Do you guys mainly make your own or is there a nice, affordable board for people with a non-extreme amount of pedals? I currently have my EVH 5150 iii 50w Footswitch, a Digitech Bad Monkey overdrive, an ISP Decimator noise suppressor, a Dunlop Wah, and occasionally will use an EQ pedal. My amp setup is kinda crappy since it's in a room where my dog is at a lot, so every time I get done playing I have to basically break the rig down to put the cab and head covers on. This is annoying when I have to drag all my pedals back out and hook cables up again. Takes 10+ minutes just to get all my stuff setup and ready to play (totally a minor gripe but it gets old!).

I was curious about a pedalboard since I wouldn't have to chain cables together and all that and it would greatly reduce setup/tear down times when I play my guitar. Thanks a bunch.
Crud, just realized I posted in possibly the wrong section. If you need to move this to the accessories forum I understand!
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Gator/GPT-Pedal-Tote-Pedal-Board-with-Carry-Bag.gc just check the measurements and compare to your stuff. The bigger version is $120.
Charvel So-Cal (SH6TB/N, killswitch), Jackson RR5FR (TB6/Jazz, Drop C). Joyo pxl pro.
Loop1=Crybaby from hell, Boss PS-5, Seymour Duncan 805 or Green Rhino, EQD Hoof or Earthbound Audio Super Collider. Loop 1 into ISP Decimator II.
Loop 2 (FX loop)-Line6 M9, TC Spark Mini. Loop 2 into mxr 10band. All into a Peavey Triple XXX 212, Ibanez IL15.
The Rondo boards can't be beat on price for that type of board, if that is what you want, I don't like those as much since when you start running wires and power cables they get cluttered really fast because everything has to stay on top of the board.

My solution for a pedalboard was to make my own pedaltrain style board , I went to the salvation army and bought a suitcase that fit my board for $3 and added foam to it.

Last edited by guitarsngear at Apr 15, 2016,
Pedal train has boards from very small to really big. The homemade wooded style pedal train is OK but tends to get a bit heavy. I own 3 different pedal train boards for whatever I may be doing at the time. Sweetwater tends to stock them all.
I tend to find the most sensible solution is to make your own.

Pedaltrain boards are just so expensive for what you get. Even the smallest ones cost £85 which I find to be ludicrous.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
I just built three out of reclaimed wood that came from an old house my business remodeled. This is solid 3/4" planks from the stairs its hard wood, but I don't know what kind.

Different, but kinda cool.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Pedal bard came in and I have the bare bones assembled. I am going to order a Boss TU-3 soon as well as an EHX Small Clone chorus to add in. Just gotta decide when I want to spend $200. Picture of my first pedalboard below!

(Invalid img)
Nice board!

I would look into cmatmods or malekko chorus over ehx any day. I [admittedly a fanboi] have both and you can easily find a used one $80ish on reverb.com.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Quote by trashedlostfdup
Nice board!

I would look into cmatmods or malekko chorus over ehx any day. I [admittedly a fanboi] have both and you can easily find a used one $80ish on reverb.com.

I'll look into those for sure, but I've currently chosen the EHX Small Clone because I want the Cobain-esque chorus sound and he apparently used that pedal for Come as you Are and Lithium. Pretty weird since I'm not a big Nirvana fan by any means but I just love that tone lol. I will check those you mentioned though. Thanks!
I have the Gator pedal board mentioned above that I use to carry two Digitech Vocalist II harmonizers for vocals. This board has been in steady use for at least 5 years and still looks good. The case is very heavy duty and I recommend it for anyone who gigs a lot. I also have two pedal board/cases from Rondo music. One case/board is smaller than the other. In the smaller case I have a four pedals, a Wah pedal and power supply. The other case is larger and I carry my Digitech RP500 multi effects in it. They are somewhat light but sturdy enough for "weekend warriors" like myself doing club bar gigs each week.

http://www.rondomusic.com/cgi-rondomusic/sb/productsearch.cgi?search_field=pedal case
Yes I am guitarded also, nice to meet you.
Question for you more knowledgeable guys:

What order would you put my pedals in? I am currently thinking:

Guitar -> Wahwah -> Boss TU-3 -> Overdrive -> Noise suppressor -> Amp

FX Loop -> EQ -> Chorus -> FX Return

Is that about right or what would you change? Thanks!
Tuner->wah->OD->AMP->EQ->chorus->reverb.

That is what I would do. You could put the noise suppressor in the loop or out front.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
Quote by trashedlostfdup
Tuner->wah->OD->AMP->EQ->chorus->reverb.

That is what I would do. You could put the noise suppressor in the loop or out front.

Thanks. No reverb pedal for me (yet!) but the rest sounds good. What are the differences between have the noise suppressor in the loop or out front? Thanks.
I would put it in the loop myself.

Also try the OD in front of the wah and behind it too. Personal preference.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
I've always made mine. I get some cheap pine boards from Lowe's, sandpaper, deck screws, stain, and Scotch Extreme Mounting Tape. I cut the tape down the middle and put a piece on each side on the bottom of the peddle. Clean the peddle bottom with a cloth dipped in rubbing alcohol before you apply it making sure it's clean and dry. If I want to take it some where I unplug it grab it in the middle and snatch it up. Using that tape I've never had a pedal come loose by accident. Here's a photo of my current board and since I had the stain from other builds I doubt I have $10 total in the board. This one is stained in mahogany and clear coated with .357 mag bullet decorations. Have fun and make it on the cheap.