So...usually San Dimas Jacksons go for $1000 up (since these are all custom shops, a lot of it depends on the features).

The only thing that I'd be worried about is that according to Jackson's serial numbers (which are different than charvel's) that serial number is a USA custom shop that was made in Ontario CA (which is in contradiction to the neckplate)

http://www.jacksonguitars.com/support/serial-numbers/

So, I'm not going to call fake, but....buyer beware.

That being said, those early Jackson guitars are (from my experience) phenomenally nice to play and if you like it, I'm guessing you could resell at about the same value. (I own two Jackson USA's including a pre-Fender bolt-on that I love. And I'm getting another in the mail on monday).

Only other thing I'd say is that since it's so old, remember to potentially factor in the cost of a refret or check that the frets still have a reasonable amount of life left.
So apparently there is some talk on a couple forums that Jackson, even after moving to Ontario, had some leftover nameplates and so for part of 87 used those. Makes me a bit less suspicious of it and would place it as an early Ontario Jackson Custom Shop bolt-on
It depends on if you want a scalloped neck, if it is scalloped as the guy on JCF claims, if so the missing indicators show that it was maybe not professionally done, seems like a pro tech would insure the indicators remained. The scalloped neck will almost definately decrease the value.

It is not an 1984, the serial number chart in your link is for San Dimas Charvels, not Jackson.

Custom Shop serial numbers ranging from 1506-7303 made from 1987-1989 in Ontario CA.

http://www.jacksonguitars.com/support/serial-numbers/

I'd be leary at that price unless I could get my hands on it first to check out that neck.

FWIW the neck plates are not always accurate here is the plate from my 89 Charvel Fusion Custom that was made in Japan. It has a Ft. Worth Texas PO Box which is the facility that imports the MIJ's, This plate for imports was discontinued in 1990 and had no address.

It is also worth noting that the guys at JCF are very knowledgable.
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

Last edited by Evilnine at Apr 18, 2016,
Thanks again for the reply, really appreciate it.

I had no idea it was so rare, I've not used a scallop before.