A really small practice amp would be helpful to me and the Android interactivity of the Line6 Amplifi series (along with the model 30 form factor) is very appealing.

I have not found any real user reviews (would be interested in folks opinion of both the modeling as well as the sound quality of something so small).

Thanks.

dave
Not familiar with it but Marshalls got the new Code series coming out which also has phone interactivity. Might wanna check those out too
I would go with a Yamaha Thr5 or a Roland Micro Cube etc. for practicing in a bedroom. It's convenient to have all the amps and effects at your fingertips and they are really inexpensive. Using a phone to adjust settings on a practice amp is going to be a hassle once the novelty wears off.

the Micro Cube has an amazing battery - so you can bring it anywhere.
I was not aware of the Cube. Interesting, although the form factor is not as attractive to me. OTOH, it costs less and has something closer to 'real speakers' which might have audible value here (see the next paragraph).

My biggest concern with the Amplifi 30 is the speakers. While I'm not expecting Fender Twin Reverb results, I am hoping to avoid what I encountered when I used a Pocket Pod to drive a Bose Soundlink speaker (designed as a computer speaker). In that case the base was almost uncontrollable. It had the huge/boomey thing going on and I'm not sure what the source of that was.

Regarding the phone use, this would be on a 10 inch Samsung Galaxy tablet and when it comes to dealing with relatively complex modeling choices I much prefer to have a 'real interface' in those cases.

Thanks to all.

dave
Quote by DaveLeeNC
A really small practice amp would be helpful to me and the Android interactivity of the Line6 Amplifi series (along with the model 30 form factor) is very appealing.

I have not found any real user reviews (would be interested in folks opinion of both the modeling as well as the sound quality of something so small).

when it comes to dealing with relatively complex modeling choices I much prefer to have a 'real interface' in those cases.

I don't think you're going to see a lot of reviews just yet; it's only started shipping recently (it was introduced at NAMM a couple of months ago). I'm not getting your "real interface" comments in regard to "relatively complex modeling issues." Can you expand on that?
Both Sweetwater and zzSounds are showing a June/July availability for the Code 25. Disappointing.

dave