So the other day my buddy asked me to help him pick an acoustic with a pickup for around $200. I emailed my guitar instructor and the biggest expert I know when it comes to guitar. He told me to tell him to get a used Fender acoustic with a bolt on neck. I tried doing a little research and a lot of the used guitars listed didn't say whether or not they had bolt on necks.

So basically: what Fender acoustics with a pickup from now and the past have bolt on necks that I might find used for under $300?

Thanks in advance for the help!
I recommend you call your guitar instructor back and ask him what the heck he was talking about. Ask him for a model number, for example.
Why trust your guitar playing fate to a bunch of people who don't actually like Fender acoustics? When you could instead, do a simple Google search using the terms, "fender acoustic guitar bolt on necks".

Lo and behold, look what happens: https://www.google.com/search?hl=en-US&biw=&bih=&q=fender+acoustic+guitars+bolt+on+necks&btnG=Google+Search&oq=&aqi=&aql=&gs_l=

I will say, I seriously doubt if any of their Asian built budget instruments still have bolt ons. I have a "Sonoran", (imitation Strat head stock/neck), and it's glued on tight.

I'd also like to point out that none of the search returns were anywhere near your budget...
Last edited by Captaincranky at Apr 13, 2016,
Quote by TomInReno
I like (newer) Fender acoustics.
Yeah but, the newer Fender acoustics with bolt on necks are MIA (AFAIK), and start at about $1300.00.

I lkie my "Sonoran" too. But as soon as I get tired of playing it, I go right back to playing my Epiphone EJ-200's, which I like a whole lot better.

I'm curious as to how old our TS' guitar instructor actually is. The bolt on neck, "Palermo", was discontinued in or around 1970!
Last edited by Captaincranky at Apr 13, 2016,
I'd forget the whole "bolt-on neck" business and just ask for some suggestions of guitars around that price range. For example, Fender's newer acoustics that don't have bolt on necks