Epiphone Thunderhorse. Had it almost a year now. Thing plays like a dream but didn't really notice this until I finally got good enough to start practicing Yngwie stuff. Towards the higher end of the fretboard the notes around 20th fret will simply be dead or fret out unless I press down precisely on a certain point otherwise I have to bend the string and that raises the pitch obviously. I sighted down the fret board and it's very subtle but the frets are coming out of the "PHENOLIC" fretboard. A quick google search found what seems to be a reputable tech in my local area but the the cost is $175 for a fret-leveling which also includes a basic set-up I'll post the link.

I'm getting a new guitar soon which has an Ebony fingerboard, which I super stoked about since I'm absolutely crazy about Ebony despite never owning one prior to this. Only problem is I live in Las Vegas so the dryness might wreak havoc on the fretboard if I'm not diligent with it. Though this guitar is brand spanking new so it shouldn't have any issues out of the box hopefully. (One/Two more weeks till it arrives?)

Really annoying problem wish I could remedy it myself.

http://vegasguitars.com/electric-guitar-repair/
This is obviously a problem because playing quickly I won't be able to facilitate hitting that exact point on the fretboard every single time and I'll get a dead note ringing out.
Hello, fellow Nevadan!

$175, you're halfway to a complete refret! I noticed with their "Standard Setup" that minor fret repair is included. Perhaps tapping those frets back in would constitute "minor." You might call and ask them. If they'll stay down though, that's another thing. The dryness there may have made some undesirable changes to your fret slots (though I don't know how that resin board reacts to humidity vs. wood?) so a more extensive repair might be necessary. Super glue and clamp them down maybe?
Quote by TomInReno
Hello, fellow Nevadan!

$175, you're halfway to a complete refret! I noticed with their "Standard Setup" that minor fret repair is included. Perhaps tapping those frets back in would constitute "minor." You might call and ask them. If they'll stay down though, that's another thing. The dryness there may have made some undesirable changes to your fret slots (though I don't know how that resin board reacts to humidity vs. wood?) so a more extensive repair might be necessary. Super glue and clamp them down maybe?

Good suggestion, I'll stash away some cash and see if this place can give me some sort of consultation.
Talk to Westwood Music in LA or Gary Brawer (my preference) in SF about having your frets superglued and doing a PLEK job.

If you're going to spend the money...
Quote by dspellman
Talk to Westwood Music in LA or Gary Brawer (my preference) in SF about having your frets superglued and doing a PLEK job.

If you're going to spend the money...

I'm highly considering it, literally some parts of the neck are barely playable cause of this issue. I'm getting a new guitar soon though so if it doesn't have this issue I might be able hold out a little while.

EDIT: It just occurred to me that this a playability issue and I registered my guitar for Epiphone's online warranty. I wonder if that will cover it.
Last edited by anthonymarisc at Apr 14, 2016,