View poll results: 𝘠𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘩𝘢𝘯𝘥𝘸𝘳𝘪
𝘎𝘰𝘰𝘥
12 41%
𝘉𝘢𝘥
17 59%
Voters: 29.
Page 1 of 2
"𝘐... 𝘈𝘔 𝘈𝘕 𝘈𝘋𝘜𝘓𝘛!"

Adulthood has been a very unsettling experience thus far for me at least. The other day in the supermarket someone was trying to get my attention by referring to me as "sir". I just stood there staring blankly as the last 20 or so years flashed before my eyes. I honestly could not believe it; this person, this complete stranger, had triggered a startling epiphany from within my soul. Am I a man now? Surely, they must have been mistaken. I ignored their calls and stumbled off.

I eventually left the supermarket, forgetting to pay for my items.

I returned and apologized profusely, lining up my goods across the conveyor belt as the cashier also referred to me as "sir". Another epiphany! I entered my bank pin erroneously several times, the clerk rolling her eyes with each screech of the handheld. More apologies, more ums, more uhs, more nervous sweating. The receipt she ended up handing me was longer than I've ever seen in my life. It was really long! I would have taken a picture of it to show you all, but I threw it out in a haze before leaving.

I've been slowly coming to terms with it, pit. I stare into the mirror every morning and repeat the words "tax exemption" to myself. I tried on dress shoes the other day, they were ok. I now know what 401k means. I've also started looking at the news daily.

But the biggest obstacle that prevents me from reaching true adulthood is my penmanship. It's atrocious and horrible, barely legible to everyone including myself. It doesn't matter how slowly I write, it ends up looking like crap. I've perused yahoo answers for help, but their answers make no sense! I mean what the hell is this:

And yes that was a real answer with two thumbs up. I thumbed it down.

Do you struggle with your handwriting? Have you managed to improve it? Are you fine with how your writing looks?

I want to know that I'm not alone.
ggg1 ggg3

Quote by Banjocal at #33930761
Profile -> My Blogs -> Post New Blog
But I wanted to make a thread.
ggg1 ggg3

My handwriting is usually sloppy unless I take my time and write neat. The only thing I remember how to write in cursive is my name, and I'm not very good at it.
I still feel like a 17 year old

I also still look like a 17 year old

This makes being a 24 year old a weird experience
the problem with growing up and losing your innocence is that suicide or euthanasia doesn't reduce suffering due to the fear of death instilled within us

so it's better that we were never born, really
Quote by VStratto Music at #33930769
just why the hell would you want to be an adult?

Buying beer legally is pretty much the only advantage of being an adult.
im mentally 14 still.

though i dont get this "i hate being grown up" thing. Im much better off now then i was ten years ago even if a lot of people think my life is terrible lol
My handwriting is awful, but we invented computers just to kill of calligraphers.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Quote by Banjocal
the problem with growing up and losing your innocence is that suicide or euthanasia doesn't reduce suffering due to the fear of death instilled within us

I beg to differ. I bet most people don't think about their own mortality all that much, and there are also many that are not particularly scared of death.

I would say that an actual problem with growing up is responsibility. We all have them, but few of us want them. That accompanied by the isolation of modern life is too much to bear for some, and a heavy burden to many.
When I saw the thread title Aesthetic I was almost certain it would be a vapourwave thread. I am disappointed.
Dance in the moonlight my old friend twilight

Quote by metal4eva_22
What's this about ****ing corpses? My UG senses were tingling.
Quote by Kaleidoscalp
I beg to differ. I bet most people don't think about their own mortality all that much
they'll suffer more don't you worry

Quote by Nero Galon
When I saw the thread title Aesthetic I was almost certain it would be a vapourwave thread. I am disappointed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyt_87yCyNw
Praise the Z-Dog, my DADDY ♂♂♂
Quote by slapsymcdougal
My handwriting is awful, but we invented computers just to kill of calligraphers.

I'd love to have attended that meeting.

-"Alright fellas, the calligraphers, they dun goofed, how can we get rid of them?"

"We shall build a computer."

Idk really he has solid genetics but can he go beyond Arnold perfect? Needs bigger shoulders.
Quote by arcanom
Mint and chocolate shouldnt be togather.
"Literally Worst Post of 2k16" approved by After Eight Lovers...
Quote by arcanom

Idk really he has solid genetics but can he go beyond Arnold perfect? Needs bigger shoulders.

What do you mean, solid genetics?

Those are not Aryan features. He needs blonder parents.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Quote by Banjocal

The older and closer I get to death, the less I fear it.

The problem with growing up is the added responsibilities. Nobody likes dealing with more crap, but we all do. Once you move out....mama isn't going to cook dinner for you, wash your clothes, make your bed, pay your bills, etc. You get the dubious honor of doing all that stuff for yourself...and it sucks. But the worst of all is having to work for a living...having all those boring long work days that you have to suffer through to pay the bills, when you can think of literally hundreds of things you'd be having a blast doing outside the job.
Quote by arcanom

Nobody with a gap between his teeth like Arnold can possibly be considered perfect, and I'm pretty sure I'm a better actor than him. Hell, I'm pretty sure YOU are a better actor than him and I've never seen you act.
Quote by slapsymcdougal
What do you mean, solid genetics?

Those are not Aryan features. He needs blonder parents.

Id suggest you to follow /r/AryanofPeace then. He shut his reddit account but you can find him at https://www.instagram.com/mav_423/ and as mav_423 at snapchat.

Dude is Aryan overlord.
Quote by arcanom
I won the penmanship award in 5th grade. My writing has gotten worse since, but much faster.
yeah but kids presumably would fear it most of them aren't that existentially involved

so it's better if you never happened
tfw your faux enthusiasm for Nazi eugenics is taken at face value
Quote by Diemon Dave
Quote by TobusRex
I won the penmanship award in 5th grade. My writing has gotten worse since, but much faster.

but how much can you bench/squat/deadlift?
Quote by arcanom
Quote by arcanom at #33930803
But does he have good handwriting
ggg1 ggg3

There are many older, adultier adults than me at work whose handwriting sucks. It doesn't really matter tbh
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

I have excellent handwriting when I can be bothered to not write as fast as possible.

Aside: Ya know what they about doctors and handwriting? Underneath is my doctor's signature at the very bottom of the image.

Free Ali
from what i understand you never really finish adulting you always feel like a whippersnapper

it's just that some people are more adult than you. like adultier adults.

adult

aaaaaaddd- ult-uh

adddullt

now i've said it so much it has lost all meaning.
Quote by chrismendiola
I have excellent handwriting when I can be bothered to not write as fast as possible.

Aside: Ya know what they about doctors and handwriting? Underneath is my doctor's signature at the very bottom of the image.

Attempt to decipher as filled in by the doc:
"Mendiola CHrilrigs"

"Pneumonia"

"Please Excuse Him from Scrpol I worn"
i've always thought bad handwriting was part of being an adult. i feel like my penmanship is very childish because it's so basic and obvious.
I don't personally like my handwriting but people compliment it sometimes and say it is very legible.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Page 1 of 2