I cannot decide between the two, was hoping people who had experience with one or the other can offer advice. Does one really have more versatility?
DSL all day.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
I have a DSL40 and am looking into an HT for a backup amp.

DSL: Better classic rock and clean sounds. Really needs the C19 mod (or get the version with the upgraded speaker). The reverb isn't that good.

HT: Better for metal. Horrible customer service if your amp breaks. "Grainier" distortion sound. Has a tone control on the clean channel (the DSL doesn't).

In general I think the DSL is an overall better amp, but the HT is better for the really high gain stuff.
Quote by 8Len8
I have a DSL40 and am looking into an HT for a backup amp.

DSL: Better classic rock and clean sounds. Really needs the C19 mod (or get the version with the upgraded speaker). The reverb isn't that good.

HT: Better for metal. Horrible customer service if your amp breaks. "Grainier" distortion sound. Has a tone control on the clean channel (the DSL doesn't).

In general I think the DSL is an overall better amp, but the HT is better for the really high gain stuff.

Having played both extensively and owning a Blackstar HT-20, I agree with your comparisons. The only thing I would add is the DSL is probably better for 80's metal. not that you can't achieve similar with the HT range, it is just a little complicated.
Quote by MAChiefs
Having played both extensively and owning a Blackstar HT-20, I agree with your comparisons. The only thing I would add is the DSL is probably better for 80's metal. not that you can't achieve similar with the HT range, it is just a little complicated.

I'm thinking if I do get an HT20 I'll need to swap out the tubes and maybe change V1 to a lower gain tube to get good lower gain tone.
www.facebook.com/yourbadinfluence
Quote by Giantsfan
I cannot decide between the two, was hoping people who had experience with one or the other can offer advice. Does one really have more versatility?

Budget? Location? Genres you play? Gear you own now? It would be easier to help you with that info.

That being said Im not a fan of the HT series
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Last edited by H4T3BR33D3R at Apr 18, 2016,