I'm thinking about changing my pedal set up for the line 6 firehawk fx, my current set up is Boss CS-3, DIY Analog Delay, VS Route 808, MI Audio Super Crunch Box, and a Boss DD-3. I'm tired of changing my delay and drive settings for some songs so i'm thinking of going back to a multi. My budget is $500, genre: Alternative/Indie/Shoegaze-ish, main guitar fender teledeluxe, and amp blackstar HT-5. What do you guys think?
be careful saying the brand name Line 6 on here. May open a door to a bit of bashing possibly on here, just because you said the name. I have a couple pieces of Line 6 equipment that get the job done. Imo, its what works for you, just research what your looking at.
Quote by Rust_E_Stringz at #33925207
be careful saying the brand name Line 6 on here. May open a door to a bit of bashing possibly on here, just because you said the name. I have a couple pieces of Line 6 equipment that get the job done. Imo, its what works for you, just research what your looking at.

People not liking the Spider series (which is a garbage amp series) doesn't mean everybody hates all of Line 6 stuff. Like PODs and the like get recommended all the time. I don't understand this post and tbh other guitar sites hate L6 stuff much more.

That narrative for this site may have been true 7 years ago but it's not true now.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
People not liking the Spider series (which is a garbage amp series) doesn't mean everybody hates all of Line 6 stuff. Like PODs and the like get recommended all the time. I don't understand this post and tbh other guitar sites hate L6 stuff much more.

That narrative for this site may have been true 7 years ago but it's not true now.

True. The Spider line is a collection of sub par modelling amps. Line 6's pedals and stompbox gear are usually great. As are some of their higher end stuff. The variaxe guitars are awesome.
Harmony: Stratocaster
Alvarez: F-200
Schecter: Omen 6
Fender: BXR-60
Dean: Metalman Z Bass (Betty)
Egnator: Tweaker 15
Pearl: Maximum
ESP/LTD: EXP-300
Custom: Harley Quinn Bass
Custom: TK-421 Explorer
A steadily growing supply of pedals
If you use a lot of delay I would suggest getting a TimeFactor from Eventide or the Timeline from Strymon - you can save presets for each song. Sell your other delay pedals to finance the purchase.

The main tone weakness of the line 6, or any multi-fx, is the overdrives. I would strongly recommend against getting a multi-fx to replace drive pedals. You already have two drive pedals so you could add one more to get the desired variety - I use an AC Booster, BB preamp and a Fuzz - with those three I have every conceivable scenario covered.

If you do choose to get a multi-fx - make sure it can handle spillover (i.e reverb or delay will trail off when you change presets) and make sure the delay between switching presets is not noticeable ( this can be a big problem with even some of the more expensive units), otherwise every time you switch presets it will sound unnatural.
i've got a spider 4 120 watt with 2x10 celestions and i have no problems. Of course it doesn't have the balls my blue voodoo tube amp has, but i've gotten more compliments on the tone of the L6. I believe the 10 inch speakers give a more tight tone. I am not a fan of the L6 amps with the 12s in them though, the 2x10s are the way to go. plus, i only paid $125 for mine, used of course.
Scarred for life!

Rig:
Gibson LPC
Jackson DK10D
Fender HM Strat
Custom built Tele-type
Alvarez 5040 Koa
Epiphone 12 string
Blue Voodoo 50
Dunlop 213 slide
Fender M-80 chorus
Digitech Jimi Hendrix Experience
Last edited by damskippy at Apr 13, 2016,
I pretty much hate most of the Line 6 range but for their individual pedals, like the delay modeler and such. Used quite a bit of their gear, recorded kids with pretty much their whole range, including the Spyder (oh God the horror!), the much lauded PODs, which I don't care much for, but honestly I don't care much for many modelers.
For multifx I'd say take a look at Boss, as long as you don't need modeling. I like their GT range as long as you bypass the amp models, everything else is great for the price. TC if you can go a bit more upscale, I think their multifx line is fantastic, again as long as you don't try amp models. For amp models I use tube preamps or just run a 4 cable method around my choice of amps.
The Firehawk or HD500 would be able to replace those sounds with no problem. I think the HD500 has updated models, but it would be able to replicate the pedals you already have, and work as a direct-to-PA solution if you need it.

Also, the models in the Firehawk are essentially the same as those in the M-series, so you can put some money toward an amp if you get an M9 or M13.
Dave @ Seymour Duncan