a bit stupid if you put it like that.

cheers
Quote by adetheheat
I've got Boss me80 mfx (a cut down version of the gt 100).
1. I was thinking - if the fx were really top quality then people wouldn't buy their stomp boxes any more as they could get dozens and dozens of fx for not much money. So isn't it in their interest to make the effects ok - but not too good ? Do you think that's what they do ?

No.

Quote by adetheheat
2. Take the BluesDriver effect. It's supposed to be a copy of the Boss Bluesdriver pedal which is a copy of 1960s valve amp. So isn't this in effect a dsp copy of a transistor copy of a valve amp ? Sounds a bit stupid if you put it like that.

And if it sounds really good, THEN who's a bit stupid?