Good technique - check for intonation on slow bends. Add legato wherever possible to make it sound more like Vai. Overall: more feeling would be nice, but not at the cost of timing, which is quite off on some occasions. Don't know exactly - sounds like you're behind or ahead of the beat every other measure. Most of all, your playing deserves a better tone. This sounds like some digital effects device. You're on a level of playing where a good tone can take you those few extra steps, just by giving a better response. Hard to explain. Good effort in general, this is not an easy song to cover at all. So, thumbs up despite all the little imperfections. This is criticism on a VERY high level
This is not a signature
Thank you Yeah, timing is something I've always struggled with. I always practice to a metronome, but I always end up rushing or losing it somehow. Good tone would be nice to have, but for now I'm stuck trying to get usable sounds out of VSTS
Quote by entity0009
some retards decided it would be funny to use mental conditions as insults.
Quote by sword shredder
Thank you Yeah, timing is something I've always struggled with. I always practice to a metronome, but I always end up rushing or losing it somehow. Good tone would be nice to have, but for now I'm stuck trying to get usable sounds out of VSTS

You should try Amplitube, you can get some pretty good sounds with it, as far as VSTs are concerned. Anyways, nice cover, congrats