nice! everything sounds good in the mix for me, the vocals they sound good but english is not my main language and I haven't slept in a looong time so I can't comment on them yet, but the harmonies sound well done and in tune, my fav parts from the track are the verse and the pace change at the end of the track, maybe if you leave the last note ringing, it would be a nice way to introduce the next song

in general the track sounds pretty pro

good job!

here, i also produce my own music, if you want to check it out:

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1700780
Sounds a bit like Melvins man, which I have no problem with haha. Really cool, I love the tone, bass could be dirtier but the production quality is good, vocals are great too. I love how bombastic the song gets and the build up. The shift in the ending is sick. Overall I loved it man, I would have loved a much rougher mix but that's just nitpicking. Great job!

You can check out one of my tracks here bro: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1694459&page=1&pp=20
Zerath,
I hear some Muse influence. Out of the vocals, I like the primary vocals best, which are rather good (I think the background vocals are weaker). Drums and guitar are good. I also like the change towards the end. Sounds quite good overall. Please review my music at this link:

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1700332
Last edited by aaron aardvark at Apr 21, 2016,
Quote by VStratto Music
nice! everything sounds good in the mix for me, the vocals they sound good but english is not my main language and I haven't slept in a looong time so I can't comment on them yet, but the harmonies sound well done and in tune, my fav parts from the track are the verse and the pace change at the end of the track, maybe if you leave the last note ringing, it would be a nice way to introduce the next song

in general the track sounds pretty pro

good job!

here, i also produce my own music, if you want to check it out:

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1700780

Thanks for the review!

I'm Swedish so it's not my native language either!
I've worked a lot on improving my accent throughout the years, and I'm pretty satisfied with my "general" American accent but I can always improve further.
The harmonies took some time to come up with as I'm not an expert in that area but it turned out pretty good I think.

The verse is what we built everything from as it was the first thing that we had. I tried to interlock my guitar parts with the bass/drums but still have it do its own thing, glad you liked it.

A lot of people has especially mentioned the ending! They also wanted us to expand upon it as it is quite an unique part of the song, so we might make a song that further expands on that, we'll see!

Quote by Poisonouspot
Sounds a bit like Melvins man, which I have no problem with haha. Really cool, I love the tone, bass could be dirtier but the production quality is good, vocals are great too. I love how bombastic the song gets and the build up. The shift in the ending is sick. Overall I loved it man, I would have loved a much rougher mix but that's just nitpicking. Great job!

You can check out one of my tracks here bro: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1694459&page=1&pp=20

Thanks for the review dude!

The Melvins you say? cool! I haven't listened that much to them tbh but they are a cool band so who am I to get offended by that!
I tried making the bass dirtier but I couldn't get it to sit in the mix so I opted for this saturated tone instead. I'm a sucker for epicness and dynamics utilization in songs so glad you caught that! The ending was truly a spark of inspiration of the whole band, it came to us at a rehearsal from the mighty Thor of course.

It was rough before I mixed and mastered it properly, but I tried getting the mixing into that "Songs for the deaf" zone WITHOUT the clipping. Got pretty close I think for being my first mixing/mastering .

Quote by Wildspark
That was really good!

Glad you liked it!

Quote by aaron aardvark
Zerath,
I hear some Muse influence. Out of the vocals, I like the primary vocals best, which are rather good (I think the background vocals are weaker). Drums and guitar are good. I also like the change towards the end. Sounds quite good overall. Please review my music at this link:

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1700332

Thanks for the review!

Yeah, I think it has a bit of "The handler" vibe to it.
I worked my ass of on the main vocals so glad you enjoyed them .
I did the falsetto backing as well as the low right channel backing vocals. The bassist did the darker backing vocal in the left channel and he's not a singer by any means so I think he did okey, singing in tune and so on!
The drums were recorded with an overhead mic and a sm58 for the kick drum so I did my best with what I had to work with! it turned out fine I guess . Glad you liked it!
This is good, man. I really like this song. The vocals are perfect for this style. The only thing I would change is to have a grittier bass tone, but that's just preference. Killer song, man!
Can definitely hear the Muse influence but it sounds like you've done your own spin on it which is cool. The track is quality sounding, everything is mixed well and all instruments shine out. 'Tis a nicely structured song where the vocals are really melodic and the riffs are cool. Especially liked the outro riff and the groove that comes in with the drums. Nice job on everything from you guys, keep up the good work.

If you're interested in C4C here's my track: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1700493
First I hate you because you can sing... Ok hate is a little strong...

I love the drum section, if you guys are a 3 piece well done on the production and whoever recorded you. The only thing I can say, and it's a little minor, is that I myself would have pulled the vocals back a bit so they blended it a little more. if you were going for a QOTSA kind of sound I think you hit it dead on. I see some Muse references in the other posts, but I'm not a big Muse fan so I can't really comment on that. I will say I love what other bands and artists have called that wall of sound style and you got that down.

Overall I think its a good track. Keep writing and working and I think you got a future, and when you hit it big and get to the main stage remember this post and toss a man some free coachella tickets... Oh and I still hate you because you can sing... did I mention I can't sing...
Quote by JWG2007
This is good, man. I really like this song. The vocals are perfect for this style. The only thing I would change is to have a grittier bass tone, but that's just preference. Killer song, man!

Thanks man! yeah, I'll make the bassist record one clean and one distorted bass track next time .

Quote by Steve Hart
Can definitely hear the Muse influence but it sounds like you've done your own spin on it which is cool. The track is quality sounding, everything is mixed well and all instruments shine out. 'Tis a nicely structured song where the vocals are really melodic and the riffs are cool. Especially liked the outro riff and the groove that comes in with the drums. Nice job on everything from you guys, keep up the good work.

If you're interested in C4C here's my track: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1700493

Thanks dude! Yeah Muse is a band I often gravitate towards in my style of writing, can't be helped sadly but in the end we are all the sum of our influences so .
The nice thing with the drum groove at the end to me is that, at least in my mind you would expect the drums to match the riff rhythmically but instead it does a half-time thing that throws you off the first time you hear it! I'm glad the drummer didn't listen to me . Will do!

Quote by domea
First I hate you because you can sing... Ok hate is a little strong...

I love the drum section, if you guys are a 3 piece well done on the production and whoever recorded you. The only thing I can say, and it's a little minor, is that I myself would have pulled the vocals back a bit so they blended it a little more. if you were going for a QOTSA kind of sound I think you hit it dead on. I see some Muse references in the other posts, but I'm not a big Muse fan so I can't really comment on that. I will say I love what other bands and artists have called that wall of sound style and you got that down.

Overall I think its a good track. Keep writing and working and I think you got a future, and when you hit it big and get to the main stage remember this post and toss a man some free coachella tickets... Oh and I still hate you because you can sing... did I mention I can't sing...

Hate the game, not the player Thanks for the compliment though! I've been singing for 10 years now (started when I was 16) and it's taken a lot of dedication and practice to be where I'm at now and I'm still not satisfied tbh (I'm my own worst critic).

We are a 3 piece actually I'm sing and play guitar, the bassist does some backing vocals and the drummer, well lets just say he smashes things with wooden sticks
We recorded the song ourselves. The drums were set up with a cheap-ish overhead mic to catch the cymbals, snare and toms. We had a SM58 for the Kick and that's about it. It was hell to get the drums to sound good with this setup but I think it worked out fairly well! For guitar and bass I solely used Amplitude 3. Then the mixing and mastering was up to me, it's fucking hard, but it's fun to finally learn how to do it properly!

I had the vocals lower in the mix but since we have democracy it was raised!
The wall of sound was something I wanted in this track to make it sound huge. What you're hearing are 8 different guitar sounds blended together for that wall .

Coachella, ah that would be the dream! but we only got 139 likes on Facebook so We're not quite there yet

If you want to sing, just go for it man and if you're not totally tone deaf then you got a great head start already. Learn to use your diaphragm and practice scales a couple of times each week and you'll get it in no time!

Glad you liked it!
First off, thank you for checking out my track and providing your feedback.

"The New Dark Age" is a definite ear-worm. I liked the bass intro and panning drums at the beginning. The vocals are extremely well done. The guitar riffs are heavy and catchy. It'd be great to hear a little more lead-style playing here. I thought the snare was a little thin in the mix. The vocals at 2:00 reminded me of the band Cynic. The transitional riff at 2:45 reminded me of Led Zeppelin's Kashmir. Overall, this was a very enjoyable track. You guys have some great chemistry. Thank you for sharing your creation with me.
Definitely feeling the Muse influence on this. Great song,the vocals are awesome and the mixing is great too. My only complaints are:

1.Bass tone could be a bit more gritty
2.Vocals are a tad too loud

Great job,dude!

Here's my latest orchestra piece:https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1700054
Quote by silvadolla
First off, thank you for checking out my track and providing your feedback.

"The New Dark Age" is a definite ear-worm. I liked the bass intro and panning drums at the beginning. The vocals are extremely well done. The guitar riffs are heavy and catchy. It'd be great to hear a little more lead-style playing here. I thought the snare was a little thin in the mix. The vocals at 2:00 reminded me of the band Cynic. The transitional riff at 2:45 reminded me of Led Zeppelin's Kashmir. Overall, this was a very enjoyable track. You guys have some great chemistry. Thank you for sharing your creation with me.

Thanks man! yeah, the drums was hard to mix with just an overhead mic did my best though! hope to share more tracks soon!

Quote by GuitarManiac110
Definitely feeling the Muse influence on this. Great song,the vocals are awesome and the mixing is great too. My only complaints are:

1.Bass tone could be a bit more gritty
2.Vocals are a tad too loud

Great job,dude!

Here's my latest orchestra piece:https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1700054

Thanks for the feedback! will do!
Really feel the Muse when the vocals hit in xD and the rhythm is pretty attractive, just like theirs! The vocalist obviously likes Bellamy a lot.
You guys did a pretty good job mixing the guitars and bass, but If say the cymbals kinda sound low quality compared to everything else, like the volume rocker was thrown overboard.

The one time change nearing the end caught me off guard and worked very well IMO.

Other than those cymbals, the track was pretty well mixed! Good job and congrats to you all

Here's my own content, I'd really appreciate it if you checked it out some time soon: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1701912
Quote by LourDeo_15
Really feel the Muse when the vocals hit in xD and the rhythm is pretty attractive, just like theirs! The vocalist obviously likes Bellamy a lot.
You guys did a pretty good job mixing the guitars and bass, but If say the cymbals kinda sound low quality compared to everything else, like the volume rocker was thrown overboard.

The one time change nearing the end caught me off guard and worked very well IMO.

Other than those cymbals, the track was pretty well mixed! Good job and congrats to you all

Here's my own content, I'd really appreciate it if you checked it out some time soon: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1701912

Thanks man! I do like him! the drums was hard as fuck but it turned out alright! will review your stuff!