British politician says Barack Obama is the most anti-British president ever

Page 1 of 2
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2016/04/16/a-british-politician-says-barack-obama-is-the-most-anti-british-president-ever/

Ahead of President Obama's upcoming visit to the country, a prominent British politician has dubbed the American leader the most "anti-British" U.S. president in history.

“Mercifully, this American president, who is the most anti-British American president there has ever been, won’t be in office for much longer, and I hope will be replaced by somebody rather more sensible when it comes to trading relationships with this country,” Nigel Farage said Friday, according to Britain's Press Association.

That's quite the bold statement. It's also almost certainly untrue (to give just one example, George Washington actively fought against British rule during the American Revolutionary War, almost certainly making him a better contender for the title).

So why exactly did Farage say it?

Obama's views on Britain have been the subject of a remarkable scrutiny since he entered office. In 2009, the British press criticized him for apparently sending a bust of Sir Winston Churchill back to Britain, with some outlets even suggesting that it was revenge for Churchill's 1952 decision to crush the Mau Mau uprising in Kenya (the reality of the situation, The Washington Post's Fact Checker recently explained, was more complicated and less controversial). More recently, Obama's views on Britain became the topic of debate when a magazine profile appeared to show him criticizing the foreign policy decisions of David Cameron.

Underlying these controversies was a growing sense from both sides of the Atlantic that maybe the "special relationship" that had existed between the United States and Britain since World War II was on the rocks. Unlike many other American leaders who were clearly Anglophiles, Obama appeared to have no special affection for Britain, favoring rising powers to former colonial empires. Personally, he has always seemed more swayed by the technocratic skills of someone like Angela Merkel than the privileged charm of Cameron.

We have found our saviour savior, America.
This is Farage

I don't usually like to reduce politicians to caricatures but it IS Farage we're talking about so

it's probably not as much about foreign policy as he wants people to think
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
Quote by TobusRex at #33929368
Some rabblerouser in Britain dislikes Obama? Stop the presses.

Who gives a shit?
Replace Britain with Israel and everyone loses their mind.
ggg1 ggg3

Quote by behind_you
Replace Britain with Israel and everyone loses their mind.

Britain isn't stomping on the rights of the indigenous population.

Except for Northern Ireland, that is. Plus you never hear about bombings from the IRA anymore.
Thankfully in a few short months Farage will cease to be a "prominent" politician
My old signature was too long. Have a daisy.

All U.S. presidents are Americans so they are all equally anti British
Quote by DisarmGoliath
Facesitting is a violation of freedom of speech, because how can you speak when you have an ass covering your face?
Quote by Banjocal
This is Farage

I don't usually like to reduce politicians to caricatures but it IS Farage we're talking about so

it's probably not as much about foreign policy as he wants people to think

What do you mean, reduce?

Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Eugh, Farage. How dare you even bring him up, brad.
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
If you say his name backwards into a mirror 3 times at midnight...

Quote by Diemon Dave
oh man i was gonna make a george washington joke but then i actually read the quoted bit and there was already a george washington joke. sucks.
will someone carry me across ten thousand miles under the silence
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
Quote by EpiExplorer

Here's a photo of the cleanup

Quote by Diemon Dave
Oh yeah, obama's totally the most anti-brit prezie.

Quote by Baby Joel
oh man i was gonna make a george washington joke but then i actually read the quoted bit and there was already a george washington joke. sucks.

I didn't.
Last edited by stratkat at Apr 16, 2016,
Quote by RAB11
Thankfully in a few short months Farage will cease to be a "prominent" "politician"

ftfy
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
What about like George Washington? He was so anti-British that he started a war.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Good, the UK needs to get off our jock.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Quote by MeGaDeth2314
ok but what about George Washington guys?

Oh, you mean the President who normalised relations with Britain after the war and kept the US neutral during the Napoleonic wars, even though it pissed off the French, who basically bankrolled the revolution?
Quote by Diemon Dave
Quote by slapsymcdougal
Oh, you mean the President who normalised relations with Britain after the war and kept the US neutral during the Napoleonic wars, even though it pissed off the French, who basically bankrolled the revolution?

that was alexander hamilton's fault obviously
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Quote by StewieSwan

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
damn, i forgot farage existed for a while and you reminded me
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Quote by slapsymcdougal
I think you'll find the fault was entirely with Jefferson's poor flow.

and madison's absymal job as a hype man

Quote by Trowzaa
damn, i forgot farage existed for a while and you reminded me

same, i'd pretty much forgotten about ukip altogether
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Quote by StewieSwan

Quote by Bladez22
Remember when George Washington sailed across a river just because be hated the British?
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by ChucklesMginty at #33929476
At least it's not Nick Griffin.

hahaha

do the bnp even exist anymore

Is this Farage guy the Brit equivalent of Rush Limbaugh or something? A bloated gasbag full of ill formed opinions and oxycontin?
...your name begins with Nigel and doesn't end with Thornberry

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by TobusRex
Is this Farage guy the Brit equivalent of Rush Limbaugh or something? A bloated gasbag full of ill formed opinions and oxycontin?

More like Donald Trump but without all the votes.

An anti-immigration politician (married to a foreigner) that apparently relates to the average hard working person. Also a bloated gasbag full of ill formed opinions and discriminatory jibes.

He's not even a member of Parliament, despite leading a political party. (Although he is an european member of parliament where his policy is to vote no to everything when he can actually be bothered to go).

I took a picture of him outside my work once. He still looks like really smug and smarmy git irl.
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

Last edited by OddOneOut at Apr 16, 2016,
Quote by TobusRex at #33929588

just a racist old chav who wears a suit and wants rid of foreigners

Quote by Trowzaa
just a racist old chav who wears a suit and wants rid of foreigners

Damn...sounds like he has a future in the American Republican Party. He should emigrate to America!
Quote by TobusRex
Damn...sounds like he has a future in the American Republican Party. He should emigrate to America!

It's gonna be hard for him to run for president though
But what about George Washington Carver?

Quote by Hal-Sephira

We all have the rights to be mad

So does you
Page 1 of 2