Hi Guys,
Any Idea about some programs or softwares that will allow me to jam with my friends via Internet? Thanks
There's a thing called Ohm on Steam that does something like this, you should check it out. I actually think it's something that's going to be quite huge in the future, especially with VR (who needs to pay for practice rooms anymore?)

http://store.steampowered.com/app/241660/
You Dont Know Me

I have 10 Anarchy Points - I also have 8 Mythology points!

Peavey Generation EXP Custom White
Yamaha 120S Black
Korg AX5G
Digitech Whammy
Zvex Fuzz Factory
Boss OS2

Quote by mrfinkle213
This man has brains.

Quote by CoreysMonster
Banned for indirect reference.
How on earth do they deal with latency? I cant imagine it being very good, but I havent tried it myself so theres only one way to find out I guess
Quote by suckmahnuts
Watterboy, I love you.

Quote by davrossss
You are now my favourite person on UG.....You write cool shit.

Quote by wannabestoner69

I think for the moment I'll reserve my opinion on this idea. Playing music with others is not only a musical experience but a social interaction where being together in the same room adds it own flavor to the way we interact and play.

At this point it's a new idea and it may be workable. I'm curious. Let us know how it goes.
Yes I am guitarded also, nice to meet you.
Quote by Rickholly74
I think for the moment I'll reserve my opinion on this idea. Playing music with others is not only a musical experience but a social interaction where being together in the same room adds it own flavor to the way we interact and play.

At this point it's a new idea and it may be workable. I'm curious. Let us know how it goes.

You are totally right. I sometimes practice using JamKazam... Still there is nothing like sort of reacting to the sound of each other in the same room... But at least it lets us keep working which is pretty good.
Quote by Watterboy
How on earth do they deal with latency? I cant imagine it being very good, but I havent tried it myself so theres only one way to find out I guess

Depends where everyone lives and if their connection is any good to be honest latency wise.
You Dont Know Me

I have 10 Anarchy Points - I also have 8 Mythology points!

Peavey Generation EXP Custom White
Yamaha 120S Black
Korg AX5G
Digitech Whammy
Zvex Fuzz Factory
Boss OS2

Quote by mrfinkle213
This man has brains.

Quote by CoreysMonster
Banned for indirect reference.
I remember a website called "BandHub"

I've never used it (too afraid my guitar skills are not good enough),
but it seems to work like how Skype Video Calls work, except with music, each person does a music part, and it records it together into a music cover video

Kind of a cool concept in my opinion.
I know there's the option in GarageBand - I've never tried it fit the reasons above - I worry about latency and communication - I want to be able talk easily and it's way too easy to offend/rub someone up the wrong way unintentionally when you don't have the visual.
|
'....even the President of the United States sometimes must have to stand naked...."

Do me a favour, pop into Songwriting & Lyrics and add a comment to one thread, any thread, but contribute.

----

www.soundcloud.com/christobaldo
But its good to find out if somebody else has the same kind of interests without jamming physically..If you don't seem to jam,you can just say bye..
Quote by Wmheadbanger
But its good to find out if somebody else has the same kind of interests without jamming physically..If you don't seem to jam,you can just say bye..

The problem is if one of the people in the 'virtual' room have a poor connection, it will not gel, even if it was a G3 lineup.