Page 1 of 3
Intelligent discussion ahead.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
I've long bemoaned the fact that US currency puts politicians on it's money. I like coins with cool designs, like the Indian Head nickel, the Indian head gold coins, or the Walking Liberty half dollar. The USA used to have the most awesome coins in the world, now we have regular crap. With politicians. Ugh.

So...which black lady? Please say "Aunt Jemima"
Quote by GuitarGod_92
Tbh no one on our money deserves to be on our money they're all historically shit people

But what about honest Abe?
Quote by WaterGod

Megalomaniac. Ran for POTUS KNOWING that there would be a bloody civil war if he won. On the other hand, it was bound to happen sooner or later anyway....the South's 1% weren't going to give up their free labor willingly and they had millions of ignorant morons willing to be misled on "state's rights".
Quote by WaterGod

Oh please Lincoln did a lot of horrible shit in his presidency
He's just lucky he "freed" the slaves and then died brutally, making him the martyr everyone knows and loves
Quote by WaterGod

And it should include this quote:

Quote by Abe
My paramount object in this struggle is to save the Union, and is not either to save or to destroy slavery. If I could save the Union without freeing any slave, I would do it; and if I could save it by freeing some and leaving others alone, I would also do that.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Doesn't she already have her own dollar coin though? Can't they give someone else a chance?
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by Banjocal
Intelligent discussion ahead.

This $20 bill represents the wage gap for white women compared to every $100 a white man makes.
pc gone mad

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
Lincoln cared not one whit for the slaves. He was a shrewd politician though and knew how to use a wedge issue. The issue he chose was the prohibition of slavery. He aligned himself politically with the prohibitionists. That indicates a Machiavellian side that he never gets credit for (cynically using a political cause one cares nothing about to advance one's own political power).

Again, Lincoln was a politician, not a saint. He was a shrewd, capable politician, but he wasn't even close to perfect. He's been whitewashed as a plaster saint though. The interesting thing to me is that Lincoln was politically very liberal, yet today's arch rightwing Republicans still claim him, lol.
Quote by TobusRex
Lincoln cared not one whit for the slaves. He was a shrewd politician though and knew how to use a wedge issue. The issue he chose was the prohibition of slavery. He aligned himself politically with the prohibitionists. That indicates a Machiavellian side that he never gets credit for (cynically using a political cause one cares nothing about to advance one's own political power).

Again, Lincoln was a politician, not a saint. He was a shrewd, capable politician, but he wasn't even close to perfect. He's been whitewashed as a plaster saint though. The interesting thing to me is that Lincoln was politically very liberal, yet today's arch rightwing Republicans still claim him, lol.

Kind of the point.

Also relevant, if there had been no revolution, slaves in the colonies would have been freed in 1833, along with the rest of the Empire.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Quote by stratkat
Lincoln fucked prostitutes and won a war.

Lincoln's fine, racism was just the style at the time.

But did he ever wear an onion on his belt?
Quote by Diemon Dave
Quote by slapsymcdougal
Kind of the point.

Also relevant, if there had been no revolution, slaves in the colonies would have been freed in 1833, along with the rest of the Empire.

The slaves would've been freed in 1783 if the Founding Fathers hadn't knuckled under to the demands of the southern plantation owners. It didn't help much that one of the FF (Jefferson) was a southern plantation owner who was banging the crap out of his slaves.

I don't blame you for bemoaning losing America though. If the USA hadn't kicked the hell out of Great Britain in the revolution we'd have certainly acquired full voting privileges in your parliament by now. Considering the USA is, what, 5 times the population of the UK we'd certainly be calling the shots there by now (not that we aren't anyway, lol). No more shitty English food, you'd suddenly be enjoying proper American food. No more sissy soccer....you'd be enjoying proper football.

You guys missed out. On the other hand...you do have Stonehenge.
Last edited by TobusRex at Apr 17, 2016,
Quote by slapsymcdougal
But did he ever wear an onion on his belt?

Garlic.

There was a whole movie about he being a vampire hunter, it was a very forgettable movie.
Quote by TobusRex
The slaves would've been freed in 1783 if the Founding Fathers hadn't knuckled under to the demands of the southern plantation owners. It didn't help much that one of the FF (Jefferson) was banging the crap out of one of his slaves.

I don't blame you for bemoaning losing America though. If the USA hadn't kicked the hell out of Great Britain in the revolution we'd have certainly acquired full voting privileges in your parliament by now. Considering the USA is, what, 5 times the population of the UK we'd certainly be calling the shots there by now. No more shitty English food, you'd suddenly be enjoying proper American food. No more sissy soccer....you'd be enjoying proper football.

You didn't kick the hell out of Great Britain. You beat garrison quality troops with a 3,000 mile supply line(with an allied navy able to put half again as many ships of the line to sea as the Royal navy).
Quote by Diemon Dave
Quote by TobusRex
The interesting thing to me is that Lincoln was politically very liberal, yet today's arch rightwing Republicans still claim him, lol.

It's because Republicans today are too silly to realize that the Republican party used to be the liberal one. Because, just like people, political parties didn't evolve either according to the bible.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by slapsymcdougal
You didn't kick the hell out of Great Britain. You beat garrison quality troops with a 3,000 mile supply line(with an allied navy able to put half again as many ships of the line to sea as the Royal navy).

Pffft....all European troops are "garrison quality" compared to any American with a gun. I personally saw one American cop take out of group of highly trained German military operatives at a Chicago Christmas party. HE WASN'T EVEN WEARING SHOES!!!
Last edited by TobusRex at Apr 17, 2016,
Quote by theogonia777
It's because Republicans today are too silly to realize that the Republican party used to be the liberal one. Because, just like people, political parties didn't evolve either according to the bible.

lel
Quote by theogonia777

That issue has fascinated me for a long time. The "change in polarization", if we can call it that, was pretty much completed when the Civil Rights Act was signed. The hard thing is trying to identify when the Dems and GOP started to change. I think Hoover refusing to lift a finger during the Depression shows that the GOP had already turned stubbornheaded and stupid by 1930. Teddy Roosevelt though was actually very progressive by the standards of his era. So sometime between 1909 and 1930 the GOP started to turn.

Wilson, on the other hand, was fairly progressive in his own right. He took office in 1913. So for awhile it seems the Dems/GOP were closely aligned in many ways.

It gets even more complex when you discuss voting blocs, how different groups of Democrats and Republicans would caucus together.
Good.

Also Hamilton is dope so I'm glad they're kicking off Andrew "notorious prick" Jackson off instead.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Last edited by ErikLensherr at Apr 17, 2016,
Quote by darkcheef
Andrew Jackson was the 2nd best president so that kinda sucks

y u say that
Quote by slapsymcdougal

In the war of America vs. Britain, the winner was France.
Free Ali
Free Lard
Quote by TobusRex at #33930349
The slaves would've been freed in 1783 if the Founding Fathers hadn't knuckled under to the demands of the southern plantation owners. It didn't help much that one of the FF (Jefferson) was a southern plantation owner who was banging the crap out of his slaves.

I don't blame you for bemoaning losing America though. If the USA hadn't kicked the hell out of Great Britain in the revolution we'd have certainly acquired full voting privileges in your parliament by now. Considering the USA is, what, 5 times the population of the UK we'd certainly be calling the shots there by now (not that we aren't anyway, lol). No more shitty English food, you'd suddenly be enjoying proper American food. No more sissy soccer....you'd be enjoying proper football.

What even is Stonehenge, some rocks in a circle? I'll take the Grand Canyon pls.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Our economic growth is anemic, people are hurting still more than ever and we're all paying taxes for them to sit up there and work on this shit? People wonder why our govt is so damn dysfunctional..
Quote by Overlord
It's not hard to be nice, but it's nice to be hard
Last edited by Carnivean at Apr 17, 2016,
Quote by Aeolian Harmony
y u say that

He destroyed bankers, dueled people, and kicked indians out of the states that mattered
Quote by Carnivean
Our economic growth is anemic, people are hurting still more than ever and we're all paying taxes for them to sit up there and work on this shit? People wonder why our govt is so damn dysfunctional..
dysfunction is the best revenge for dysfunctional people
Well that's settles it, the white man's reign is over.
The old whatever race is on the 20 wins the world theory rings true.
Quote by darkcheef
He destroyed bankers, dueled people, and kicked indians out of the states that mattered

But how is that related to being the second-best president? (Also, who's your first?)

Not even arguing, really, just looking for your thoughts.
Page 1 of 3