So, i've been playing for a couple years now, and for the last couple months I have been winding my strings so the stings wraps around the tuning peg around 4 to 5 times, but also the last two months I have been playing a little bit more solo stuff, as well as experimenting with setups, My strings used to last anywhere from a moth to 2 months, now they last at most a month. So im asking would my new way of winding cause strings to break faster, or am I just putting more wear on my higher strings? Thanks!!
Depends on where the strings are breaking.

I wouldn't really have that number of wraps around the string either. It's just going to take you more time to stretch the strings in.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
If you are breaking strings that quickly, you are either playing extremely hard and or abusing them...or you have a bind in either the bridge or nut.

I have had a set of elixer 9s on my Epiphone Dot for nearly 3 years and i play it almost daily.

But yea that many wraps around the peg is not only bad for stability/string break in its also harder on your machine heads themselves.

Either way there is definitely something wrong.
For E A and D strings i go with two wraps round the post.For the rest maybe 4 or 5.You should make sure your guitar is properly set up too.