Yet not IRL.

For example i have these dreams often.

Firstly there is an orchestra playing unique backing to my guitar. We got drums, bass, maybe violins etc..sometimes just a band, usually orchestra...Now this music is unique so technically my brain is playing a full orchestra live.

Then on top off that i will now improvise guitar over this music..I am playing guitar like hendrix and page and clapton all morphed into one being.

My brain is playing riffs, chord stabs, bass notes, huge solos, the whole lot and its out of this world.

But again its all original live improvisation.

SO my brain at one moment is playing out an orchestra and me improvising live on electric guitar.

Now i can play decent impro guitar live but not this good. ANd im not good with my ears so even though i can recall some off it but not all when i wake up i have 0 way to transcribe this music.

Just shows the power of the brain and the unlocked ability I or we all have. If my brain can do this sleeping surely i could do it whilst awake also?
Some great songs have actually been written in dreams, so you are definitely not alone.

Can you remember what you heard in your dreams? Because you may feel like it was amazing music at the time you heard it in your dream, but if you heard it now, it might not feel special at all. But I may be wrong. As I said, some people have written some great songs in their dreams.

And if you can hear these great solos in your head but can't play them in real life, you need ear training.

If my brain can do this sleeping surely i could do it whilst awake also?

I guess it should be possible.
Quote by AlanHB
Just remember that there are no boring scales, just boring players.

Gear

Bach Stradivarius 37G
Charvel So Cal
Fender Dimension Bass
Hartke HyDrive 210c
Ibanez BL70
Laney VC30
Tokai TB48
Yamaha FG720S-12
Yamaha P115
Quote by ChucklesMginty
If this is true I should be getting laid a lot more often.

lol to funny, i get some quality sex dreams also where im self sucking lol wtf!! haha...i aint gay though its my D!!....

Quote by MaggaraMarine
Some great songs have actually been written in dreams, so you are definitely not alone.

Can you remember what you heard in your dreams? Because you may feel like it was amazing music at the time you heard it in your dream, but if you heard it now, it might not feel special at all. But I may be wrong. As I said, some people have written some great songs in their dreams.

And if you can hear these great solos in your head but can't play them in real life, you need ear training.

I guess it should be possible.

My ears are my flaw. I can play guitar well due to 10 years playing but i only know minimal theory and for the life of me i am so bad at knowing whats going on in music by listening to it. I guess its something i should work on.

Then again its one thing to make a song from dream with say a chorus or some lyrics.

BUT im dreamin like 10-20mins live improvising with an orchestra.

1. Not something easy to transcribe for the best of us
2. Who the hell remembers a 10-20min dream music in detail. impossible. Only recall bits and bobs and the general vibe i had before i woke.
3. Really wouldnt know where to start to much to recall, what chords backing? what riff i played at what part etc

However, if my brain can do it when sleeping it must as said show it has ability to do it irl.

This is hard enough if u have material to rewind back and forth and listen to...But i cant even listen to once just got recall memory which is not full either lol.
Maybe the tunes in your dream aren't good but you just think that they are because it's a dream. Like when you dream that you're at school but your school has polar bears but you don't question it because it's a dream.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by theogonia777
Maybe the tunes in your dream aren't good but you just think that they are because it's a dream. Like when you dream that you're at school but your school has polar bears but you don't question it because it's a dream.

Exactly. Not saying that they can't be awesome songs. Maybe they are (as I said, some people have written great songs in dreams, or at least got song ideas for good songs in their dreams). But it may just be that you think they are good songs because you are in a dream.

But yeah, you need to work on your ears. Just start learning songs by ear.

Also, I sometimes improvise in my head when I'm awake. But most of it is something that I would not use in an actual song. It's just jamming inside my head.

If you can remember bits and the overall feel, write them down or record them. If you can't do that, train your ears.
Quote by AlanHB
Just remember that there are no boring scales, just boring players.

Gear

Bach Stradivarius 37G
Charvel So Cal
Fender Dimension Bass
Hartke HyDrive 210c
Ibanez BL70
Laney VC30
Tokai TB48
Yamaha FG720S-12
Yamaha P115
na its not even songs its just amazing guitar playing...Honestly ifs total fukin rockin sht...like hendrix on fire, the guitar playing is insane..

But as said even if i were good with my ears once i fully awake and sit down its like it fades from my memory...
I feel you man. I remember hearing beautiful melodies in my sleep but for the life of me cannot recall them when I wake up.

Need to keep a voice recorder by my bed to try to rehash this stuff in the AM.
and harry doesn't mind if he doesn't make the scene
Quote by guitarbeero

Now i can play decent impro guitar live but not this good. ANd im not good with my ears so even though i can recall some off it but not all when i wake up i have 0 way to transcribe this music.

You have a way. Get your phone and sing the parts you hear in your head into whatever voice recorder comes with it. Later go to your guitar and transcribe what you've recorded.
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud
learn how to transcribe. It's the only barrier between your imagination and your creations that matters. Just like the reason you can't improvise the way you'd like to is probably going to come down to you not knowing the fret board well enough to begin with.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Anyway I have technically statutory raped #nice

Quote by EndThecRinge51
once a girl and i promised to never leave each other

since that promise was broken

i dont make promises any more
If you only get that in deep dreaming, then it's likely not a full orchestra of awesome, and just you are dreaming as though it is, which is common in dreaming. It's common to have a sense of something, and not full clarity. Or dream of being in a real specific place, but in your dream it's completely different and dynamic, but to you, it's definitely that place. The dreaming mind is like that.

If you can do this while you are awake, imagine an orchestra and solos over it, then you can learn to solo like that. You just need to understand music. Although, due to the physical limitations of the guitar, you won't be able to fully play anything you can imagine. After a while though, you'll be able to have a lot of flexibility, and you'll understand the limitations of your guitar, and you can daydream playing guitar just like it was real life, minus the physical aspects.

You can also learn to program midi, but what I hate about that is all the subtle things to do with feel are a real slow pain to program. Other than that though, programming an orchestra, is pretty basic, and requires little training, really, aside from clicking notes on your piano roll, and selecting different instruments, and knowing a little about some articulations.
It sounds like you are seeing glimpses of your "ideal self". The main difference then becomes what you do to get closer to realizing that "ideal" self. When we teach one of our goals is to unlock the bridge between what you hear in your head and what you can play, and make it so that ultimately you are closer to being able to express yourself in that way.

Best,

Sean