I have a gibson LP studio that I bought in the mid 2000's, and have kept untouched (but maintained) until now. In short my old main LP is retired for a while. That is another topic.

I like the burstbucker pro's in there now, no need to change them (2 conductor).

I want to do some modding to it.

I am thinking of something like the fender gbx would be nice, (the fender ones are all short shaft). I don't need two dedicated volumes, nor dedicated tone pots. I will be flipping the magnet in the neck pickup. I don't need a phase switch. I would like to control bass and treble (if possible), and anything that is unique.

The only restraint is that I will not drill, route, nor molest the wood.

I know this is a little open ended, I don't know where to start looking.

Let's try to not go over $80

WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Well, what springs to my mind is something like then Reverend Bass contour or Fret-King Vari-Coil system.

You've read my Rev posts, so you probably know the BC control works kind of like a Tone knob, but for the lower end of the sonic spectrum.

The Vari-Coil is, for lack of a better description, rotary, analog coil splitter. Instead of the flip of a switch to go from normal to split, you rotate the VC knob, and your HBs sound increasingly like singlecoils. Here's a FK Ventura that has the VC knob and a description of its function.
http://www.zzounds.com/item--FRKVENTURA?siid=179567
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Last edited by dannyalcatraz at Apr 13, 2016,
Thanks danny! The pickups are two conductor so the varicoil won't work.

What are your thoughts on 50's wiring? I am 99% sure that I will do that as a part of the modifications.

Still looking for idras...

I will look into the bc control. More info would help on that.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
I'm not a fan of '50's wiring.

You could, instead, repurpose one of the controls with a Chandler Tone-X (this is an active, sweepable mids boost on a push-pull).

Alternatively, you could repurpose one of the controls to be a sweepable (variable frequency) mids *cut* on a push-pull. Or you could duplicate Gibson's L6S Mids roll-off (fixed frequency, variable amount). Or you could repurpose one of the controls as a bass roll-off.

Instead of '50's wiring, you could set the guitar up with a master volume, master treble-rolloff, master mids or bass roll-off and a blend pot.
I know jack-all of wiring differences.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Heh...I was just thinking: take a HH guitar and replace the pickups with 4 singlecoil-sized HBs or P90s. Or some other kind of mix of such HBs & P90s- H/H/P90/P90? H/P90/H/P90?

I know it violates your budget, and would probably require some woodwork to install a switching system to the most out of that configuration, but...

No no no Danny, you need four mini buckers. Then run all eight coils in series. That is METAL. Haha
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
Quote by dannyalcatraz
I know jack-all of wiring differences.

I just know to never cross the green wire coming from a capacidigitater with the red one from a resistaformer. Your binary framus from the overhead camshaft drive loop assembly will interdigitate the rotary framstadgit bigtime. And that ain't good.
Quote by dspellman
I just know to never cross the green wire coming from a capacidigitater with the red one from a resistaformer. Your binary framus from the overhead camshaft drive loop assembly will interdigitate the rotary framstadgit bigtime. And that ain't good.

Unless you're trying to send unquiet spirits to their eternal rest, that is.

Quote by trashedlostfdup
No no no Danny, you need four mini buckers. Then run all eight coils in series. That is METAL. Haha

I'm just trying to keep the woodwork to a minimum!

Quote by dannyalcatraz

I'm just trying to keep the woodwork to a minimum!

Maybe i should grab the router and clear the way for a few more minibuckers 12 coils
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
Rick Nielsen would approve!

Last edited by dannyalcatraz at Apr 14, 2016,
Quote by trashedlostfdup

I like the burstbucker pro's in there now, no need to change them (2 conductor).

Are you sure about that?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1cbmfgGkjA

You asked for something different, then here you go.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Cathbard never needs to see that.