Duran Duran took too many sleeping pills and the soundboard has been watching Herzog's Heart of Glass. Narcotic induced swaying and ennui. Solipsistic and purposeful in its minimalism. Artistic apathy of the highest caliber. Grinding yet catchy.

New release, Auto Erotik sounds like it could be their best yet.

https://soundcloud.com/ek-sis/tollund-men-mausoleum-of-desire

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxUtW7kcltI&nohtml5=False
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,
I’m not ashamed to be white
Vi doede ikke... vi har aldri levd
Barbarism is the natural state of mankind
Civilization is unnatural

It is a whim of circumstance
an unenlightened one
Last edited by VampireGoldfish at Apr 13, 2016,
Duran Duran on DXM or sleeping pill overdose is exquisitely fitting.

It's pace is the thawing of glaciers, but it lends itself an ambiance that is strangely alien with the major key focus.

Not sure exactly what I think just yet.
HESSIAN HAREM
FOR THE ADVANCEMENT OF THE HESSIAN CULTURE. STAY TRUE.
I'd love to hear more; the soundcloud track held a lot of promise, but I'm curious how a full album of this would hold up

The description is apt; the atmosphere makes me think Duran Duran engaged in their drug partaking somewhere beyond the arctic circle

“Who are you then?.."
"- I am part of that power which eternally wills evil and eternally works good.”
KULTURKAMPF
lastFM
Last edited by Emenius Sleepus at Apr 14, 2016,
Auto Erotik will be reaching more distributors soon. Highly recommended you keep an eye on their face book or this thread, I will update this one.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,

an unenlightened one
Cheers, yeah I've already followed it so I'll try and keep on top of it, there was a ton of potential there

“Who are you then?.."
"- I am part of that power which eternally wills evil and eternally works good.”
KULTURKAMPF
lastFM
Got a hold of Autoerotik - this is really good stuff, man. Thick, impenetrable aether over post-punk base; sounds kind of like a sonic representation of walking through fog hah

“Who are you then?.."
KULTURKAMPF
lastFM
Returning to this - still obtuse. Will need yet another listen to mull it over
HESSIAN HAREM
FOR THE ADVANCEMENT OF THE HESSIAN CULTURE. STAY TRUE.
Grating at points. I didn't find the synth and bass too overwhelming, more-so relaxing while simultaneously overpowering. You get sucked into it and you fall deep into its vortex.

The vocals irritated me to no end though. Mumbling, incoherent, and far too loud. The first two can be forgiven because it's what I expect from the genre of synth-heavy goth pop err..post-punk (or whichever deviation you prefer), but the vocals are too overbearing. Listened to Virbius Abstract, Flesh Remains, and their split "Chains of Love." Although Chains of Love had a clearer sound to the vocals which was welcome to my ears.

However, I gave a look through the rest of their discography and I think they've found a perfect mix on Donar's Oak. Vocals aren't as upfront and intrusive. Donar's Oak seems like the best mixed out of what I've heard, and it's really, really good. If they're going for the style of drowned reverb vocals, then I think it sounds better this way. Side-by-side.
Quote by Emenius Sleepus
Got a hold of Autoerotik - this is really good stuff, man. Thick, impenetrable aether over post-punk base; sounds kind of like a sonic representation of walking through fog hah

Out of curiosity, which label did you nab yours from? Scalpers will be showing up soon I wager.

Autoerotik is my favorite of theirs so far.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,

an unenlightened one