19 32%
Legal for terminally ill/suffering/PC Gamers
33 56%
Illegal
2 3%
lol idk
5 8%
Voters: 59.
Canada has just taken a big step towards legalizing doctor-assisted suicide.

http://mic.com/articles/140861/canadian-prime-minister-justin-trudeau-moves-to-legalize-doctor-assisted-suicide?utm_source=policymicFB&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=WHFacebook&utm_content=inf_4_285_2&tse_id=INF_fa9451b6aa0f46e29ee7ae5f3d3d7b58#.HrXgjmjUc

An awful lot of Canadians have experienced and accompanied their loved ones through difficult moments at the end of their lives...Many more have had difficult conversations with their aging parents, for example, to understand their wishes. And I think the Supreme Court clearly said that it's a violation of Canadians' fundamental rights to have the current legislation in place.

- J. True

Is assisted suicide a violation of the laws of man&god?

I'm all for it. Get 'em (the weak and old) outta here.
Check out my band Disturbed
Last edited by StewieSwan at Apr 15, 2016,
I could've sworn we had this thread asking this question already.
There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Suicide is cool and everyone should do it if they want to tbh
Life isn't valuable

Xiaoxi will love this post
Quote by GuitarGod_92
Life isn't valuable

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Despite being ever so #don'ttreadonme, I don't think it should be legal for folks with severe or highly variable depression, because the control a patient typically requesting it is (usually) diminished in those circumstances.

Or in the least, in those with mental illness, there should be a waiting period until their condition eases in some way, or they do it themselves.
they're coming to take me away
ha-haaa
Last edited by Banjocal at Apr 15, 2016,
Suicide should always be illegal. We have to make those people's lives harder afterwards if they attempt it, because that's just wrong
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
Quote by GuitarGod_92
Life isn't valuable

add encourage all the abortions and you got yourself a DEAL

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
J. True is an awesome street name
Quote by Mr E Meat
this is your brain

this is your brain on RT

Quote by Standard_A440
Given that you reside in the shade of the natural light of reason, I will defer doing your homework to you.
Quote by Xiaoxi
add encourage all the abortions and you got yourself a DEAL

I thought that goes without saying since children are shit
Quote by Banjocal
Despite being ever so #don'ttreadonme, I don't think it should be legal for folks with severe or highly variable depression, because the control a patient typically requesting it is (usually) diminished in those circumstances.

Or in the least, in those with mental illness, there should be a waiting period until their condition eases in some way, or they do it themselves.

I think that in most of the places where euthanasia/assisted suicide is legal, the patient is judged to be fit to make that decision by two different doctors. That and it's usually only acceptable if the person's suffering is unbearable and/or incurable. Which I think is a fair enough way of approaching it.

I just read that in Switzerland it's apparently only illegal to assist someone in suicide (even if your not a doctor) if you're helping out of self-interest.
Last edited by ultimate-slash at Apr 15, 2016,
Quote by ultimate-slash
I think that in most of the places where euthanasia/assisted suicide is legal, the patient is judged to be fit to make that decision by two different doctors. That and it's usually only acceptable if the person's suffering is unbearable and/or incurable. Which I think is a fair enough way of approaching it.

I just read that in Switzerland it's apparently only illegal to assist someone in suicide (even if your not a doctor) if you're helping out of self-interest.
>Always legal
>Legal for terminally ill/suffering/PC Gamers
>etc

>Always legal
>Always

ha-haaa
PC gamers probably should have the mental health checks bypassed though tbh

Buying my PC was, in retrospect, the point at which any hope I had for having a happy, sex-filled life completely dissolved.
ha-haaa
Being a PC gamer also already implies that you're of the highest caliber of rationality, as it is clearly the superior medium for gaming
i voted for the PC gamers option

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
I'm conflicted about it. On the one hand, people should have every right to decide when their life ends and how it ends if they so choose, and there's no reason for them not to have medical assistance in making that decision in a clean, painless fashion. On the other hand, I feel like this opens the door to a lot of insurance companies going "Well, the disease you have has a very high mortality rate. We could help, but given that the odds aren't in your favor and it would be quicker and cheaper for you to accept death, your insurance isn't going to cover any medical procedures to fight it, even the basic ones we used to."

I want to be in favor of it, because I don't see any reason it shouldn't be an option, but it has to be very tightly regulated, because once it's legal, it's just asking to be abused.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 50-54
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
Quote by GuitarGod_92
Gaming is for losers no matter how you go about it
This is correct
ha-haaa
I'm "pro" on assisted suicide. Just another thing the government shouldn't be involved in.
Quote by EpiExplorer

Quote by EndTheRapture51
Anyway I have technically statutory raped #nice

Quote by EndThecRinge51
once a girl and i promised to never leave each other

since that promise was broken

i dont make promises any more
Hell yeah sign me up!
Quote by joshua garcia
I was incredibly drunk and only really remember writing a fanfic where ESP was getting porked by a pony.

Quote by guitar0player
I'd honestly fap to anything with a set of genitals as long as I find it aesthetically appealing.
Quote by TobusRex
I'm "pro" on assisted suicide. Just another thing the government shouldn't be involved in.

Closet Republican confirmed.
Free Ali
by the time im in my 60's i'll be doing ever drug in existence, recreationally.

life is boring, and i sure would want to kill my self if i was on my death bed, in a hospital.

if i only had a few months/years to live, and i knew i was never going to recover, i'd just kill myself.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

Someone should just invent a home suicide kit so doctors won't have to get into the morality of it.

Sell them right beside the pregnancy and Aids tests.
Quote by EyeNon15
Someone should just invent a home suicide kit so doctors won't have to get into the morality of it.

That's called a knife and a plug socket m8
ha-haaa
There are probably more effecient ways to do it

What about "the pill" u see in spy movies.
Where the spy gets caught and eats the suicide pill so nobody can innterogate him

That's a real thing right???
Last edited by EyeNon15 at Apr 15, 2016,
cyanide

it's not that easy to get hold of and I wouldn't recommend the easiest way to do so
ha-haaa
well with a knife and socket you shit yourself

but getting cyanide requires a lot of gold and idk if it still works

anyway it's probably best not to discuss technique as I don't want a ban
ha-haaa
i won't celebrate until it's made mandatory
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
Quote by EyeNon15

They exist. There's this bag thing that you put over your head or some shit. I remember seeing it a while back. Not gonna search it on my work computer tho
Check out my band Disturbed
i do not think i would kill myself
because what else is there?

you gotta live until you're dead -- r.i.p. lux
I'm totally for it, whatever the situation, though I do think there should be a waiting period for depressed patients in the case that they are cured
Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja