Page 1 of 2
I would never, and anyone that does so deserves neither. If you can't take your gf/bf/xf around your friends, then either your gf/bf/xf or your friends are nuts

Personal and business relationships, on the other hand
i let my girlfriends mom meet my parents after nine years of dating. friends? yeah, well obvy you're gonna need friends to get drunk with...
Quote by Fat Lard
I would never, and anyone that does so deserves neither. If you can't take your gf/bf/xf around your friends, then either your gf/bf/xf or your friends are nuts

Personal and business relationships, on the other hand

I was hoping you'd post in this thread. :')
Free Ali
Definitely keep relationships separate.

Once they find out you're seeing like 7 other girls, for some reason all 8 get a bit twitchy.
Quote by slapsymcdougal
Definitely keep relationships separate.

Once they find out you're seeing like 7 other girls, for some reason all 8 get a bit twitchy.

I've got a guy working for me with three girlfriends right now; all three def know about each other too.

He's never unahppy at least.
I was talking to these two brazilian soccer guys once and they asked me how many girlfriends I had. I said "one". They cracked up like it was the funniest thing ever, like they felt sorry for me and my one girlfriend.
I've wished I was Brazilian ever since that day.
I'm not sure I keep them separate per-say, but there are varied degrees of separation that occur between groups.

My business friends/contacts/connections are often not the same individuals I make friends with. They're a different type of person. I don't keep the two apart, but grabbing drinks with a business-friend is much different of an atmosphere than grabbing them with a friend.

My friends and relationships are much the same. The people I befriend are closer to the relationship idea than the business idea, but it's a different caliber of person than one I romantically interact with. While I don't shadow or hide them - I'll go comb a museum with my romantic interest, and I'll go and paintball or jam with a friend. The activities and atmosphere just don't align in the other's wheelhouse.

My family, as I've aged, have become more friends than they have guidance councilors. The small group of friends I have retained for any duration mixes very well with my family and I shamelessly bring them around for family events. Ma doesn't usually agree with my taste in women because her ideals and my checkboxes couldn't be further from one another.

So - In the end, I really don't keep anything apart with intent to do so. I get different things from people I hold different levels of relationship with. This causes the groups to intermix less frequently and everyone wins!
Cuz I don't want her to see my friend Shon, he looks like Chris Brown. She would be helpless.
How do you mean?

What like...never have your girlfriend meet your best mate? That's weird.

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Quote by EndTheRapture51
How do you mean?

this is what I meant originally but it can extend to family, business & stuff

Quote by Pastafarian96
I an evety characyer in this story
I try to keep them separate. Had a huge problem develop with a girlfriend and friends once that ended a friendship that had lasted 10 years.
Check out my band Disturbed
Quote by M00NAGEDAYDREAM
this is what I meant originally but it can extend to family, business & stuff

well then no lol that is really weird

although i haven't really hung out with previous girlfriends friends

and she wasnt bothered about hanging out with my friends

but i didn't intentionally keep it separate it just kinda happened

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Quote by EyeNon15
I was talking to these two brazilian soccer guys once and they asked me how many girlfriends I had. I said "one". They cracked up like it was the funniest thing ever, like they felt sorry for me and my one girlfriend.
I've wished I was Brazilian ever since that day.

A South African guy that I was talking to at a college party mentioned that of all of the countries he's traveled to, Brazil was by far the best. Something something horny, friendly, voluptuous women
Quote by EndTheRapture51
How do you mean?

Some of my best friends have never met my girlfriend. I don't think it's that weird, but I'm not doing it on purpose or anything.
Free Ali
Quote by Fat Lard

xf?
Well it's not hard to keep away in online relationships

lolpit
Glad to cross paths with you on this adventure called life
Quote by Jet Penguin
lots of flirting with the other key without confirming. JUST LIKE THEIR LOVE IN THE MOVIE OH DAMN.
Quote by Hail
you're acting like you have perfect pitch or something
I've usually gained a relationship through a friend in a group of friends* so I've normally had to do keep them together

*this is a terrible risk to take do not do it do not do it
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
Quote by danielh123.
cis?

Apologies. I assumed you identified as a computer and information scientist
Sigh.

Straight/gay/bi/pan what have you are sexual orientations
Asexual/demisexual are what I call sexual inclinations

cis is the opposite of trans, borrowed from chemistry. You identify with your birth gender.
Glad to cross paths with you on this adventure called life
Quote by Jet Penguin
lots of flirting with the other key without confirming. JUST LIKE THEIR LOVE IN THE MOVIE OH DAMN.
Quote by Hail
you're acting like you have perfect pitch or something
Quote by NeoMvsEu
Sigh.

Straight/gay/bi/pan what have you are sexual orientations
Asexual/demisexual are what I call sexual inclinations

cis is the opposite of trans, borrowed from chemistry. You identify with your birth gender.

Sigh.
Solution - don't have relationships *or* friendships. It's worked well for me so far!
If there is a God, it's me.
Have you guys and gals never seen Seinfeld when Worlds Collide?

Gibson 58 VOS, Gibson Rich Robinson ES-335, Fender Strat, Fender RoadWorn 50's Tele, Gibson LP Jr Special

Marshall JTM45, Fender BJR NOS
I thought this was going to be about the pits opinion on starting a relationship with a friend, or on staying friends with someone after a break up. Which I think is a much more interesting discussion then this shit...
RIP Gooze

cats
not on purpose but if they don't mix on their own i'm not going to force them to do so. I also don't go out of my way to tell people I have a bf because I don't want to talk about personal things with most people if we are meeting to discuss something unrelated
cat
Last edited by guitarxo at Apr 18, 2016,
Page 1 of 2