Pope calls for compassion for refugees, takes three families back to Italy
https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/pope-francis-arrives-on-lesbos-in-visit-intended-to-prick-europes-conscience/2016/04/16/b0a66c08-fd09-11e5-813a-90ab563f0dde_story.html?postshare=7621460812263690&tid=ss_fb

MYTILENE, Greece —Pope Francis on Saturday took three refugee families back with him on his plane to Rome following an emotional and provocative visit to the Greek island of Lesbos that seemed designed to prick Europe’s conscience over its treatment of refugees.

The pope boarded his Alitalia jet along with 12 Syrians from three families, all of whom had had their houses bombed and are seeking refuge in Europe, according to Vatican spokesman the Rev. Thomas Rosica. There were six children among them. Rosica said the families, all of whom are Muslim, would be cared for at the Vatican.

The dramatic and unexpected gesture by the pope came at the end of a highly symbolic visit to Lesbos, an island that has been the first port of call for hundreds of thousands of people seeking sanctuary in Europe over the past year as they fled war, oppression and poverty in Asia, Africa and the Middle East. But in the past two weeks, it also has been the scene of hundreds of deportations under a new plan by which Europe sends back those who reach its shores.

The centerpiece of Francis’s visit Saturday was a visit to the Moria detention facility, where he sat down for lunch with some of the 3,060 men, women and children who arrived on this sun-splashed beach of Europe harboring a dream that was shattered almost as soon as they made landfall. By crossing the barbed-wire threshold that walls the residents of Moria off from the world, the pope presented European leaders with an unmistakable moral challenge.
ugh pc gone made
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
aha Lesbos.
Quote by SGstriker
If KFC is finger-licking good, then people would probably suck dicks for Popeyes. That's how good it is.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
I heard the Vatican is pretty pissed at Francis. They wanted somebody far more conservative, instead getting a hippie in mitre. Frankly I think he's great for the Church's perception...after decades of hearing about nothing but STD enabling idiots like Ratzinger and John Paul II, who also ignored a rampant sex abuse problem. The Catholic Church needed a new, compassionate face. Hell, I like Francis a lot and I think religion is 100% phony.
That's very nice of him
Quote by DisarmGoliath
Facesitting is a violation of freedom of speech, because how can you speak when you have an ass covering your face?
Yea, 3 families is all the Vatican can manage, what with the overcrowding.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Quote by slapsymcdougal

It's easy to criticize, isn't it? Why don't YOU try to free up room for 3 families when you are already sheltering 14,123 pedo priests in a "nation" under .2 square miles!
Quote by TobusRex
It's easy to criticize, isn't it? Why don't YOU try to free up room for 3 families when you are already sheltering 14,123 pedo priests in a "nation" under .2 square miles!

That's 14,123 beds the kids would totally be welcome in.
Quote by Diemon Dave
only the little boys though, the little girls will have to sleep on the floor
Quote by TobusRex
is that cause of that wall thing that hypocrite has?
Quote by kalypto
only the little boys though, the little girls will have to sleep on the floor

So basically it's fine.
Quote by Diemon Dave
christianity is just repackaged neo-platonism they cannot help being true Greeks underneath the robes.
Damn, first he visits the Lesbos then he saves some Muslim families from their terrible situation. What a shitty guy... /sarcasm
Quote by neidnarb11890
christianity is just repackaged neo-platonism they cannot help being true Greeks underneath the robes.

yup
Quote by Diemon Dave
Quote by slapsymcdougal

How many have you brought in?
Interesting turn of events considering that the Vatican and Catholic Priests worked hand in hand to help Nazi war criminals such as Adolf Eichmann
Quote by loumangroup
Interesting turn of events considering that the Vatican and Catholic Priests worked hand in hand to help Nazi war criminals such as Adolf Eichmann

Not all of them.
Quote by TobusRex
Not all of them.

Yeah your right, the rest of them were too busy trying to have sex with kids.
Quote by bradulator
How many have you brought in?

Everyone I can fit in the sovereign nation I rule.
Quote by Diemon Dave
This is Europe. Enjoy your caliphate.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
I thought Moria was full of orcs
WHAT A
HORRIBLE
NIGHT TO
HAVE A
CURSE.
Quote by loumangroup
Yeah your right, the rest of them were too busy trying to have sex with kids.

You're being more anti-catholic than Toby. How the fuck did that happen.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by Neo Evil11
You're being more anti-catholic than Toby. How the fuck did that happen.

I'm not anti-Catholic. I'm anti religion.
Taking these people in wont solve the shitty things that r happening from where they came. It will be a constant thing cuz them
Places r whack as fuq
good

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo