The Official Auston Strong 2017 NHL Thread: Phil Kessel is a (Back-to-Back) Stanley Cup Champion

Page 1 of 19

okay fellas springtime's here, you know the drill. snow's all gone, edmonton's gonna pick 1st, rangers suck, etc. but there's coupla new things to consider this year around: will all the grease in luongo's hair be enough to slide 🐀the cats🐀 into contention? can the blues actually push it past 6? is kurri's record even safe with kessel returning to the post season? is it possible for both teams in a series to lose and if not, then what happens when detroit and tampa square off? okay lets go few ground rules don't be a woos, get ready to chirp and be chirped, and keep yr head up alright kiddo?

important stuff for you to look at:

2016 bracket:
west:
<#00c92f>Dallas Stars vs M<#c90303>in<#c90303>ne<#c90303>so<#c90303>ta <#c90303>Wi<#c90303>ld
<#0178ff>S<#ffef02>. L<#ffef02>ui B<#ffef02>l<#ffef02>es vs
Chicago Blackhawks
-
<#670079>A<#00cfd2>na<#00cfd2>he<#00cfd2>im <#00cfd2>Du<#00cfd2>ck<#00cfd2>s vs
Los Angeles Kings vs San Jose Sharks

east:
Wsigo Cptl vs <#ff6b00>Philadelphia Flyers
Pittsburgh Penguins vs <#0080ff>New York Rangers
-
🐀Fra ne🐀 vs <#3300c1>New York Islanders
Tampa Bay Lightning vs Detroit Red Wings

feel free to get a bracket challenge going or whatever

OKAY LETS GO EH

t
o
s
u
T<#f9e31e>ra<#f9e31e>sh<#f9e31e>vi<#f9e31e>ll<#f9e31e>e P<#f9e31e>re<#f9e31e>da<#f9e31e>to<#f9e31e>rs
a
h
n
t
n
a
i
a
s
l
o
i
d
P
a
t
h
r
s
Last edited by MinterMan22 at Jun 11, 2017,
flyers in 7
penguins in 5
panthers in 7
red wings in 6

stars in 4
blackhawks in 6
ducks in 5
kings in 7

fight me

Quote by MinterMan22 at #33925887
flyers in 7

why
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Quote by WCPhils
why

-hottest team heading into the playoffs
-emotional back story
-wayne simmonds
-solid goaltending for the first time in decades
-clutchest rookie in the league 👻🐻
-a triple chin fatass and a crackhead aren't gonna save washington just because they're former kings

Quote by MinterMan22

stars in 4

fight me
No, that sounds right.

"Every day I wonder how many things I am dead wrong about."
Quote by CaptainRon
lol @ pittsburgh giving out shirts with the wrong shade of yellow

Thought I was watching Boston for a second then realized lol wait

the wrong shade of yellow never looked so right

seriously i'm so happy that they finally brought those cup year unis back. tell me you'd rather see them all in whatever stale alfredo sauce shade of gold they normally wear instead. or even worse, that neon piss stain looking ass garbage nashville thinks they can get away with. say what you will about the on ice product kneeing you in the face or some next nonsense but the pens are looking classy as hell either way.

lol my point still stands :

at least they aren't doing the whiteout down there anymore. shit's too cheesy

After watching Rangers vs Pens last night, I'd have to agree with MinterMan. It was a sea of the wrong shade of yellow and it was probably annoying as fuck for the Rangers to play against, especially with the air horns and all that other jazz.

I'm a Rangers fan myself, and that game last night was brutal for us. The Penguins are looking real good and if we don't get Lundquist back I think we are royally fucked. Unless they can pull together some offense on Saturday and through the rest of the playoffs. They need to be able to put up more than two points against a third-string Penguins goalie (although Jackoff had a hell of a game)
panthers-caps conference final pls

ovi go get your damn cup for fucks sake
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ovi shoulda just taken a lap with the president's trophy while he had a chance cause he ain't winning shit this year you heard it here first

my bracket choices ended up in a Ducks Panthers final. Would be so down for that
Round1
Dallas to take Minnesota handily.
Chicago beats STL in brutal matchup,barely.
Anaheim spanks NSH
Kings to win in 7 against Sharks
Panthers eliminate Isles handily,
Tampa is taken out by the Wings
Caps get badly beaten around but take out Philly
and the Pens drop the ball, even with Captain Crybaby

Round2
Dallas takes out a bruised and not-deep-enough Chicago
Anaheim loses to LA in after delivering a beat down because goalie.
Panthers take on Wings and fight hard to win the series
Caps eliminate the Rangers

Round3
Dallas loses to LA because streaky play vs. experience
Panthers eliminate Caps as the Cinderella hasn't played a physical team yet.

And if I'm right all through this...

The cup will celebrate at Reggaeton clubs, and LA will end up at home licking their wounds.

That said - I hope I'm wrong. Go Hawks!
beautiful OP
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
hi
Quote by Night
wtf is a selfie? is that like, touching yourself or something?
Pens in 4 (cheating cause Lunny is hurt, i would have said 6 if he was healthy)
Caps in 6 (Philly doesn't lay down)
Panthers in 5 (and that's being generous, the isles are decimated)
Tampa in 6 (Tampa's hurting but the Wings are old, young depth > old bones)

Blues in 7 (flip a coin, this matchup is ridiculous)
Stars in 6 (Minny backed in, but Dubnyk is better than the Stars guys combined at this point)
Ducks in 5 (Rinne is over rated, Ducks d is strong, and BB is the best coach rn)
Sharks in 7 (another coin flip, feel like Reimer steals this series and jumbo lays the ground work for Conn run)
I used to be a goddamn saint. I said my prayers and handled snakes until the road introduced me to sin. I only shook hands with drink but he had friends with him
florida's got the best anthem singer in the league hahahaha

Quote by fishmunky
Pens in 4 (cheating cause Lunny is hurt, i would have said 6 if he was healthy)
Caps in 6 (Philly doesn't lay down)
Panthers in 5 (and that's being generous, the isles are decimated)
Tampa in 6 (Tampa's hurting but the Wings are old, young depth > old bones)

Blues in 7 (flip a coin, this matchup is ridiculous)
Stars in 6 (Minny backed in, but Dubnyk is better than the Stars guys combined at this point)
Ducks in 5 (Rinne is over rated, Ducks d is strong, and BB is the best coach rn)
Sharks in 7 (another coin flip, feel like Reimer steals this series and jumbo lays the ground work for Conn run)

lmfao did you honestly just use the 'wings are old' argument. not that im exactly excited about their chances but wow this is the youngest wings team in a while lmao.

and yes i know dats, z and kronwall are old
Last edited by Gregray88 at Apr 14, 2016,
Quote by Gregray88
lmfao did you honestly just use the 'wings are old' argument. not that im exactly excited about their chances but wow this is the youngest wings team in a while lmao.

and yes i know dats, z and kronwall are old

I guess I'd be willing to believe in the Wings youth movement if any of the young guys outside Larkin were deployed in a meaningful way

And particularly on d they looked old and and slow with a Tampa squad missing some key pieces

*shrugs* maybe its just watching them try to get back into the playoffs the last 2 weeks but they look like a group that doesn't have an extra gear

This panthers/Isles game is legit bananas. pull both goalies play 2 posts and crossbar going forward
I used to be a goddamn saint. I said my prayers and handled snakes until the road introduced me to sin. I only shook hands with drink but he had friends with him
oh the d is lame as fuck and the team can be a mess but age isnt the problem, its the fact that the young guys arent as dependable yet
well age is a problem when the coach only throws old guys over the boards though,

Larkin and AA could be difference makers, but not if they get passed over by guys like Abdelkader

Like they might make mistakes, but is a guy like Glendening who really only knows get it deep then change that much more dependable when he brings nothing to the team offensively?

I'd probably role the dice on youth given that the veteran leading scorer racked up 50 points to lead the team.
Quote by Gregray88
my bracket choices ended up in a Ducks Panthers final. Would be so down for that

easy cup on the PROWL
can't wait for shea theodore to sit game 1 so freaking bieksa can return to the lineup

Quote by fishmunky
well age is a problem when the coach only throws old guys over the boards though,

Larkin and AA could be difference makers, but not if they get passed over by guys like Abdelkader

Like they might make mistakes, but is a guy like Glendening who really only knows get it deep then change that much more dependable when he brings nothing to the team offensively?

I'd probably role the dice on youth given that the veteran leading scorer racked up 50 points to lead the team.

i agree with you, i want the young guys to get a bigger role, mistakes or not, its about time

but you are wrong about abdelkader, hes been phenomenal the past two years, 23g last year, 19 this year and 40 plus points while playing a gritty game is something we desperately needed, dude plays his heart out

problem is guys like ericsson, richards, helm, and kronwall get more ice time than they deserve
larkin getting called for a weak hook, okay

blatant interference on glendening entering the zone, uhm

glendening getting hauled fucking down by boyle, yo wtf ref

boyle who then proceeds to score the go ahead goal seconds later, choke on a cock ref

consistency at the very fucking least, this is the fucking playoffs

edit: hahahahaha datsyuk loses a tooth on a high stick by hedman (right in front of the ref) then hits hedman up high and immediately gets a call, idk even know what to fucking say
Last edited by Gregray88 at Apr 15, 2016,
¯\_(ツ_/¯

I look at afrogator the same way i look at Bozak, a tries hard, 3rd to 2nd line tweener who;s home fan base inexplicably loves him in spite of accomplishing very little of note

He's literally the best of a bunch of bad options imo