Who here has dealt with a wild animal getting into your house somehow?

I'm currently dealing with what sounds like a very angry raccoon or opossum in the locked utility closet in my bathroom. No clue how it got in there since it's centrally located, but it has the furnace and stuff, so I guess ventilation was the entry point. I don't have the key to the door, so I called maintenance and got some guy speaking rapid Russian. Explained the situation and he said "ok" and hung up, so I assume everything will work out.

Nothing quite like taking your morning shit and hearing violent screeching from a few feet away to speed things up.

Tell me about your domestic WILDLIFE experiences.
There was a dead possum in the roof a few months ago
It was absolutely rank
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
Once upon a time one of the cats took a mouse home, having seemingly not harmed it and it hid under the fridge for ages until someone managed to grab it and put it back outside
I have nothing important to say
beasties more like besties amirite
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
I has squirells living inside the rain gutters.
You could hear them knocking about inside the house.

Hot sauce came to the rescue, apparently it's like kryptonite to them
Had a lot of mice not long ago. Traps took care of that.
'93 Gibson LP Studio (498T/490R)-Ebony
'14 Gibson LP Standard (JB/Jazz)-Ocean Water Perimeter
Epi MKH LP Custom-7 (SD Custom Shop JB-7)-Ebony
+More

Maxon od808|Boss NS-2|Boss CE-5|
Line6 G55|Korg Pitchblack Pro

JVM 210h|1960a(V30/G12t-75)
A moth flew in the other day. That's about as dangerous as Wales gets.
I've had birds fly in before. That's considered a "bad omen" (foretells a death in the family). Nobody died, btw.

I'm copacetic towards spiders though. The only outside beastie welcome in my home. Spiders perform a useful service...if you see spiders in your home you can bet they killed a lot of other creepers.
We had raccoon's tear off a bunch roof shingles and damage the soffit and fascia on our house.
had a squirrel in my apt. once. he was flipping out, & kept trying to jump through a closed window over & over until my roommate & I finally chased him towards the back door, then he ended up jumping through an open window that had a hole in the screen.
I've had to deal with cockroach infestations, big-ass rats, cats, lizards, locusts, pigeons, but worst of all were the fucking bats.

Good luck, sir.
ggg1 ggg3

Nice.

I've dealt with mice before. Traps are ez mode. Also we had a squirrel or two get in the attic when I was a kid.

Now this shit's just interrupting my day though. Been two hours and maintenance just ain't responding.
Snakes, birds, and assorted insects were most common where I used to live. Also geckos but we never got rid of them.

Now I just have fruit flies and mosquitoes.
cat
Quote by Pastafarian96
There was a dead possum in the roof a few months ago
It was absolutely rank

#OutbackLife

The worst I've had to deal with was a legless lizard which I initially mistook for a baby snake. Also a spider bit me in the shower once but I don't know if that counts.
we used to have bats get caught in our curtains and die
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
Quote by behind_you
I've had to deal with cockroach infestations, big-ass rats, cats, lizards, locusts, pigeons, but worst of all were the fucking bats.

are you cursed?

Quote by Pastafarian96
I an evety characyer in this story
this one time in the summer, when we left our doors open during the day a very handsome white cat came into my room. also we found a hedgehog in the garage once. i was pleased with both visitors.

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
Quote by M00NAGEDAYDREAM at #33928033
are you cursed?
I used to live in a shithole.
ggg1 ggg3

when i was in middle school, 2 rabbits got in my house and were hiding under my sisters bed for like 2 days. We eventually put them in our backyard, and the mother rabbit came like minutes after. It was pretty cool..

last time was not too long ago, a cat was in my backyard, saw my cat in the window, and tried to enter my house from the back-door. It was open and i heard a "creak" sound, so i got up and saw this fat orange tabby walking in lol. I was like "wat da fuq" and the cat saw me and ran away.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

Yes, my BMW ///M235i.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
bats, mice and a racoon. cats took care of the mice, i got rid of the bats without killing them and had to shoo out the racoon.
I get a lot of insects in my house, we live right by a massive field so there's loads of them

we did have a cat come in and chill the other night though, that was
Eat your pheasant
Drink your wine
Your days are numbered, bourgeois swine!
Quote by behind_you

Do you live in a fucking cave

We had scorpions running amok for a little bit but I think we got 'em all
We had a ton of bats in the top of our garage

but then our neighbor boarded the hole up one day (the back is at the border our the two properties) so I guess they all died

have had opossums under our porch steps before. Dog cornered one once and it actually played dead and waited for the dog to lose interest and then bolted.

and not wild animals, but we've found neighbor's cats just chilling inside a few times
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Last edited by WCPhils at Apr 15, 2016,
lulz

We have some birds that'll nest in our chimney, every season where they lay eggs/etc, so you'll hear chirps every now and then in the family room. I'd smoke 'em out, but it's spring, so not really using the fireplace
Why don't you just open the door
...it was bright as the sun, but with ten times the heat
Quote by c3powil
Why don't you just open the door

It is locked. Only the maintenance guys have the keys cause it contains the furnace/water boiler and I guess they don't want people fucking with them. It's an apartment.

And it ended up being in the ventilation from the dryer to outside, apparently the vent wasn't capped.